News: Dorion says Talbot won't return next season

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
oh no...here come the folks who didn't have a clue coming in with their hindsight as if they can provide some great insight.

Not all of us need hindsight

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I think most Sens fans were okay with the trade at the time, Gus didn't look like he was ready for the kind of season he ended up having and we couldn't rely on him, given the other improvements, to be the #1 goalie.

In hindsight, this trade ended up sucking bad, not because Gus was amazing this year, but because Talbot didn't work out at all.

I genuinely still don't believe that Gus would put up similar numbers in Ottawa though. He's fitting the Wild's system perfectly it seems, which is great for him and for that team, but he wouldn't have saved our team this past year.

Last edited:

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
*my best Homer Simpson voice*

Goalie carousel goes round.
Goalie carousel goes round.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not all of us need hindsight

What is this showing? It's a thread in which you try to convince others that Matt Murray isn't that bad of a pick up. You casually mention Talbot as one of the goaltenders Murray had a better GSAA than. You also mentioned Ullmark.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
What is this showing? It's a thread in which you try to convince others that Matt Murray isn't that bad of a pick up. You casually mention Talbot as one of the goaltenders Murray had a better GSAA than. You also mentioned Ullmark.

It was just one of many threads where Sens fans tried to sell me on Talbot and I pointed out that Minny was really insulating him. For the record, I don't think PD traded the next Rask, I just think Minnesota makes goalies look great.

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Okay? So? What’s up your ass right now?

All I said is I’m surprised they aren’t gone. Like they shouldn’t be?
No you said your shocked they’re returning,

I’m utterly shocked Dorion (and DJ) are returning next season.

and I told you no one knows if they’re returning,
Sens won’t know until new owners arrive and make that decision.
Enjoy your name calling though,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad