OT: Former Pred Talk

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, those are pretty "expectable" numbers for those players. I'm glad Jeannot is back to more of a steady form for what I would have thought. Duchene's production is maybe a little impressive, because the Stars have a lot of other scoring players and the line he plays on wasn't necessarily expected to score at that clip. Joey and Granlund were "cooked" here, and seem to be living up to that observation.

Tolvanen was indeed the only true sore point amongst those, since he was given up for nothing, and was on such a cheap contract it didn't even benefit us in any way on the Cap. Hopefully we can add a couple of D to the Watch List soon... because I sure would like to see Stastney and Fabbro playing every game.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah but didn’t Poile say the Nino move was to sort of prove he actually was selling?
Well and if I recall was one of the first trades of the year so figuring out the market was still happening. Also gotta keep in mind he had an additional year, and for a lot of teams in a tight cap that wasn't a good thing.

I think we all thought it was light at the time, but a 2nd for a player you had basically nothing invested in isn't exactly horrible.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
End of the day, if our "former Pred" thread is mostly focused on the Tolvanen giveaway... welllll... that might not be the Worst Thing Ever? Like, that was a big mistake, but most teams in the league do more/multiple donkey-bad moves, right? We should be able to live with ONE. :dunno:

Reactions: hido

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He did. Just sortof funny both Granlund and Nino got 2nds and Jeannot got a draft class. Nino is the best producing of all of them and Granlund isnt worth his contract.
Jeannot is 21 games, 4 goals, 4 asts. pace of 30 pts 16 goals 33PIMs. For a draft class...

For exactly a half a season: 41 games 6 goals, 7 asts, 13 pts 55 PIMs. For a draft class...

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Jeannot is 21 games, 4 goals, 4 asts. pace of 30 pts 16 goals 33PIMs. For a draft class...

For exactly a half a season: 41 games 6 goals, 7 asts, 13 pts 55 PIMs. For a draft class...

Nino: 12G 15A 27P in 41 games 12 PIM for a 2nd

Granlund: 1G 8A 9P in 34 Games 14 PIM for a 2nd

Part of it is contract but toughness must be pretty valuable. Still amazed we got anything for Granlund... i just knew we were gonna have to pay to get rid of him.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
The Nino trade may have been serving Josi a bit of a notice, since Josi was the one that really went out and recruited Nino with the Swiss connection.

Speaking of that, it looks like O'Reilly and McDonagh are now the leadership in the locker room. Josi may still wear the C, but Trotz seems like he followed through on the culture change business.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The Nino trade may have been serving Josi a bit of a notice, since Josi was the one that really went out and recruited Nino with the Swiss connection.

Speaking of that, it looks like O'Reilly and McDonagh are now the leadership in the locker room. Josi may still wear the C, but Trotz seems like he followed through on the culture change business.
I'm not surprised, never thought Josi should have ever been the captain.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Capture.PNG

HockeyReference added nicknames for players and I don't ever remember hearing that first one for Neal.

• Haha
Reactions: PredsV82

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014

At best he's great. The defensive plays and then that pass on Duclair's first goal :cool:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Really looking like we shouldve kept connor ingram. 2.23 GAA .930 SV% 11W 3L.

Lankinen is fine and all but Ingram always had starter potential.
Ingram was not as good as Lankinen last year so we chose short term gain over long term potential. Our apparent policy of having guys be completely NHL ready and being hesitant to let guys do some development in the NHL definitely has cost us a few times and this is another example.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Ingram was not as good as Lankinen last year so we chose short term gain over long term potential. Our apparent policy of having guys be completely NHL ready and being hesitant to let guys do some development in the NHL definitely has cost us a few times and this is another example.
I guess that is one of the benefits that Arizona has had with allowing itself to be mediocre and let players struggle but learn the craft at the NHL level. Ingram also played 8 more NHL games than Lankinen on a worse team so he might of been fine here.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I guess that is one of the benefits that Arizona has had with allowing itself to be mediocre and let players struggle but learn the craft at the NHL level. Ingram also played 8 more NHL games than Lankinen on a worse team so he might of been fine here.
Yeah it is definitely a balance you have to strike and I definitely don't envy Arizona's overall situation. I totally get the mentality of players needing to earn their spot when you're a contending team, but I do think we need to be willing to give a bit more leeway to our top prospects for the situation we're in now.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Yeah it is definitely a balance you have to strike and I definitely don't envy Arizona's overall situation. I totally get the mentality of players needing to earn their spot when you're a contending team, but I do think we need to be willing to give a bit more leeway to our top prospects for the situation we're in now.

There definitely is a balance. You see it here on the forums. Some people get mad at the thought of pressboxing, some people are ready to call players a bust if they arent regulars in the NHL by age 22.

Last season, i wasnt happy with Tomasino being sent down to MIL. This season after seeing him pressboxed and how he responded, i better understand what was trying to be accomplished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad