Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
n8lR92c.jpg

I think this picture should be shared in the GDT whenever Frank scores a goal this year.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
2 assists tonight…..is this him breaking out into a Marchessault? Smaller guy, good wheels, good shot…if he can find some consistency in his game we may have a gem here
It'll be absolutely nice if the Ducks have pulled a Vegas and found a underused guy who breaks out with a bigger role given to him. Both have guys have played for the Panthers too.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Fantasy question: Why isn't Vatrano 1st line, 1st PP? I have him on my fantasy team and the stats would indicate he is doing pretty damn good.

EDIT: I get that he has worked out pretty well on that 2nd line, but with his stats he would be 1st PP by any logic.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Fantasy question: Why isn't Vatrano 1st line, 1st PP? I have him on my fantasy team and the stats would indicate he is doing pretty damn good.
Because we have better wingers, ostensibly. There's not much evidence that there's even more offense inside of Frank somewhere that can be unlocked with more ice time, he's a volume shooter who's converting a quarter of his chances right now. Another minute or so of ice time isn't going to change much and he's already well north of his previous career high ice time. And he's got great chemistry with McTavish, who is arguably the 1C anyway. Our other centers are Carlsson who isn't guaranteed to play every night and Zegras who isn't allowed to play center for some dumb reason.

Long story short, Frank's in about as good a position as he can possibly be on this team.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Because we have better wingers, ostensibly. There's not much evidence that there's even more offense inside of Frank somewhere that can be unlocked with more ice time, he's a volume shooter who's converting a quarter of his chances right now. Another minute or so of ice time isn't going to change much and he's already well north of his previous career high ice time. And he's got great chemistry with McTavish, who is arguably the 1C anyway. Our other centers are Carlsson who isn't guaranteed to play every night and Zegras who isn't allowed to play center for some dumb reason.

Long story short, Frank's in about as good a position as he can possibly be on this team.
And now that I take a closer look, the only forward (besides Carlsson, who has 1 second more) with more ice time than Frank is Terry. So I mean, what more do you want, really.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Drafted or not, he made an impact at the ASG. Led his team in goals and tied in points. If they had won the SO, he may have shown even more.

Love a guy who is not a prima donna and carries his lunch pail to work every day; and puts up points. Ducks need to keep him.

John

Reactions: lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad