GDT: Game 81 at LA | 7:30 PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
No trip on the goalie eh? Wouldn’t really care if the exact same thing wasn’t called against the ducks the other week

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
His awareness of player spacing is a huge asset for him. I think it's an attribute that isn't talked about enough. Guys like Getzlaf, Nieds, and Pronger had that awareness pretty much sky high (along with other elite attributes, don't get me wrong) and they thrived in the league (partially) because of it.

He just needs to get a better sense of the right time to cheat in offensively and when to get ready to swing back on defense. Thought he had a couple really good defensive plays last period so I don't think it's a question of whether he can do it, just knowing when the situation calls for responsibility and when it calls for some risk taking.
Yup very well said. Comparison to Nieds would be easy, but he actually reminds me of Getzlaf, which is sorta bizarre because they are completely different players. However Getz was phenomenal utilizing his best assets (size, reach and vision) making space for himself. Zellweger does that with his skating and overall mobility (he is very deceptive which matters as much speed) as well as stick handling with a purpose. He is always trying to get into a position where he is able to make a play for himself or others.

I feel that truly great players precisely know how to make their own space with their strenghts, and they are willing/able to use that skill set to a max. I actually think he might have something only Zegras and Carlsson possess in this team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'd like a closer look at the penalty cause from what I saw it's absurd that LA gets that call after they've gotten away with like 5

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
So they miss a blatant interference and a whole host of other stuff only to make a soft call against us

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Terry has been pretty awful for about 80% if the season
Yeah hopefully the year off helps him and he comes back stronger. I've gotten to the point where I see all these variations on potential lines next year and I don't like Terry on any of them. He feels like an offensive zone liability.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah hopefully the year off helps him and he comes back stronger. I've gotten to the point where I see all these variations on potential lines this year and I don't like Terry on them. He feels like an offensive zone liability.
He’s kinda become a puck hog, and if he ain’t scoring… he’s killing plays.

If he’s scoring, you maybe turn a blind eye to it…. But he’s not exactly doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad