GDT: GDT #79 New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens | April 11th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 OTW

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Have you watched Sorokin lately? He doesnt win...against anybody.

Sorokin is 4-6 in his last 10 games with three of those wins coming against San Jose, Columbus and Chicago. While Varly is 6-3-1 in his last 10. Pretty significant difference playing behind the same team wouldnt you say?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Just saw on twitter a video of Mika pleading with the media that he really hopes it wasn't intentional, repeating that line like four times in a 70 second video. Victimhood runs strong in Ranger land.
Here's a picture of Pelech lining up Mika for the hit as his head was facing in an entirely different direction.

1712854692760.png

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You managed to completely and totally contradict yourself in one sentence. Nice work.
He won against Columbus and Chicago. Before that he lost 6 straight games. If you are impressed by that then good but most Isles fans are not. He has been a sieve basically the whole season.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Sorokin is 4-6 in his last 10 games with three of those wins coming against San Jose, Columbus and Chicago. While Varly is 6-3-1 in his last 10. Pretty significant difference playing behind the same team wouldnt you say?
I understand that Varlamov is having the better streak recently, but to automatically pencil in a loss whenever he starts seems silly.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Habs fans are with you, please win. Best case scenario for both fanbases.
I just hope everyone has fun. Islanders win, Habs lose out to gain some points in the Celebrini Celebration and everyone is happy. Oh and Brendan Gallagher gets sent into next century and onto LTIR so you guys don’t have to see him in the lineup anymore.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I just hope everyone has fun. Islanders win, Habs lose out to gain some points in the Celebrini Celebration and everyone is happy. Oh and Brendan Gallagher gets sent into next century and onto LTIR so you guys don’t have to see him in the lineup anymore.
I’ll refrain on the permanent injury to anyone but other than that, we see eye to eye.

BTW, tanking is HORRIBLE overall, it kills fandom. Can’t wait for it to be done with and end this misery :laugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
nice vote of confidence from Roy to give Sorokin the start on Sat. Let's see what the white whale brings
Sorokin will be fine. If he was 21 or 22 I'd be concerned but he's almost 29. Bad streaks/down years happen.

IF (and I realize still a huge if) they make the playoffs, will be interesting to see who starts. I can see Roy alternating each game unless one gets really hot. Guess that's why Lou paid Varlamov the big bucks...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
nice vote of confidence from Roy to give Sorokin the start on Sat. Let's see what the white whale brings

At this time of year the team can't afford to do anything but try to put their best lineup in and take the points they can get. Roll with the better goaltender tonight and see what happens Saturday, he could always decide to ride Varlamov if circumstances call for it.

I think this is the right way to go about this.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
At this time of year the team can't afford to do anything but try to put their best lineup in and take the points they can get. Roll with the better goaltender tonight and see what happens Saturday, he could always decide to ride Varlamov if circumstances call for it.

I think this is the right way to go about this.
Soro was worked like a rented mule earlier on the season. Needed some time to rest/recover. He got it. Now it’s back to work. He’ll be fine.

Reactions: Lek

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
IMO just the opposite. You know Roy would love to have Varly the Ranger killer in the net this weekend. What he’s saying is the team needs at least one of these two games and he doesn’t trust Sorokin even against the less talented team at home. Sorokin losing tonight would mean at Rangers would be a must win game. Bad situation.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Soro was worked like a rented mule earlier on the season. Needed some time to rest/recover. He got it. Now it’s back to work. He’ll be fine.

I don't have any concerns about him long term but Varlamov is playing well right now so I want him starting games until he gives the team a reason not to. They can't afford to give Sorokin starts just to see if he's out of his funk yet.

Reactions: Big L

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
IMO just the opposite. You know Roy would love to have Varly the Ranger killer in the net this weekend. What he’s saying is the team needs at least one of these two games and he doesn’t trust Sorokin even against the less talented team at home. Sorokin losing tonight would mean at Rangers would be a must win game. Bad situation.
Could be or could not be. Love the fact that if anyone knows the mentality of a star goalie, it's him.

Reactions: 12Dog and Big L

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Could be or could not be. Love the fact that if anyone knows the mentality of a star goalie, it's him.

Couldn't agree more. Usually coaches don't really know much about goaltending, in this case does he doesn't only know but he was one of the greatest to ever do it. I don't expect him to be giving pointers on form or anything but he should be able to assess and communicate about the mental aspect of the position.

Reactions: mm11 and Big L

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Couldn't agree more. Usually coaches don't really know much about goaltending, in this case does he doesn't only know but he was one of the greatest to ever do it. I don't expect him to be giving pointers on form or anything but he should be able to assess and communicate about the mental aspect of the position.
He's gotta be intimately familiar with the new school of goaltending too though. He's been around the game as a coach since he retired at the highest levels. Not saying he's running goalie drills with Sorokin and Varlamov but he's seen the evolution first hand.

Having a former goalie as head coach is a huge positive for the goalies on the team.

I wonder if the NYR fans will start to chant Pelech Sucks or Dobson Sucks for the next half century
I'd like to hear the NYI fans chant "Vicious Hit!" after every Ranger dive.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I’ll refrain on the permanent injury to anyone but other than that, we see eye to eye.

BTW, tanking is HORRIBLE overall, it kills fandom. Can’t wait for it to be done with and end this misery :laugh:
I miss when the Canadiens were a good team. Im just glad Slafkovsky looks legit since I wanted him on the isles back in 2022

Reactions: Gustave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad