GDT: GDT #79 New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens | April 11th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 OTW

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’ll refrain on the permanent injury to anyone but other than that, we see eye to eye.

BTW, tanking is HORRIBLE overall, it kills fandom. Can’t wait for it to be done with and end this misery :laugh:
We’re used to unintentional tanking in Islanders land from all the dumpster fire years of bad ownership. As for Gallagher, he does need some form of retaliation for that hit on Pelech. A fight would be acceptable.

Reactions: Gustave

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
BTW, tanking is HORRIBLE overall, it kills fandom. Can’t wait for it to be done with and end this misery :laugh:

Tanking is truly horrible, and you hate to see it, but just wondering...

Is the Isles were easily one of the worst 5 teams in the league with no shot at the playoffs in 2015, would you have been ok with (maybe even root for a tad) a few extra losses if it meant they would have gotten McDavid?

I know I would've been fine with that. Think any Edmonton fans mind the Oilers 14-15 season now (and think Sabres fans want to kill the NHL's lottery system)? A few extra losses for a team going nowhere could change the direction of a franchise for a decade or more.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
To the person responsible for the NHL game schedule....I want to punch you in the face.

IN other news.....I'd like to see how well/bad we play against the hurricanes...post Lambert.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Tanking is truly horrible, and you hate to see it, but just wondering...

Is the Isles were easily one of the worst 5 teams in the league with no shot at the playoffs in 2015, would you have been ok with (maybe even root for a tad) a few extra losses if it meant they would have gotten McDavid?

I know I would've been fine with that. Think any Edmonton fans mind the Oilers 14-15 season now (and think Sabres fans want to kill the NHL's lottery system)? A few extra losses for a team going nowhere could change the direction of a franchise for a decade or more.
Exactly, with the difficulty of getting game breaking talent, losing your games when you are not going to make the playoffs becomes close to necessity, whether it’d be for that lottery ticket or get those top 5 picks.

But it‘s quirky to wish for losses and it’s hard to “turn off” that mindset when you are, say, bottom 8 to bottom 14. You’re just in limbo then.

Reactions: periferal

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Can someone tell me if the game is being televised on MSG Plus? I only have access to MSG 2 and MSG Plus.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
who do we want to win tonight det or pitt?
Detroit. Detroit regulation win would essentially bury the penguins. Detroit only has a shot at WC2. Penguins have a shot at M3 and WC2. Detroit winning and burying the penguins increases isles chances of making playoffs.

Reactions: Potvottier

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'm using a hack on firestick...I thought msg was trying to push their app...download the app! 8)

I'm using a laptop/desktop - There is no APP for them (only phones and iPads).

Any other solutions to watch just on a computer?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm using a laptop/desktop - There is no APP for them (only phones and iPads).

Any other solutions to watch just on a computer?

Assuming you don't have an NHL.TV subscription then go to Google and search for "live ru"

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Assuming you don't have an NHL.TV subscription then go to Google and search for "live ru"

Thanks my friend. Appreciate it. Actually was able to get it to work on Safari, but not Chrome. Would love to troubleshoot that. Any idea what this error code means...?

ERROR AUTHORIZING PLAYBACKT​

[400]: Request failed with status code 400

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
While you weren't looking, a win tonight would match the Islanders season high win streak.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
While you weren't looking, a win tonight would match the Islanders season high win streak.

Would be really bad to lose this game against a non-playoff team (at home). Hopefully they don't suffer the pre/post rangers game hangover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad