Goals against review thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Really looking forward to reviewing Montembeault’s 5 goals against for Montreal.

He was absolute TRASH goalie with the Panthers a couple years ago when he played there. I seem to remember him racking up the softies, even though he rarely played. He didn’t play at all in the NHL last year.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Really looking forward to reviewing Montembeault’s 5 goals against for Montreal.

He was absolute TRASH goalie with the Panthers a couple years ago when he played there. I seem to remember him racking up the softies, even though he rarely played. He didn’t play at all in the NHL last year.

did this on mute for obvious reasons

1. weak wrister let in short side top of circle underarm….. sawft as f***

2. open wrister from point beaten clean unscreened blocker……a joke……..saw saw saft!

3. down early but that dont matter….the puck goes right through his body just off the slot…..yes, a wrister. …….so so soft

4. a tough bounce with your d-man screening you with his ass in your face

5. a JUICY! rebound to set up the trigger man on the opposite side on the PK….. not soft per se ….but terrible goaltending ….. you cant set up the guy like that …to0 f***ing easy

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
The worst culprit at season's end could be elected to win the "Mr. Softee" award. :laugh:
mister-softee-chocolate-7.gif

Last edited:

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
I've counted breakaways and penalty kill goals as stoppable before. Why wouldn't I? Remember, these goals aren't necessarily the goalies if I count them stoppable. Just shots I thought the goalies could have had.

just hope its rare, because the goalie is at a huge man on man, and mental disadvantage before that whistle

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey

1)well the first goal, was on PP , he was screened, most likely unstoppable, unless he fought more to look around the screen?
2)second goal not stoppable , he looked fooled, or completely unprepared, but it was a 4 hole, above the pad below the blocker/arm. in slow mo, somebodys stick redirects the puck right in front of him. Throw pucks to the net you will score.
3) again, unstoppable, if you have not been introduced to oloffsons shot, there is a prime example, given time and space, the goalie would need to block the entire net ::insert walrus commercial::
4) ugh man im bad at this, not stoppable again. 2 v 3 somebody throws a high hard one to the net (saved with jumping shoulder, how do you rebound control that?) nobody clears shit or takes the man crashing the net, tap in.
5) again, powerplay, buffalo was moving the puck to 3-4 players crossing the entire ice left to right on the goalie , the one timer from across the ice he was late but there kinda, but it would not have matter top corner breadbasket

But hey love to hear everyone elses opinion, this is in my opinion. Dont read this until you looked at the highlights first and form your own.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Thursday night's games

Canadians vs Sabres: 5 goals against Montembeault, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Anderson, no chance.

Maple Leafs vs Senators: 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Forsberg, 1 stoppable.

Penguins vs Panthers: 5 goals against DeSmith, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable.

Stars vs Rangers: 2 goals against Holtby, no chance on either. 3 goals against Shesterkin, no chance on any.

Islanders vs Hurricanes: 5 goals against Sorokin, no chance on any. 3 goals against Andersen, no chance on any.

Coyotes vs Blue Jackets: 8 goals against Hutton, 5 stoppable. 2 goals against Merzlikins, 1 stoppable. Hutton with the most goals I've ever counted stoppable in a single game maybe?

Lightning vs Red Wings: 6 goals against Vasilevskiy, 3 stoppable. 7 goals against Nedeljkovic, no chance on any.

Kraken vs Predators: 3 goals against Grubauer, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Saros, no chance on any.

Golden Knights vs Kings: 4 goals against Lehner, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Brossoit in relief, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Petersen, 1 stoppable.

So that's 68 goals scored on goalies, 20 are stoppable. That's 29% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .892%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is easily the Dylan Larkin goal on Vasilevskiy. Looked almost exactly like the goal one of the Vegas fourth liners scored on Schneider 3 years ago.

I don’t know if it’s my poor internet or NHL.com is down, but I can’t post it right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
1)well the first goal, was on PP , he was screened, most likely unstoppable, unless he fought more to look around the screen?
2)second goal not stoppable , he looked fooled, or completely unprepared, but it was a 4 hole, above the pad below the blocker/arm. in slow mo, somebodys stick redirects the puck right in front of him. Throw pucks to the net you will score.
3) again, unstoppable, if you have not been introduced to oloffsons shot, there is a prime example, given time and space, the goalie would need to block the entire net ::insert walrus commercial::
4) ugh man im bad at this, not stoppable again. 2 v 3 somebody throws a high hard one to the net (saved with jumping shoulder, how do you rebound control that?) nobody clears shit or takes the man crashing the net, tap in.
5) again, powerplay, buffalo was moving the puck to 3-4 players crossing the entire ice left to right on the goalie , the one timer from across the ice he was late but there kinda, but it would not have matter top corner breadbasket

But hey love to hear everyone elses opinion, this is in my opinion. Dont read this until you looked at the highlights first and form your own.
With all due respect, I don't think there's too many goals you would think are stoppable on the goalie?

The two I nailed him on were the first and third goals against him.

If you wanna say he was screened on goal one? I don't think so. The guy got out of the way well enough before and he was beaten shore side. By no means was this the worst of the 20 goals I counted stoppable last night, but I still nail the goalie for a stoppable goal on these.

Goal 3 was one where he was square to the shooter and it still gets through him.

If I nailed him on goal 5, I'd probably be counting A LOT more goals as stoppable, but it wasn't a great rebound.

Goal 2 was a deflection and goal 4 is about as impossible of a save as it gets.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Carter Hutton and Vasilevskiy in the early lead for my stoppable goal Jennings Trophy, both have 5. Hutton would win out the tiebreaker due to fewer games played and a higher percentage of his actual goals against being stoppable.

Hutton would also be the current leader in my stoppable goals Vezina race.

I don't expect Hutton to win either, as I think he'll be demoted to the backup role before long. That rookie Czech goalie can't be worse than a 36 year old career journeyman backup that has only even been in he league since he was 28.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Friday night’s games

Blackhawks vs Devils: 4 goals against Lankinen, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Bernier, no chance on any.

Canucks vs Flyers: 4 goals against Demko, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Hart, 3 stoppable.

Wild vs Ducks: 1 goal against Talbot and it’s stoppable. 2 goals against Stolarz, no chance on either

So that’s 18 goals scored on goalies, 7 are stoppable. That’s 39% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .911%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this J.T. Miller goal on Carter Hart

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Saturday's games

Coyotes vs Sabres: 1 goal against Vejmelka, no chance. 1 goal against Tokarski and it's stoppable.

Islanders vs Panthers: 5 goals against Sorokin, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Bobrovsky and it's stoppable.

Stars vs Bruins: 2 goals against Holtby, no chance on either. 1 goal against Swayman and it's stoppable.

Senators vs Maple Leafs: 3 goals against Forsberg, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Campbell, no chance.

Rangers vs Canadiens: 1 goal against Shesterkin, no chance. 2 goals against Allen, no chance on either.

Canucks vs Red Wings: 2 goals against Halak, no chance on either. 1 goal against Greiss and it's stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Penguins: 4 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Lankinen in relief, no chance. 2 goals against Jarry, no chance on either.

Lightning vs Capitals: 1 goal against Vasilevskiy and it's stoppable. 2 goals against Vanecek, 1 stoppable.

Kraken vs Blue Jackets: 2 goals against Grubauer, both are stoppable. 1 goal against Merzlikins, no chance.

Hurricanes vs Predators: 2 goals against Andersen, no chance on either. 2 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Avalanche: 3 goals against Binnington, no chance on any. 4 goals against Kuemper, 3 stoppable.

Jets vs Sharks: 4 goals against Hellebuyck, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Hill, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Oilers: 4 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Smith, no chance on either.

Wild vs Kings: 2 goals against Talbot, no chance on either. 3 goals against Quick, no chance on any.

So that's 63 goals scored on goalies, 20 are stoppable. That's 32% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .923%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Drew O'Connor goal on Fleury

It was a bit hard to find a softy of the night out of the 20 goals scored. There were also at least 4 goals where the goalie coughed it up (Tokarski, Sorokin and Hill had the other 3) and it led to a goal scored. I thought Fleury just got manhandled on this one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight's game

Stars vs Senators: 3 goals against Khudobin, no chance on any. 2 goals against Gustavsson, no chance on either.

So that's 5 goals scored on goalies, 0 are stoppable. That's 0% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .918%.

No goals stoppable, so no softy of the night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad