Post-Game Talk: Horrifying Act of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Washington Capitals are extremely disappointed that the New York Rangers were not suspended for their horrifying act of violence tonight at Capital One Arena. The Rangers are a repeat offender with a long history of knocking our shitrag franchise out of the playoffs and we find it shocking that the NHL and their Department of Player Safety failed to take the appropriate action and make calls to get Detroit in the playoffs. The Rangers' dangerous and reckless special teams caused an injury to our fragile egos that will prevent Ovechkin from being factor again for the rest of his career. We view this as a dereliction of duty by the NHL, HFBoards and Moneypuck, and we believe we are unfit to continue losing to this team in the playoffs.
punishing the caps = cap punishment
BUT
that does not nec = a crime!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I understand what Rempe brings to the team I do. But against Carolina it seems criminal not to counter with a skating possession monster in chytil that will actually score. Wennberg cannot.

Just not sure Rempe can skate in that series. It’s going to be fast
They need Chytil for this series. There are no doubts to win 12 more games, he will need to contribute. Game 1 I'm running him. Don't wait. You may not be able to recover sitting him Game 1.

It's the postseason, you don't need a bigger reason to show up. Game 1 and the starting lineup is announced with Chytil, the place explodes. Set the tone.

We haven't even really seen the offensive Adam Fox yet. He did his job this series, he's going to need to be big in R2.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
IMG_2020.jpeg

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So glad we got the sweep.

It helps so much.

I thought Trouba had a great 3rd period.

I still want to see more from the younger guys like Laf, KK & Cuyle.

The whole squad needs to be way better in the next series... but they absolutely got from point A to B exactly how I had hoped.

Good job boys!

Trouba almost gave the game away with a bonehead play in the 3rd period.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I forgot I added sugar to my coffee but didn't stir so after the cream, it wasn't sweet so I added more sugar and then stirred and now all the sugar made it too sweet so now i have to make another cup of coffee and add more cream to balance it out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I thought Roslovic was dynamite tonight. Weaker start to the series but he still got points when they mattered most. Tonight he was a complete stud.

Man Cuylle was also playing great. You love to see a rookie come out and play fearless in the playoffs.

I thought Ros had a really good series all around.

He was especially effective on the forecheck and in the cycle game tonight. Seemed like there were at least 3-4 shifts where he got out there after there was extended pressure in the Ranger DZ and he killed any momentum the Caps had by almost single handedly keeping things in the Caps end. Definatley the more impactful of our deadline pick ups in this series as Wennberg was maybe our worst player (It was him or Lindgren, probably him because at least Lindgren was good in G1.)

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Trouba almost gave the game away with a bonehead play in the 3rd period.
I missed that then... sorry.

I saw him save a clear goal & then patiently hold the puck and make a fantastic outlet that led to the empty net to ice it.

Also made a damn good play in deep to keep the play alive to kill more time.

I give him some credit for playing 3rd pair & still being a leader.

Reactions: Ned Braden

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Still think Wennberg can be much much better and I understand why some feel he isn't that good.
He will have a better second round.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Obviously a lot to clean up but a sweep is a sweep. Even against a weak team it's hard to sweep so that's a great sign. Igor had a great series so no worries there.

Panarin scoring the GWG on the series is the cherry on top coming full circle from the whole Tom Wilson bullshit saga.

Hopefully the Islanders can take a piece out of Carolina while we rest up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad