DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
1700438356978.jpeg

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I know I said I was getting concerned with his ability to stay healthy, but he seems like hes on a good path right now. hes playing much better and has been staying in games *knock on wood*.

Team was playing a lot better in front of him and Dosty. Few bad games recently, allowing a lot of shots but for the most part the goalies have been giving them a chance to win.

As long as we can get back to keeping the shots under 30 a game, we're in good shape.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I know I said I was getting concerned with his ability to stay healthy, but he seems like hes on a good path right now. hes playing much better and has been staying in games *knock on wood*.

Team was playing a lot better in front of him and Dosty. Few bad games recently, allowing a lot of shots but for the most part the goalies have been giving them a chance to win.

As long as we can get back to keeping the shots under 30 a game, we're in good shape.

If we cut down on the penalties, then that would definitely help keep shots under 30 a game.

As of today, (per Natural Stat Trick)

TSH (times short-handed): 1st worst at 82 short-handed opportunities

Shots Against
All situations: 5th worst at 588 Shots Against​
At ES: 12th worst (20th best) at 434 shots against (24.1 SA/game)​
At PK: 1st worst at 139 shots against (7.72 SA/game)​

Reactions: Rybread86

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
My patience has officially reached its end. I buy that he hasn’t publicly requested a trade as has been claimed (we know who), but at this point, it’s clear that he needs (and likely wants) a change of scenery and we’ve finally gotten to the point where it’s actively hurting the franchise to keep him around.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
My patience has officially reached its end. I buy that he hasn’t publicly requested a trade as has been claimed (we know who), but at this point, it’s clear that he needs (and likely wants) a change of scenery and we’ve finally gotten to the point where it’s actively hurting the franchise to keep him around.
Buyout is the only solution at this point. His summer trade value is negative.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Just wave him. He either gets claimed or plays in the AHL until his attitude changes

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Buyout is the only solution at this point. His summer trade value is negative.
I find it hard to believe somebody wouldn’t take him at 50% retention. I was thinking Verbeek could hit up his old boss and maybe work a Husso+ for Gibson w/ retention deal.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I find it hard to believe somebody wouldn’t take him at 50% retention. I was thinking Verbeek could hit up his old boss and maybe work a Husso+ for Gibson w/ retention deal.
Even at 50% he would be a real risk for any team acquiring him. He is playing significantly worse than Dostal and every team in the NHL knows it.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
He’s got nothing left. Either intentionally or he’s physically spent he moves like an old man.

I don’t think anyone would take him.

If I understand the rules we will have to pay 2/3 of his $19.2m contract spread over twice the term. So $2.1m for 6 years.

Going to hurt when the kids need to get paid.

John

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
He stinks. Dostal is the guy next year. Find any way possible to get rid of Gibson and sign an experienced backup that can handle like 30-50% of the workload as needed.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
3.2m a year for a goaltender who is sub .900 in the last 5 seasons and has basically been unable to outperform a back up in that same time frame (apart from an over the hill Miller 4 years ago) is a pretty big risk for a team.

Also Gibson has noticeably slowed down in net the last couple of years, he reminds me of Miller in his last couple of seasons almost. Not a good sign.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think there's a trade out there to be made, there are other struggling goalies with notable cap hits in the league, guys who are having bad years on much better teams.

Husso as mentioned above and previously, one year left at 4.75M and he's be wildly disappointing for the Wings. Gibson is far more proven despite recent struggles, I could see that one happening without huge retention or a lot of moving parts honestly. Three years of Gibson may be seen as less risky than wading into that semi proven goalie market where you may end up with the next Jack Campbell for 5 years.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The only real hope at this point is that Gibson can get fully healthy (physically AND mentally) and begin to play better as the team itself improves. If PV can move him in the next year he should be given GM of the decade award.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad