Injury Report: Kase out for the season

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
There really is no point to firing Carlyle now. Just let him nosedive us as far as possible and start over in June

Yep. @dracom posted it in the main injury thread, but I wouldn't bring back Perry at this point. Give him the extra couple months off and the entire offseason to fully recover and make a run at it next year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Getting annoyed at this injury prone f***. Really good player but i kinda wish we’d trade him (obviously return would have to be good). He’s becoming Eaves like. Concussion injury is scary, but the fact that he got hurt that bad on that play is ludicrous.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I am really curious how they are going to handle the end of this season.

murrays vote of confidence to Carlyle told me all I needed. He’s making small adjustments to please the owners to show he’s doing something. Reality is he knows this season is done. Doesn’t want to fire his buddy. He’s already got his replacement locked up to a cheap deal (Eakins), and he’ll promote Randy. I really wish I wouldn’t have bought center ice this year. Waste of f***ing money.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I am really curious how they are going to handle the end of this season.
They'll continue to play the same awful brand of hockey they've played all year. The hope is that BM communicates to RC that he needs to stop playing Gibson every single game. Silfverberg will be moved if he can get healthy

Then they will draft in the top 10 in June

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Getting annoyed at this injury prone ****. Really good player but i kinda wish we’d trade him (obviously return would have to be good). He’s becoming Eaves like. Concussion injury is scary, but the fact that he got hurt that bad on that play is ludicrous.
+1 before he turns into another cam made of glass Fowler

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Kase is like the next Ales Hemsky. So talented but always out of the lineup for one reason or another. I really hope he can overcome being injury prone early in his career. He seemed to be just starting to make a name for himself league wide this season too so its a shame.

How much of this falls on Carlyle for having him take draws? I've never heard of a guy tearing a labrum on a faceoff so you have to wonder if he was comfortable doing so.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
So what's the best way to tank? I'm thinking you play Gibson for home games so you don't get blown out in front of your own fans but then on the road you just openly try to lose so you play Johnson and put Getzlaf on the point on the power play.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So what's the best way to tank? I'm thinking you play Gibson for home games so you don't get blown out in front of your own fans but then on the road you just openly try to lose so you play Johnson and put Getzlaf on the point on the power play.
Staying the course.

Reactions: Not So Mighty
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Kase's not much of a difference maker this year. This isn't really a drastic change for people to be freaking out over the season. Trajectory does not change. If you want to freak out about something, do it about his future.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So is anyone not on board with the tank now? Because if there was any hope of making the playoffs yesterday, it basically just went out the window

I’m not. Tanking is instilling a losers mentality in the dressing room and more often than not results in failure.

Losing Kase sucks but we still have a team talented enough to compete under a decent coach. f*** tanking when we could just fire Carlyle and make a run at the playoffs, I have no doubt we get in under a new voice as long as they’re somewhat competent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad