• Igor "Rempe"

Votes: 33 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
And really, like, who cares if they run Washington out in 5 games? They are a pretender.

This team isn't supposed to be satisfied winning a round. Let's look like we are primed to beat Carolina and then one of Boston/Florida/Tampa/Toronto.

Step 1 down, so far so good, but I agree, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I think it's moreso that the Rangers always seem to let a series go at least 6 games, if not, the full distance of 7. It'd be nice for them to win a series in 4-5 games for a change, lol.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm sure there is a segment of fans who fit that mold, but I wouldn't paint everyone with that brush. There are people who loved, and still love, Avery. I hated him then and I still hate him now. He was an embarrassment to this organization.

Rempe is just a likeable kid and most of us don't want to see him go over the line. I don't even care about the fighting. It's entertaining to a point, but I'd rather he just grind on the 4th line, lay some big, clean hits, and chip in the occasional goal. I'm about winning, and him wearing down the defense and cycling the puck on the forecheck will do more to help us win than a million fights.
Full concur, except I want to be open minded about not pigeon holing this kid to a 4th line career.
There is a balance between not prematurely giving the kid something he does not yet deserve
vs
Making sure he has full, possibly even early opportunity to surprise us, or at least have earlier as opposed to later trajectory to advance

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think it's moreso that the Rangers always seem to let a series go at least 6 games, if not, the full distance of 7. It'd be nice for them to win a series in 4-5 games for a change, lol.
Have been harping on this for years.

It's impossible (or at least EXTREMELY difficult) to stay healthy going 7 games every series.

They need to end this fast & prep for the next rd.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
That shot of the Caps bench at the end of the game - I’ve never seen a hockey team look more dejected after a game one in my life.

This is a very f*cking good hockey team.

I thought that entire line looked great. Wennberg looked noticeably faster and Cuyle didn't look overwhelmed in his first PO game and had some great shifts. Wish Kakko would have buried that shot, it was a missile.

He had Lindgren 100% beat. Great shot right off the post

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I thought that entire line looked great. Wennberg looked noticeably faster and Cuyle didn't look overwhelmed in his first PO game and had some great shifts. Wish Kakko would have buried that shot, it was a missile.
I agree that the line was great, not only Kakko. The trio worked the forecheck really well. Cuylle took a penalty but otherwise was stout and in the Caps' faces.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
not sure why but the game felt surreal to me, like it wasn't a playoff game but just another regular season one. could be because of how the refs were calling in, but we were in control the entire time which was awesome to see. Panarin playing very well.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
in terms of xGF, the Trocheck line, Wennberg line, Goodrow line, and Fox Pair were all at least 58% or better.

Top on the night was Kakko, who finished at 93.75%.
It would've been so nice if he scored on that two-on-one. Kid needs a break. On another note, how were there so many people that thought a strong forecheck, shoulder to shoulder hit was boarding by Lafreniere? He literally drilled him in the shoulder. Holy **** these people are a joke.

Reactions: bhamill and tiggles

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Will the Rempe haters please take a seat and eat some crow.
Not really surprising that he should be the first to score. Always happens come PO time. 3rd and 4th lines seem to be the difference makers. Would've liked that 4-0 lead, surely enough they make it 3-1 and all of a sudden it's a potential 1 goal game with their PP opp, This is why our PK is instrumental to our winning ways.
Squelch it before it becomes a game. We played so so, enough to win and no injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad