LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024 draft)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Reactions: grentthealien

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Elite Prospects - Most Popular Player Pages

Very interesting classification which makes it possible to recall the hypes.

It is an indicator of popularity.

Anyway, if you've forgotten the huge hype around Hughes, allow me to question the effectiveness of your memory.
Interesting metric to look at. A few names on that list that I'd forgotten -- showing the utter worthlessness of hype -- and a few names I didn't even recognize.

Reactions: grentthealien

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It is wrong to bury Jack Hughes already. Or else an oversight.

Either way, you won't forget the phenomenal hype that was around this player. He was the player who had the biggest hype since Connor McDavid. Even more than Auston Matthews.

The number of views on eliteprospect reveals this hype very well.

I wasn’t burying Hughes. I never regarded him at the level of Matthews/Eichel. Go back and look at my posts, if you think I’m burying him in hindsight of his weak rookie season.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Stats update: 106 points in 36 games now. 68 goals and 38 assists. I’d love to see clips of his game, hope he can’t turn out to be a truly elite prospect, but it’s still too early.

his teammate Aidan Park is right behind him with 102 points (albeit it with 26 less goals and more assists). Could be a result of playing with eiserman or both of them inflating each other.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Stats update: 106 points in 36 games now. 68 goals and 38 assists. I’d love to see clips of his game, hope he can’t turn out to be a truly elite prospect, but it’s still too early.
Really impossible to read off of stats. He's 14 playing in a 14 and under league, and who knows what level of competition they are playing in a covid year. In MacKinnon's year they used to play AAA programs in places like Alaska and California. A name to keep an eye on, but I have no idea what to draw from those numbers even when looking at previous kids.

Al48

Apr 23, 2020

his teammate Aidan Park is right behind him with 102 points (albeit it with 26 less goals and more assists). Could be a result of playing with eiserman or both of them inflating each other.
Aidan is a really amazing player at all parts of the game. You can put him out on a PK as quickly as you could on the PP. He played 14U last season and was selected to the John Reid tournament All-Star team while playing up. I'll make no comparisons to Eiserman. I think the stats read for themselves as to what's happening. Of note is he's Richard Park's nephew.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax

ICYMI: There's this one from Wagon Hockey -- and this one from TSA Athletic Consulting.

Eiserman wears #19.

Reactions: JiggsNY

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I don't think so, but what would be the downside?
I'm not saying there would be a downside, but I am wondering if it's even possible.

Your suggestion got me curious and so I looked at some of the best American prospects of recent years to see what they did as 15yo. Jack Eichel captained the Boston Junior Bruins and Matthews played 16U with Arizona Bobcats.

With Eiserman, he has some options even simply by staying at Shattuck. He could move up to 16U or even play 18U Prep like Crosby did at 15. Is playing in the USHL still an option, or did the league do away with allowing 15-year-olds? For those who are curious, here's a breakdown of 15yo in USHL.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'm not saying there would be a downside, but I am wondering if it's even possible.

Your suggestion got me curious and so I looked at some of the best American prospects of recent years to see what they did as 15yo. Jack Eichel captained the Boston Junior Bruins and Matthews played 16U with Arizona Bobcats.

With Eiserman, he has some options even simply by staying at Shattuck. He could move up to 16U or even play 18U Prep like Crosby did at 15. Is playing in the USHL still an option, or did the league do away with allowing 15-year-olds? For those who are curious, here's a breakdown of 15yo in USHL.

He'd have to be granted an exception by USAH and the USHL to play in the league as a 15 year old. This is a somewhat new policy because the USHL teams had started to add too many 15 year olds to their rosters in an attempt to get ahead of the NTDP recruiting, who's had their underager policy in place longer. Too many run-of-the-mill 15 year olds started to get traction in the USHL when it should be reserved for exceptional players.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Is this your own terminology? There's nothing on the internet about this.
As far as I know, yes. I'm trying to get something started.
It seems to me that scoring five goals deserves a special nickname -- especially when you do it in a championship game or in a semifinal game as Richard did.

Reactions: JiggsNY

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Interesting metric to look at. A few names on that list that I'd forgotten -- showing the utter worthlessness of hype -- and a few names I didn't even recognize.

Absolutely, Ryan Lasch wasn't really on the level with Pasta and Stamkos was he?

Heck I've never heard of him.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad