Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So are y'all pretty convinced the organization could convince Marner into waiving his NMC?

I just watched a few more of the rounds of the media on youtube and Mitch is taking quite the thrashing, seems like this fanbase is starting to turn on him seriously.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
So are y'all pretty convinced the organization could convince Marner into waiving his NMC?

I just watched a few more of the rounds of the media on youtube and Mitch is taking quite the thrashing, seems like this fanbase is starting to turn on him seriously.

Any links?

Tia

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Well then you may just get it and someone will offer him 9 for sure.

Why would he do that. More likely just play out the year and see what he could get as a free agent
Anyone that pays him 9 can enjoy his timidness in the games that matter

Reactions: ToneDog

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Hardly over. Hopefully in Toronto but there's little chance someone won't sign him
Unless MM goes to a new team in the summer and plays lights out all season AND then does it again in the playoffs...I doubt any serious contending team is going to pay him even what he is getting now. The only teams that will pay stupid prices for Mitch are going to be the rebuilding teams that need to sell some sizzle during the regular season.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Unless MM goes to a new team in the summer and plays lights out all season AND then does it again in the playoffs...I doubt any serious contending team is going to pay him even what he is getting now. The only teams that will pay stupid prices for Mitch are going to be the rebuilding teams that need to sell some sizzle during the regular season.
Agreed.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
that is the selling point of Tree. Tell him sorry we are not resigning you so you can move to a few locations of our choice where you will get a huge deal and less pressure.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I'm very interested to see what his cap hit will be on his next contract, whether it's here or somewhere else. Other teams aren't blind, there's a chance his AAV is less than where it's at now.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm very interested to see what his cap hit will be on his next contract, whether it's here or somewhere else. Other teams aren't blind, there's a chance his AAV is less than where it's at now.
Marner won't play unless he gets what he wants - and, my guess, he wants a raise.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So... Reading lips, what did Nylander say to Marner?

It looks like, "Stop f-ing crying, this is not junior".

Does anyone know who Matthews was yelling at and what he said?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Marner won't play unless he gets what he wants - and, my guess, he wants a raise.
He probably gets that AAV raise over 4 years, but does he get a substantial raise over an 8 year term?

I have a gut feeling he asks for the Matthews contracts and settles somewhere around 12.5m, I just hope the organization doesn't even entertain an extension. Marner's not getting better at 32, he would be wise to accept a trade and secure himself max term.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He probably gets that AAV raise over 4 years, but does he get a substantial raise over an 8 year term?

I have a gut feeling he asks for the Matthews contracts and settles somewhere around 12.5m, I just hope the organization doesn't even entertain an extension. Marner's not getting better at 32, he would be wise to accept a trade and secure himself max term.
Settles at $12.5.? WOW! I wouldn't give him north of $10M/yr - and, yes, I know he will sit out rather than sign for that amount.

Reactions: saffronleaf

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
They can’t let him go for nothing.
Remember that Matthews and Nylander will be the only remaining offensive options.
There’s nothing else.
So the trick is to convince him to waive.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think we'll know quickly whether the Leafs are ready for change or not if Shanahan is fired or not. If Shanahan is back then the joke still hasn't reached the punchline.
Lose on Tuesday and it has to be 100% certain that Shanny, Treliving and Keefe are all fired. The new management team will then decide what to do with the core.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Lose on Tuesday and it has to be 100% certain that Shanny, Treliving and Keefe are all fired. The new management team will then decide what to do with the core.
You know should have a say, the $750 per ticket guy, the $18 beer guy, the $200 sweater guy.
Mitchy is an embarrassment to the sweater, the crest. Many many others have failed. None with his talent have turtled, whined, cried like him. He insults the players who have worn this sweater with pride.
He is the poster child for Inge Hamerstrom egg breakers.
Skilled smaller players must play at full speed not half speed.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Would be nice if they find replacements asap so we don’t get another year or “he didn’t have enough time to do anything, can’t judge yet” so we have to just run it back with a couple minor UFA shuffles again.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
They can’t let him go for nothing.
Remember that Matthews and Nylander will be the only remaining offensive options.
There’s nothing else.
So the trick is to convince him to waive.
If they wanted to trade Marner for assets, Shanahan should have traded him years ago.

As for offensive weapons, there is free agency to go along with a couple of young players.

Knies McDavid Nylander
Bertuzzi Matthews Cowan

• Haha
Reactions: TheOne

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Mitch settling for McDavid and Mackinnon AAV's... maybe he can get that in Columbus where offensive careers go to die.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Regular season sizzle is great. Regular season is 7 months long, that is a long time to watch games and not have any sizzle. I’ve had a lot of feel good days over the 7 months because of sizzle.

Keep in mind I only can speak for myself and I do realize many don’t give a crap about the regular season. If I had the attitude regular season is some kind of farce I wouldn’t watch it. So I’m really at a loss for an explanation of why things are like they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark