Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In terms of guys tracking roughly for being possible 1st round/early 2nd round picks right now (some for sure, some with a chance but might end up in 3rd or even lower if dont develop)... in terms of position and not order.

48 players here...

Clear top 10:

Macklin Celebrini (C)
Berkly Catton (C)

Ivan Demidov (RW)
Konsta Helenius (RW)

Cole Eiserman (LW)

Artyom Levshunov (RD)
Henry Mews (RD)

Aron Kiviharju (LD)

The rest:

Mac Swanson (C)
Sacha Boisvert (C)
Michael Hage (C)
Trevor Connelly (C)
Simon Zether (C)
Alexander Zetterberg (C)
Lucas Pettersson (C)
Tuomas Suoniemi (C)

Maxim Massé (RW)
Ryder Ritchie (RW)
Beckett Sennecke (RW)
Topias Hynninen (RW)
Michael Brandsegg-Nygård (RW)
Karl Sterner (RW)
Justin Poirier (RW)
Liam Greentree (RW)

Igor Chernyshov (LW)
Andrew Basha (LW)
Gavin Hodnett (LW)
Oskar Vuollet (LW)
Emil Hemming (LW)
Hugo Zetterlund (LW)
Viggo Nordlund (LW)
Tanner Howe (LW)
Roope Vesterinen (LW)

Sam Dickinson (LD)
Veeti Väisänen (LD)
Cole Hutson (LD)
Zeev Buium (LD)
Niilopekka Muhonen (LD)
Stian Solberg (LD)
Matthew Virgilio (LD)
Will Skahan (LD)

Zayne Parekh (RD)
Adam Jiricek (RD)
Carter Yakemchuk (RD)
Anthony Cristoforo (RD
Dominik Badinka (RD)
Ben Danford (RD)
Jakub Chromiak (RD)

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Another chance to draft a Hutson this year.

The Flyers have enough roadkill offensive weapons on the backend, thank you very much. Did you even watch Vegas? Maybe if he sneaks to the 3rd round.

I didn't watch as much Lane as you and LilDigit did, and they play identically, but I sorta wonder if Cole isn't a smidge better. Maybe not.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The Flyers have enough roadkill offensive weapons on the backend, thank you very much. Did you even watch Vegas?

I didn't watch as much Lane as you and LilDigit did, and they play identically, but I sorta wonder if Cole isn't a smidge better.

At least Levshunov and Mews are in the mix and both righty D with #1 upside who are 6'2 and 6'0. Can imagine the Flyers falling in love with one of them and having pick ~#5 or so... where if they develop at rate have so far would be pretty good picks.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Swanson’s the headliner. He’s smol & it got overshadowed by what Celebrini did this year in the USHL but Swanson himself had a top 5 U17 season from a production standpoint as well.

On second look, Trevor Connelly had a pretty above average U17 season in the USHL as well even if it’s not in that rarefied territory like Swanson.

Not a lot CHL guys for this birth year to this point. A lot of these guys played prep last year primarily. So hard to really glean where they could potentially stand from that standpoint.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
THW have already put up their early rankings. here's their current top 10.

1. Macklin Celebrini, C, Boston University (NCAA)​

2. Cole Eiserman, LW, USA U18 (NTDP)​

3. Artyom Levshunov, RD, Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)​

4. Ivan Demidov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)​

5. Konsta Helenius, RW, Jukurit (Liiga)​

6. Berkly Catton, C, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)​

7. Aron Kiviharju, LD, TPS (Liiga)​

8. Cole Hutson, LD, USA U18 (NTDP)​

9. Henry Mews, RD, Ottawa 67’s (OHL)​

10. Tanner Howe, C/W, Regina Pats (WHL)​

2024 NHL Draft Rankings: Horn's Super Early Top 16

if we end up again in that 5-7 range, Catton or Kiviharju/Mews could be potential picks.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This is a make or break draft for this rebuild. Top 5 pick is a must...so the tank needs to be on.

Gotta try n scoop up 1sts well before draft season bc we saw how stingey teams are with them.

Id ideally like 1 top 5, 2 top 10, 3 top 20 picks. Florida could end up in 15-20 range...and we should finish bottom 5. Trick is getting that other high 1st.

Tank tank tank!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It kills me that Demidov is a RW. Just f***ing kills me. So frustrating.

I think there is an outside chance that he could be moved back to C... has the skillset for it. Were I an NHL team I would consider it.

if Gauthier can do it Demidov can... and Demidov actually played C for the national team and SKA in MHL too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think there is an outside chance that he could be moved back to C... has the skillset for it. Were I an NHL team I would consider it.

if Gauthier can do it Demidov can... and Demidov actually played C for the national team and SKA in MHL too.

This is what I like to hear. I was blown out of the water by his Youtubes.

Dark One

Aug 14, 2009
If we end up again in that 5-7 range

I see the Flyers as being worse this season, with teams like Chicago, Columbus, Montreal, Detroit, Washington all being varying degrees of better. Arizona/Anaheim/San Jose probably still awful, but I could easily see the Flyers being a bottom 3 team for sure.

Last edited:

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I am personally all in on demidov for what it's worth, dude is an animal, sick hands and passing skills, plays rw and center both very effectively, having him centering a line between Gauthier and michkov would be amazing

At least Levshunov and Mews are in the mix and both righty D with #1 upside who are 6'2 and 6'0. Can imagine the Flyers falling in love with one of them and having pick ~#5 or so... where if they develop at rate have so far would be pretty good picks.
I'm personally much higher on mews for what it's worth lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad