Official Coyotes 2023-24 Season Discussion (Poll Included)

How many points will the Coyotes get this season???

• 100+

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 90-99

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • 80-89

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • 70-79

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Less than 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think Soderstrom's trajectory is something like Durzi's, though we don't really need 2 D-men playing that style game. But Soda's still on his ELC and his bridge won't be expensive. Durzi's 25 and Soda's 22 1/2. At the same age, Durzi had never played a game in the NHL. There's still some development time for Soda and no pressure to move him.

I think he gets around 40 games with spot duty and a full time callup after the trade deadline if we're sellers.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'd like to package Soderstrom with a pick for an upgrade on Dermott/Brown/Stecher. Adding an additional D with top 4 capabilities would go a long way in helping this team be competitive, especially given our lack of a #1/#2 blue liners.
I think this team would do well with 3 pairings that would be the equivalent of 3 2nd pairs. The only team that would make sense to deal with is the blue jackets, but who from them would make sense? Jake Bean? Could Provorov be available later in the season? Did Werenski just get hurt?

Reactions: YotesFan47

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I think Soderstrom's trajectory is something like Durzi's, though we don't really need 2 D-men playing that style game. But Soda's still on his ELC and his bridge won't be expensive. Durzi's 25 and Soda's 22 1/2. At the same age, Durzi had never played a game in the NHL. There's still some development time for Soda and no pressure to move him.

I think he gets around 40 games with spot duty and a full time callup after the trade deadline if we're sellers.
I can agree to a timeline but I'd project Soda more like Gologoski. Not big but makes good choices with the puck and can do it in both ends of the ice. I think Durzi is more suited for the offensive zone

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

I don't know if Soderstrom will actually ever be anything better than Durzi is right now. We've got Szuber coming, we've got Simashev & Lamoureux coming...I don't think I want another sub 6' footer manning the blue line. Just package him with an asset to get someone good.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't know if Soderstrom will actually ever be anything better than Durzi is right now.
There’s no chance he is, I don’t think. That would be the epic turnaround of all epic turnarounds. Maybe it happens but would be the longest of shots.

Soderstrom has no trade value at this point so it’s worth just hanging on to him to see what he can become.
Agree. Maybe he can have a good year in Tucson and we’ll finally have something we can build upon.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I think this is bang on.

His development curve isn’t too unlike Hayton where it has been disrupted by the pandemic and injuries and other things. He just needs to play a good long stretch of games.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
soderstrom will be gone. He isn't Armstrongs type of player. BA wants a big back end who can battle in the playoffs. The yotes already got enough short D-men.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
soderstrom will be gone. He isn't Armstrongs type of player. BA wants a big back end who can battle in the playoffs. The yotes already got enough short D-men.
As a Jets / Coyotes fan it makes sense to swap Soderstrom for big Logan Stanley. BA will love Stanley's size. Jets get a RHD prospect that plays a sound game.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Stanley can’t play on a pair with Brown and probably isn’t good enough to be a clear upgrade on either Dermott or Stecher.
Didn't Heinola ask to be traded last season? Too bad he is currently injured, they both are on their last season with waiver exemption.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Stanley can’t play on a pair with Brown and probably isn’t good enough to be a clear upgrade on either Dermott or Stecher.
But he is really big.

This is strictly an out if Soderstrom has fallen out of favour. I am v disappointed he could not beat out Stetcher or Brown. Maybe @lanky is right and his time is next year.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m looking at the season in 4 game groups

Games 1-4 - want at least 3, hopefully 4 or more points - CHECK+

Games 5-8 (Anaheim, at LA, LA, Chicago) - want 5, hopefully 6 or more

Games 9-12 (at Anaheim, Montreal, Winnipeg, Seattle) - want 5, hopefully 6 or more

Games 13-16 (at STL, at BNA, at Dal, at CBJ) - want 3, hopefully 4 more

Games 17-20 (at Wpg, LA, STL, at VGK) - want 3, hopefully 4 or more

20 games, slightly under a quarter season, want 20 points, hopefully 24 or more.

Given the Coyotes are a notoriously slow starting team, with schedule a big factor including this year with 12 of first 20 on the road, hitting the quarter at a point per game is a solid goal.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Ok, can anyone ever remember when we actually were the top 5 in this category?

1697824517480.png

must say we need to increase our 5on5 scoring capability, because when the PP goes south (as we saw it during Ranger/Islander game), we need to be able to generate offense 5on5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad