OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Whatever, we knew the Capitals were a joke after game 82. Can't say I have any interest in the Rags v Canes at all, hope the West wins the Cup at this rate. Hopefully EDM/LAK is really good to get rid of the 2 hours I just watched on that awful hockey by Washington lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe I am just a hater but that series may do harm to the Rags. We all knew they would trounce the caps but that wasn’t playoff hockey. It was a noticeable step down in pace and intensity from all of the other series
Well by the same token the Rangers usually make every series into the hardest version possible so actually getting one over with early can't hurt. Especially assuming Carolina actually gets theirs over with in short order anyway.

Like that one Tweet a few weeks ago said, the Caps basically made the playoffs against their own will, so I'm not at all surprised they went out like they did. I was hoping Wilson would at least take Panarin out but they couldn't even do that.
Seriously, the freaking Thrashers put up more of a fight in their sweep when they had Lehtonen and Hedberg alternating games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

'Preds fans' are jumping the shark in the other direction from Devils fans re: Brunette if they actually think this. Part of me just thinks Wysh is just projecting and even more salty than I am over Devils fans making this guy into Lemaire circa 1994-95.

Nashville is what they've been for the better part of two decades, a mediocre team that gets propped up into a playoff team by coaching, defense, goaltending and structure. It's alternately why you guys were nuts for making his coaching job out to be so great in the regular season and why Preds fans would be nuts to make his coaching job out to be the reason they're losing now.

I actually thought they'd win this series even before Vancouver started losing goalies. The fact they can't even beat a mediocre Vancouver team on its third goalie is a talent issue, not a coaching issue. Hell Saros is the guy they should be pointing the finger at, he's been there for more of their playoff failures than Brunette and the guy who Trotz wants half our team for is getting outgoalied by guys the Canucks are pulling out of the stands.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
10 oil shots with 15 to go

while i'm out of hard booze
IMG_4350.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Predators aren’t very good.

Clearly not a very talented team. I’m not sure why people are blaming Brunette. They’re an extremely mediocre team. Such a mediocre team that I wasn’t even blaming John Hynes for them sucking last year. And I can’t stand John Hynes and I don’t think he’s good at all. That roster is basically the Capitals on nitrous. I could have easily seen them finishing 12 points behind where they did, like right where Minnesota finished. I wouldn’t have even been shocked if they finished with as many points as we did. Or with as few points, I should say.

Not a good team. I did think they’d beat Vancouver in 7. And they really have good reason with all the goalie injuries, but I’m not sure they pull this off after losing a game they had won today.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Nyquist goal on Silovs was hilariously soft. Like the definition of soft.

It looked like when a parent is playing catch with their young child and is telling them “okay, here it comes. I’m getting ready. It’s coming. Get your glove ready, here it is!” And the kid just misses the easiest catch.

Stoppable goal doesn’t even explain that. It was more like a “how didn’t you stop that?” Goal. It wasn’t even a good shot. That was a “the sun got in my eyes” goal.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That Nyquist goal on Silovs was hilariously soft. Like the definition of soft.

It looked like when a parent is playing catch with their young child and is telling them “okay, here it comes. I’m getting ready. It’s coming. Get your glove ready, here it is!” And the kid just misses the easiest catch.

Stoppable goal doesn’t even explain that. It was more like a “how didn’t you stop that?” Goal. It wasn’t even a good shot. That was a “the sun got in my eyes” goal.

You’re complaining about the Canucks (current) 3rd goalie, who’s played 9 NHL games over two years and turned 23 a week ago.

He is a kid.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t even think the Capitals are gutless. I think they just suck. I’ve been saying it all year long.

I don’t know what their cap situation is like for next year. I’d have to assume the Backstrom money will be used elsewhere. While they could easily be the bottom 5-6 team they should have been this past year, they’ll probably still be annoying enough to hang around the bubble if they use some of the freed up Backstrom and Mantha money. I’m sure they’ll blow it on something to help make the team competitive and “Go for it” again or “Get Ovechkin one more” just like they did with Kuemper. And maybe that guy will be useless by year two. Like Kuemper was by year two.

I think their days are long over. They haven’t even won a series since the 2018 cup finals. But I could unfortunately see them being a better team on paper next year than they were this year, when they use some of the freed up money.

The prediction for them getting swept was so easy that it’s almost surprising they didn’t win a game just because the sweep was such an easy prediction. Those predictions were in no way exaggerated.

Last edited:

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Maybe I am just a hater but that series may do harm to the Rags. We all knew they would trounce the caps but that wasn’t playoff hockey. It was a noticeable step down in pace and intensity from all of the other series
I remember a stat from a year or two that teams that swept actually had the lowest winrate in their next series. Quick check and over the past 30 years teams who sweep are 25-28 in their next round. Also, a friend of mine who is a Rags fan feels the same way and doesn't think they've played at near their best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad