Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
When do you think we might see another signing or two and what do you think we might look for in this import draft?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
When do you think we might see another signing or two and what do you think we might look for in this import draft?
I think in the Import Draft the Petes will likely take the best player available that will come to Peterborough. I think the needs are at centre, right winger and defence. They have enough left wingers.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I think in the Import Draft the Petes will likely take the best player available that will come to Peterborough. I think the needs are at centre, right winger and defence. They have enough left wingers.
BPA for sure. Wouldn’t even rule out a goaltender

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I hear he will be in Chicago at least to start, next season.

Interesting....I'm really wondering if Chicago's two tender signings will both show. If Hage really is playing for the Steel this fall then I wonder which of the two tenders defected to the OHL?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Interesting....I'm really wondering if Chicago's two tender signings will both show. If Hage really is playing for the Steel this fall then I wonder which of the two tenders defected to the OHL?
I’m confused are they only allowed 2 ohl tenders?

I searched it up and 2 players they have tendered right now are croskery and Valentini. If there only allowed 2 tenders you’d have to think they keep those 2

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I searched it up and 2 players they have tendered right now are croskery and Valentini. If there only allowed 2 tenders you’d have to think they keep those 2
Hague was a Chicago steel draft pick

Corso

Aug 13, 2018

They are allowed only two tenders and they can draft 16 year olds in the Future's draft but most teams only have one or two 16 year olds play with them through out the season. It would be rare for Valentini, Croskery and Hage to all start the season in Chicago so I am speculating that if Hage was told they had a spot for him then one of the tenders must be planning to defect to the OHL. My guess would be Valentini.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Hague was a Chicago steel draft pick
Yes I know but I was saying was if they’re only allowed 2.

At the draft croskery was easily a top 2 d man in the draft according to most and Valentini was easily a top 3 player in the draft.

Wouldn’t it make sense to keep them over Hage if they can only keep 2. I have no idea how the ushl works so I was just asking about it.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't think Chicago would purposely take Hage over them... I think the implication was the if one of them was choosing a different league then Chicago might have room for Hage.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yes I know but I was saying was if they’re only allowed 2.

At the draft croskery was easily a top 2 d man in the draft according to most and Valentini was easily a top 3 player in the draft.

Wouldn’t it make sense to keep them over Hage if they can only keep 2. I have no idea how the ushl works so I was just asking about it.
I believe USHL teams can roster 4 non-US players, plus an additional 2 Canadians that to not count against the limit

Reactions: frontsfan67

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
He's a late USHL pick we took a flyer didn't work out move on
I think it is premature to close the door on him signing with the Petes. First I don’t think he has signed with his USHL team so he could still show up at training camp and decide the OHL is the best option for him. The more likely scenario is him signing with the Petes in a year or two particularly if he is drafted into the NHL and they think playing OHL hockey is best for his development.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think it is premature to close the door on him signing with the Petes. First I don’t think he has signed with his USHL team so he could still show up at training camp and decide the OHL is the best option for him. The more likely scenario is him signing with the Petes in a year or two particularly if he is drafted into the NHL and they think playing OHL hockey is best for his development.
you think hes an nhl draft pick? the nhl is about hard skill not small soft skill.

I don't think Chicago would purposely take Hage over them... I think the implication was the if one of them was choosing a different league then Chicago might have room for Hage.
if chicago thought hage was a ushl player, they would have just tendered him. hage wants to be there desperately, but hes not ready.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
do you think I just make stuff up for fun? I’ve been told he won’t play for the Petes next season. It’s very likely Chicago or for a prep school before making the jump to Chicago the following season.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
My guess is he came the development camp because he knew he would get media attention and him and his brother seem like the type to just grab any bit of attention they can get since his brother did the same with Kitchener. I assume the Petes took a flyer because they hoped the connection with Taylor might give them a shot.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
My guess is he came the development camp because he knew he would get media attention and him and his brother seem like the type to just grab any bit of attention they can get since his brother did the same with Kitchener. I assume the Petes took a flyer because they hoped the connection with Taylor might give them a shot.
Exactly. When was the last time the Petes took a flyer in the mid to later rounds and it worked out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad