GDT: Round 1 Game 4 Playoffs: Jets @ Avs Apr 28, 2024 – 1:30 PM CT. TV: CBC; Radio: 680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
War room has more cameras that arent given to the broadcasters until after a call is made

I actually did not know til last week that they never show replays during the review at the game either, at least the Isles arena did not. There was 2 or 3 reviews in their final game vs the Pens last week and they did not show any of the replays on the board during the Toronto review process. I had no idea since I remarkably had never been to a game before where a review was needed

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
It's just such trash, can't stand the offside challenge
sentiment still stands, but its not the fault of anyone other than the NHL
"After review it was determined that I will still watch this hockey game, therefore the call on the ice stands that I'm merely a grumbly curmudgeon"

If they could just sprinkle in some common sense and make this less frequent
and apply some rules to LTIR/postseason, I know we could do better

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
Real time I felt it was offsides I recall thinking it but then just did not remember immediately after the goal. Officials miss more of these than they should, its just that goals are rare enough most do not result in an issue. Last night Vegas had 2-3 entires that were very offside but no goal resulted
That's why I hate these marginal offside challenges. Every single time I see a remotely close zone entry, I just can't get excited because I know there is a chance it will get get challenged and called back if a goal is scored,

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That's why I hate these marginal offside challenges. Every single time I see a remotely close zone entry, I just can't get excited because I know there is a chance it will get get challenged and called back if a goal is scored,

I suspect we see a change at some stage where if the goal is not off the initial entry it will count anyway, we had one this year overturned after 37 seconds in the zone where the defending team had 2 or 3 chances to clear and failed. That was when most of the analysts sort of said enough with this, there needs to be further stipulations

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What a save by Georgiev right near the end there.

That was honestly more of a lazy attempt by whoever shot that on Winnipeg. He had time to probably at least think about picking a spot or doing something else and he just smashed a slapper right into his pad. I think he was not sure how much time remained knowing it was inside the final minute

Reactions: Summer Rose

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
This was called onside
1714331949671.png

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What button do you mash to stop that evolution?

Tavares is just an overpaid Raichu.
Just gotta keep the bland stone away from Monahan.

If you make Monahan hold it he evolves into Tavares. You get a higher cap hit, but a better regular season.

To get a Monahan, you need to give a wild Jake Evans the bland stone.

If you have all 3 in the same room, I heard their personalities are so bland they're more effective to put people to sleep than Jigglypuff's singing.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad