• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I really hope we see that winning streak type D, stingy and keeping shots to the outside. Make Stu look like a Vezina goalie and allow him to not get exhausted facing grade A chances all game.

The offense can take care of the rest.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015

Put Brown in over Janmark and I think they are set. They could swap Henrique and Kane in-game depending on the situation.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
who did Ekholm play with in Nashville?
He played with PK Subban quite a bit. Alex Carriere and Dante Fabbro as well. The two seasons before he was moved to Edmonton his ice time and TOI against elites was also reduced. You can look at his underlying metrics and even say he wasn't the player he once was. Moving to Edmonton- he is playing better than he ever has and is hitting career highs in both underlying metrics as well as counting numbers like +/-, points, etc.

Put Brown in over Janmark and I think they are set. They could swap Henrique and Kane in-game depending on the situation.

Janmark is very good at shot suppression though. I just heard on one of the Oilers podcasts that when he has been on the ice the last 3 games- the opposition hasnt had a shot (5v5) which is nuts

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Cautious, but I'm feeling better about this matchup vs. years past.

I think a big part of that is this team isn't as dependent on its PP as in years past, so the prospect of the refs swallowing their whistles isn't as scary.

Nurse-Ceci (as always) has me concerned, but unlike last year there is better depth behind them (And admittedly Ceci has had a strong end to the season). Still I wouldn't be surprised to see Kulak and Vinny continue to take more defensive responsibility off them (as we saw down the stretch).

If they struggle I wouldn't be surprised to see Stecher in, even if LA isn't a great matchup for him. Same with Broberg to be honest.

Reactions: guymez

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Brutal lines. Hate them. Why break up the best line in hockey with 93 97 18? That’s what Tippett did for his last playoff. Holloway hasn’t proven anything as his last games Oilers and the other teams were in preseason mode. Games were a waste of time. Kane on 4th line is a dressing room cancer waiting to fester. Dumb to court that. Taking out too many penalty killers and our PK at least on the road is awful

Not a fan.

But these lines probably last 5 minutes so not going to get too worked up over them.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Brutal lines. Hate them. Why break up the best line in hockey with 93 97 18? That’s what Tippett did for his last playoff. Holloway hasn’t proven anything as his last games Oilers and the other teams were in preseason mode. Games were a waste of time. Kane on 4th line is a dressing room cancer waiting to fester. Dumb to court that. Taking out too many penalty killers and our PK at least on the road is awful

Not a fan.

But these lines probably last 5 minutes so not going to get too worked up over them.
The problem with loading the top line is that it gives McDavid the two best wingers and saddles Draisaitl with two bottom-sixers. I think this is much more balanced this way and creates 2 good top lines. I'm hoping that Holloway is a placeholder for Kane when he returns to full health.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I’m assuming he needs surgery and didn’t want to do it during the season.

But... why? If he's had it all season then he's had all season to deal with it. Recovery timetable after going under the knife for a sports hernia after a quick google appears to be 3 months. Rehabbing a groin injury in season isn't predictable enough.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No but isn't it odd how he didn't do it as much after coaching staff got changed?

Injured apparently

I think people need to relax with ripping Kane. He's been better the last while and he does have 24 goals. I mean how is that bad lol
Almost all of his goals happened much earlier in the season. Since Mid February Kane has only 3 goals. It is possible to pay attention to such things.

Reactions: oobga and foshizzle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad