Value of: Sedins to Detroit scenario

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
One: Their trade value tilts high because they are not available.

Two: With a decent pm their production will rise.

We've also seen a good goal scorer produce with the Sedins and them hit the 70-80 point range. If the Canucks cut say 25 goals against off their record they could get a lot closer to the playoffs than some people suggest. A younger Top4 with 4 defence battling for 2 spots and hopefully more progression from the young forwards like Bae/Bo/Virtanen and a healthy season of Sutter.
I've liked the development path of Markstrom so far, with the defence core we've built I believe we can utilize his talents best.

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
Detroit just lost out on Stamkos they now lack a top 6 scoring threat down the middle and have some cap space thanks to Arizona. With aging top players in Zetterberg and Kronwall and a youth ovement on the door step in the next year or two. Detroit makes sense to go after big ticket players to fill gaps to continue to compete for a playoff spot.

Vancouver atm looks like free agents may not want to come here after all. With Lucic off the list and Okposo ,Eriksson and Ladd seeming less and less likely to sign here there isn't much players left that can help Van over this hump ownership seems to think they can limp over.After the FA frenzy dust settles ownership may be forced to actually ok a rebuild instead of retooling.

Athaniasou, Mantha and Larkin are more than likely off the table from Det and Vans 1st is off the table as well. I'm going to throw something at the wall and maybe it will stick, if not whatevs let's here what you think.

Detroit receives
Sedins 35% retained
Prospect
(Probably another roster player here to balance out roster number)

Vancouver receives
Ouellet
Pulkinen
Sproul
1st 2017
Vitale
Franzen

Canucks end up with dead weight (franzen may play another season) in order to hit the cap floor and recieve great prospects that have fallen down the depth chart in Detroit and would be given the minutes and spots to play in Van. Van also recieves a much needed 1st round pick.

Detroit receives 2 first line players with godly chemistry that would fair very well in that east division on discount rate. Sedins will start to decline but the way they play the game will easily be able to put up points and play against opponents top lines. They alson only have a year after this one left so Detroit won't be left on the hook.

You're truly delusional

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Amazing how, while fans of other teams will rag on the Canucks, call the Sedins old, call them done, and say the team can't win, these topics still get made just begging the Canucks to move the most unique set of two players in NHL history for peanuts. Those same fans then let the salt flow on how the Canucks are making this massive mistake holding onto those players.

The Sedins will retire as Canucks or take a kig'a ransom to move. Start with multiple 1sts or don't bother making a topic.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Amazing how, while fans of other teams will rag on the Canucks, call the Sedins old, call them done, and say the team can't win, these topics still get made just begging the Canucks to move the most unique set of two players in NHL history for peanuts. Those same fans then let the salt flow on how the Canucks are making this massive mistake holding onto those players.

The Sedins will retire as Canucks or take a kig'a ransom to move. Start with multiple 1sts or don't bother making a topic.

Its your fan who made the post. Kinda changes the whole tone of your post doesn't it? Plus I was the one who said I like the Sedins.

niel094

Jan 13, 2011

Damn the Sedins are that valuable? Id value them as someone like Patrick Marleau for the fact that they're aging superstars although the Sedins have slightly better offense, Marleau is more durable and one of the better defensive forwards in the game, plays the pk and also hits. Value wise I think it's about same. Sedins give you more offense but Marleau gives you everything including offense. I'm not saying Marleau or the Sedins are better than the other but value wise I believe it's about the same. As agreed by the board and shark fans, marleau's value is about a second rounder and maybe a tiny plus by a desperate team but regardless you're valuing your players too much and its not just you but it seems like every Canuck proposal on this board is really one sided to them and everyone just rips them apart for that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Benning still wants to be competitive so he won't sell the Sedins for pure futures. He would almost certainly want players that are untouchable to Detroit. Larkin and the like. And Detroit should never do that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Damn the Sedins are that valuable? Id value them as someone like Patrick Marleau for the fact that they're aging superstars although the Sedins have slightly better offense, Marleau is more durable and one of the better defensive forwards in the game, plays the pk and also hits. Value wise I think it's about same. Sedins give you more offense but Marleau gives you everything including offense. I'm not saying Marleau or the Sedins are better than the other but value wise I believe it's about the same. As agreed by the board and shark fans, marleau's value is about a second rounder and maybe a tiny plus by a desperate team but regardless you're valuing your players too much and its not just you but it seems like every Canuck proposal on this board is really one sided to them and everyone just rips them apart for that.
The Sedin are still legitimate top line star caliber players. Marleau is a middle six guy ideally at this point. Do Marleau and Thornton have similar value? The twins are closer to Thornton than Marleau in all around effectiveness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad