Rumor: Shane Doan to Tampa

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
So I have many people inside the Coyotes organization as well as people close to the Doan family. Sounds like Tampa is the team pushing hardest to get him, other than that, just mild offers/interest. Sounds like Doan is trying to decide if he should sign a deal with Tampa or retire. Just thought you guys would like to know :)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
40 year old Shane Doan...for our 4th line or something? Coming to Tampa on like a one year deal to try and win a cup? Lotta leadership in that locker room ...

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I like it. Leadership was our main issue last year, and we "added" Stamkos and Callahan, as well as actually adding Kunitz, maybe Doan, and some bum from the Rangers.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
And this right after Yzerman indicated he was done for the summer. Interesting... Wouldn't mind him for the 4th line but we have quite a logjam of roster players at the moment.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
One year deal to add some depth since we know half of our players will be injured by January. Adds some leadership too so why not.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
And this right after Yzerman indicated he was done for the summer. Interesting... Wouldn't mind him for the 4th line but we have quite a logjam of roster players at the moment.

I think it could work out:

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Gourde
Killorn - Point - Callahan
Kunitz - Paquette/Dumont - Doan

Waivers:
Condra
Brown
Conacher

Additional AHL call-ups:
Erne, Peca, Cirelli, Joseph, etc.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think it could work out:

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Gourde
Killorn - Point - Callahan
Kunitz - Paquette/Dumont - Doan

Waivers:
Condra
Brown
Conacher

Additional AHL call-ups:
Erne, Peca, Cirelli, Joseph, etc.

I'd waive Paquette, play Dumont at 4c and keep Conacher as an extra forward. Otherwise I agree.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How are Kunitz and Doan going to produce with Paquette and each other? This is another Morrow in the making and Morrow had Drouin/Boyle.

What kind of direction are we heading? Leadership doesn't produce on ice results, take the 1st half of the last 2 seasons and slow them down even more is what we'll be likely seeing. That team from the last 20 games of the season featuring young, hungry kids who could skate? Forget about that.

It's funny because everyone was on board with the Morrow signing at the beginning of the year too, by seasons end the fanbase couldn't wait to get rid of him and this is a guy who stripped Mike Modano of captaincy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh please God no. Why? This isn't the Rays signing Cliff Floyd in 2008 or even signing Andreychuk. These are washed up vets who should have retired over a year ago coming to a team that's been to an ECF, SCF and ex Rangers who have been on deep runs too.

How much more ****ing "leadership" does this organization need? We don't lack leadership.... We lack viable scoring options outside of two guys unless Johnson is hurt again, consistency and have about 4 full time players whose sole strength is killing penalties

If this team wins a Cup it damn sure isn't going to be because of guys like Doan and Kunitz. It'll be from staying healthy and 16 big games from Vasy standing on his head if the offense goes cold like it always does

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Oh please God no. Why? This isn't the Rays signing Cliff Floyd in 2008 or even signing Andreychuk. These are washed up vets who should have retired over a year ago coming to a team that's been to an ECF, SCF and ex Rangers who have been on deep runs too.

How much more ****ing "leadership" does this organization need? We don't lack leadership.... We lack viable scoring options outside of two guys unless Johnson is hurt again, consistency and have about 4 full time players whose sole strength is killing penalties

If this team wins a Cup it damn sure isn't going to be because of guys like Doan and Kunitz. It'll be from staying healthy and 16;big games from Vasy.

I'll take leadership in the form of a Boyle or a Callahan who can contribute towards towards the team, lugging Kunitz and Doan around yeah no... who do people look to when the teams down? The big boys and star players not the 40 year olds. Hedman and Stamkos are grown men right now and it's their team, one thing that might be lacking is that Vasi is nowhere near as a presence or as vocal as Bishop was.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So, Florida becoming a place for soon to be retirees? Who would have guessed. :sarcasm:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'll take leadership in the form of a Boyle or a Callahan who can contribute towards towards the team, lugging Kunitz and Doan around yeah no...

Agreed. Either the writing is on the wall for guys like Paquette and Brown (which makes no sense to replace them with guys like Doan and Kunitz) or this is an insurance policy for Callahan

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
How are Kunitz and Doan going to produce with Paquette and each other? This is another Morrow in the making and Morrow had Drouin/Boyle.

What kind of direction are we heading? Leadership doesn't produce on ice results, take the 1st half of the last 2 seasons and slow them down even more is what we'll be likely seeing. That team from the last 20 games of the season featuring young, hungry kids who could skate? Forget about that.

It's funny because everyone was on board with the Morrow signing at the beginning of the year too, by seasons end the fanbase couldn't wait to get rid of him and this is a guy who stripped Mike Modano of captaincy.

But Morrow was already bad, Kunitz and Doan are still solid players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad