Rumor: Shane Doan to Tampa

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gourde is a cool 3rd liner but we need someone to push him out of the top-6. It's that or play Gourde at 3c (Point at 2RW) and he is terrible at faceoffs.

What we need is a Parenteau, Vanek, or Jagr to play 2rw and then hav e a killorn-point-gourde 3rd line.

Hell no to Parenteau, I assume there's a reason why no team has signed Vanek yet. Jagr wouldnt't be too bad because he still has elite hockey sense in the zone and he's better in the same role on the PP as Callahan.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Gourde would be fine in the top 6. Kid can play.

Gourde always has had the offensive side of the game. He led the QMJHL in scoring and won the league MVP. You don’t do that without some serious talent. He just needed to develop the rest of his game and gain some size/strength. He should definitely be tried at 2RW. Your only other choices are Point, Callahan, or maybe Vlady plays off wing. Slotting Gourde at 2RW allows you to build a 3rd scoring line around Point which creates matchup problems (ala PIT) and makes your top six more productive. Not sure Gourde can stick there, but it’s worth a shot.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I love Gourde but i have to agree to Robert. Hes not a top six guy, he's a bottom six guy that can be a threat to score from time too time. If we have him on the top six were going to end up hating him because we are expecting him to be something he's not.

gourde is a bottom six guy always will be I agree with robert also

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gourde always has had the offensive side of the game. He led the QMJHL in scoring and won the league MVP. You don’t do that without some serious talent. He just needed to develop the rest of his game and gain some size/strength. He should definitely be tried at 2RW. Your only other choices are Point, Callahan, or maybe Vlady plays off wing. Slotting Gourde at 2RW allows you to build a 3rd scoring line around Point which creates matchup problems (ala PIT) and makes your top six more productive. Not sure Gourde can stick there, but it’s worth a shot.

Why would you play Point with no skilled offensive guys, look at his production before and after playing with Palat/Kucherov/Drouin.

You play him with our top-6 guys as a complimentary piece not build a line around him..he's not there yet.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

He led it as an overager. Overage PM Devos was the scoring leader the previous year. The year before that it was tied between Sean Couturier and Nicolas Deschamps. Neither in their overage year. The year before that was Yannick Riendeau, another overage player.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
He led it as an overager. Overage PM Devos was the scoring leader the previous year. The year before that it was tied between Sean Couturier and Nicolas Deschamps. Neither in their overage year. The year before that was Yannick Riendeau, another overage player.

True, but he was an overager that looked like a 15-year-old kid. Some kids take longer to mature and develop. My point was that he has the speed and skill to hang with Johnson and Palat. This is all assuming that Kuch is on the top line with Stamkos. For all we know Cooper will put Cally at 1RW. I’d just like to see them try to spread the talent and create three scoring lines. Depth scoring has been a problem.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Why would you play Point with no skilled offensive guys, look at his production before and after playing with Palat/Kucherov/Drouin.

You play him with our top-6 guys as a complimentary piece not build a line around him..he's not there yet.

That increase in production also coincided with moving from wing to center. Maybe he is more productive at his natural position.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
True, but he was an overager that looked like a 15-year-old kid. Some kids take longer to mature and develop. My point was that he has the speed and skill to hang with Johnson and Palat. This is all assuming that Kuch is on the top line with Stamkos. For all we know Cooper will put Cally at 1RW. IÂ’d just like to see them try to spread the talent and create three scoring lines. Depth scoring has been a problem.

Just because they dominate juniors doesn't mean they will dominate the nhl. Matter of a fact most cases they won't. Thinking Gourde as a top six guy is incredibly optimistic at best.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Would rather keep the extra cap space for a potential TDL move and let some Syracuse talent push their way up.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'd be ok with a Doan signing if the idea was to get another forward. We have a self inflicted log jam already though. Still, would be very happy to have him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'd rather trade for JAM ! 750 k avv this year get him to sign a extension for 1 million AVV or 1.5 avv per year for a 2 year term extension. offer Vegas like Sustr and a 3rd rounder.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd rather trade for JAM ! 750 k avv this year get him to sign a extension for 1 million AVV or 1.5 avv per year for a 2 year term extension. offer Vegas like Sustr and a 3rd rounder.
Right, Sustr and a 3rd will get us JAM.

:shakehead Come on, Todd.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

1st jam doesnt play defense 2nd jam doesnt play defense 3rd jam doesnt play defense
etc.. etc... etc...

oh and yep vegas is shopping for more d

this is the kinda thing when i swear todd and lose my cool lol

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
1st jam doesnt play defense 2nd jam doesnt play defense 3rd jam doesnt play defense
etc.. etc... etc...

oh and yep vegas is shopping for more d

this is the kinda thing when i swear todd and lose my cool lol

Don't need jam to play d I need him to score and provide needed scoring depth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad