• Yes

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Yeah I mean his track record isn't 100% perfect but Schenn/ROR/Buch/Bozak and Perron signings/Leddy trade have all made more than trust DA. we've got a little cap space, too many defensemen and solid forward prospects that could get time. Am I sad Perron left, especially at the deal he took? yeah, sure. Am I calling for his head? hell no, especially since FA is less than a day old.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
In the last 15 years, only 2 teams have won the Cup without a former 1st or 2nd overall pick on their roster every game.

Only 3 teams have won it without a top pick being in their prime. Red Wings, Bruins, and the Blues. All just once. If we want to make that time range 10 years, only the Blues.

We just put up more resistance against a team that steamrolled the playoffs than anyone else, including the vaunted Lightning.

I don't like losing Perron, but wasn't it genius getting him at 4x4 when we did? DA isn't perfect but you are always fighting uphill in this league when you don't have one of the elites.

We've done an amazing job of getting undervalued talent at bargain prices in trades, the draft, and FA during his tenure. Ask a Philly, Dallas, San Jose, LA, etc. fan whether they would appreciate the same kind of sustained success.

Last edited:

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
A piece of the St. Louis Blues died today. Shame on Armstrong for letting it happen and shame on Perron for chasing the money after all these years. There is no way he and his young family enjoy these next two years more living in Detroit than if he had just stayed here and gone year to year like Army did with JayBo. Think pride got I'm the way somewhat.

EDIT: Heard the interview this morning. Armstrong has gone too far with this one. What an asshole

Last edited:

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
A piece of the St. Louis Blues died today. Shame on Armstrong for letting it happen and shame on Perron for chasing the money after all these years. There is no way he and his young family enjoy these next two years more living in Detroit than if he had just stayed here and gone year to year like Army did with JayBo. Think pride got I'm the way somewhat.
A part of it died, just like it did with Backes. That's the circle of life under the cap.

Thankfully the tree of the Blues is refreshing itself with good, young talents.

jmwc95

Jul 12, 2007
Perron is 34. There’s no guarantee he’s going to repeat this past season on his 35th and 36th bday.
His contract will be pretty much over on his 36th birthday.

Let me post a realistic scenario...

Say the Blues sign Perron for 4M per year and are NOT able to trade for Chychrun, Provorov, Sanheim, etc and Leddy signs with another team. Then you are back to square one. This team needs Nick Leddy more than it needs David Perron right now.
We aren’t able to trade for any of those guys anyway, and we could have had both Leddy AND Perron.

jmwc95

Jul 12, 2007
A part of it died, just like it did with Backes. That's the circle of life under the cap.

Thankfully the tree of the Blues is refreshing itself with good, young talents.
Backes was regressing and got overpaid on a long term deal. We gave Steen the same stupid long term deal and got burned. Perron signed for 2 years and less AAV than either of them.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Backes was regressing and got overpaid on a long term deal. We gave Steen the same stupid long term deal and got burned. Perron signed for 2 years and less AAV than either of them.
Steen was 32 first year of his contract.

Perron is 34.

Reactions: Xanadude

jmwc95

Jul 12, 2007
Steen was 32 first year of his contract.

Perron is 34.
Alex Steen signed a 4 year extension for $5.75M with one year remaining on his current deal back when the cap was $73M. This is a freaking two year deal for a better player who had better numbers going into UFA for a much smaller percentage of the cap.

Reactions: LogosBlue

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
We didn’t have two young studs we wanted to extend to max term deals when we extended Steen. Plus the O’Reilly cloud hanging overhead.

Reactions: Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
You know, if you re-signed Perron, you could always trade him next offseason.
"Let's sign the guy so we can just jettison him off in a years time"

That's not how that works. GMs sign these players to be here their entire contract. Yes things change in the future, but signing someone for 2 years just to have already planned to trade him in a year is nonsensical.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Perron stated he never even got a formal contract offer from the Blues. What is this

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Rutherford said he had a 2-year, $4M AAV extension in his hands last offseason.
Completely irrelevant. An entire season then occurred where he was still a major leading contributor among the forwards (who nearly all make more $). Then no formal offer.

And on top of this you're chiming in to side with the idea that 2 x 4.75 is Perron betraying the city of St. Louis and "chasing the money." Maybe instead you could look up how old Perron is before you keep adding years to his age to make your arguments sound better

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Completely irrelevant. An entire season then occurred where he was still a major leading contributor among the forwards (who nearly all make more $). Then no formal offer.

And on top of this you're chiming in to side with the idea that 2 x 4.75 is Perron betraying the city of St. Louis and "chasing the money." Maybe instead you could look up how old Perron is before you keep adding years to his age to make your arguments sound better
I don't believe Perron is betraying the city of St. Louis and I never said anything of the sort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad