Injury Report: Souray out 4-6 months

Ducksgo*

hello..amezed here....of bull...yeah...just must clear out this:

why heck always here at forum talk of vatanen an lindholm like of same player..always this give boys a chanche ...like if A MUST TAKE BOTH SAME TIME TIL ANAHEIM!

i say; vatanen been years dominating ADULT games up at EUROPE! finnish league, games w finnish adult lions etc. and AHL...

lindholm has no points whatsover in career...dont say hes a good offence power..hes not.. he´s not vatanen ok? get that.

vatanen will play big minites from start of season hes gonna do extreme well get that.

if you wanna hack on vatanen dfensive hack on fowler too then. vatanen is reading game in superstar way. he handles every second very well at ice in brains an atletics . please dont spread bull here JUST ENJOY THE BOYS DOMINATION AT NHL LEVEL. lindholm? just forget him now. hes time today is AHL tomorrow will shows if he can be a police at anaheim some day in future.

amen

EENOK,HOCKEYPROFESSOR,IL,FINLAND

I support this message. Finally!!!!! The VATS has COME BACK to Anaheim!!!!! :laugh:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
And sure, let's ignore countless examples of successful development. If Vatanen goes insane crazy, Boudreau will give him more responsibility. That's usually how it works. What is more likely, however is that he has growing pains, good and bad stretches, and needs time to grow into the player he will become. You're trying to paint some fairy tale story with a happy ending. Reality says hi.

Vatanen will disappoint everybody else but Sojourn at the start of the season. He's getting there but earliest I can realistically see him earning a roster spot full time is 14-15 season.

At this point I think he is the best option to be tried on the PP. But I'm just hoping this "He belongs on the 1st PP unit" doesn't go over the top and people to start believing that if/when Vatanen doesn't produce he has disappointed and is on the verge of busting. You should be waiting for him to show development, not that he's ready (obviosly not directed at you Sojourn).

Vatanen will be at his prime most propably around 26 years old. There is still time. Defensemen take longer on average than forwards to hit their prime. Just wait for one more year and magic will be happening more frequently, hopefully eventually making him an offensive force at NHL level.

As I said I think Vatanen is better to be tried on the PP before Lindholm now that there is an opening, but that isn't to say if Vatanen has a rough start, Lindholm shouldn't be next in line. Lindholm is the one with more versatility, might be he even has similar offensive upside. Try one, try the other and let them develop and regain their self-confidence in AHL after a bad stretch. Both Lindholm and Vatanen will have bad shifts, bad games and the easiest way to get over them is to be the best player on the ice in AHL.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'd be pretty disappointed if he can't stick. :/

If Boudreau gives him safer 3rd pairing minutes, and gives him opportunity on one of the PP units, I'd hope that Sami could hold his own. That's a pretty good opportunity for a young offensive defenseman, and Vatanen is a talented kid. That being said, I don't really care if he makes it this season, next season, or beyond. I care about winning games, and the big picture, and if Sami can prove that he helps us do that better with him than without, I'm happy. If someone like Fistric or Lindholm show themselves to be better options, then I'd go with them.

My philosophy is that a good prospect doesn't need to be handed opportunities. When they are ready, they'll earn them.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I'd be pretty disappointed if he can't stick. :/

If Boudreau gives him safer 3rd pairing minutes, and gives him opportunity on one of the PP units, I'd hope that Sami could hold his own. That's a pretty good opportunity for a young offensive defenseman, and Vatanen is a talented kid. That being said, I don't really care if he makes it this season, next season, or beyond. I care about winning games, and the big picture, and if Sami can prove that he helps us do that better with him than without, I'm happy. If someone like Fistric or Lindholm show themselves to be better options, then I'd go with them.

My philosophy is that a good prospect doesn't need to be handed opportunities. When they are ready, they'll earn them.

i agree with this for the most part. but they also need to be put in a position where they have the opportunity to earn them. i'd add that to my philosophy :D

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I think nobody should be disappointed if Vatanen sees some more AHL time. At least after Souray's back. Of course it will be nice if he shows he's fully NHL ready.

And I think Vatanen has earned his opportunity and these months will propably be the best opportunity for him to stick. Next best will be 2014-15 off-season / half season. After that I think his opportunities will be used. Not only because of him turning 23 but also because he will be offered ****loads of money to play in Europe.

But a few stints in the AHL this season while showing progress, I won't be disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad