Half-Assed GDT: STL CAR

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
thats a soft as shit goal but leddy and parayko cant give that guy that much space right down the middle

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Guys I think we have someone in Zach Bolduc, finally a one timer threat from the dot. Give the kid some PP time.
see how much better he looks with thomas? not directed at you, but for guy like him he needs to play with skilled guys to develop. this is why i think it's so key we pick up a 2c sooner than later, bc with our young talent we need to put them in positions to be able to grow. and while 5 years from now dvo will likely be our 2c, he isn't going to be 2c next year. and probably not the following year.

Reactions: Xerloris and LGB

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
see how much better he looks with thomas? not directed at you, but for guy like him he needs to play with skilled guys to develop. this is why i think it's so key we pick up a 2c sooner than later, bc with our young talent we need to put them in positions to be able to grow. and while 5 years from now dvo will likely be our 2c, but he isn't going to be 2c next year. and probably not the following year.

I'm all for bringing in Monahan as UFA this summer if he will except a 3 or 4 year contract. Honestly I'd be fine with the Blues moving on from Hayes but if not shift him to the wing and run Thomas, Monahan, Schenn down the middle.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I'm all for bringing in Monahan as UFA this summer if he will except a 3 or 4 year contract. Honestly I'd be fine with the Blues moving on from Hayes but if not shift him to the wing and run Thomas, Monahan, Schenn down the middle.
Schenn has been much better since being shifted to the wing

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
dave reid in between periods on nhl network provided more insightful analysis on blues than our broadcast guys have done all season.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
And lose his 57% on FO's?
No thanks.

Hayes should be the 4th line C between Toro and Sunny next year.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Schenn playing wing over center is easily going to be a bigger improvement than moving Hayes to wing would be.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
We only have 2 games left after tonight, so no.

He’ll reach 85 though so I’m extremely happy with his season.

Good 1st period overall.

Thomas is fully capable of putting up 3-5 points a game and he's on a heater right now.
I don't know that it's completely out of reach.

Reactions: Xerloris

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ideally I would like a world where neither Schenn or Hayes are centering a line, Schenn to wing, Hayes can take faceoffs for his line and then get the hell off the ice.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Yeah he gets us possession off the faceoff, too bad he can't keep possession. He can't hold onto a puck to save his life.
So put him out there with some guys who can.
You could do a LOT worse than Toro-Hayes-Sunny as a 4th line(heck, you could do worse than that as a 3rd line).

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd say Dvorsky has the most impressive one timer out of our prospects.
Maybe once all these guys make the team we should make every shot we take a one timer. Nothing else.

Even if somebody has a breakaway, or gets a rebound right in front of the net, you guessed it: pass it back for a one-timer.

Other teams won’t know how to stop it.

• Haha
Reactions: LGB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad