Johansson-Hartman-Gaudreau
Foligno-Walker-Maroon

Bacon-Broccoli
Lambos-Spurgeon
Hunt-Spacek
Bogo
Gogo

Jesper

Who knows, you might F around and find out this team is just better than the current one.
Rather keep Dewar around to be a 4th liner (RFA) & trade Duhaime instead.

So frustrating they can’t dump Foligno + Zucc at the TDL for a couple of late 1sts/2nds

Suppose Guerin realizes the season is beyond salvaging, is there any merit in talking to Spurgeon or even Brodin to see if they'd entertain a trade to a contender?
Definitely not. They need those two around for the 24-25 & 25-26 seasons.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Personally think the position you’re putting the prospects in here would do more bad than good.
The only one it would probably be bad for is Beckman. Lambos would be fine next to Spurgeon. Spurgeon somehow makes Middleton look decent, which was really exposed when he was out.

The rest are in bottom roles where they can work their way up the lineup with quality play.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dewar was only good because he was thought to be a good penalty killer…

I’m good with both being gone.
I don't have any issue with Dewar 90% of the time, so I think I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt. The entire team, and the entire PK, is failing right now. I don't think that means every single piece of it needs to be gone.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We were the 10th best PK team last season. Was it just because of the goalies, that now can't stop anything? I don't think that I fully believe that.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't have any issue with Dewar 90% of the time, so I think I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt. The entire team, and the entire PK, is failing right now. I don't think that means every single piece of it needs to be gone.
Dewar gets worked constantly. Look at the beginning of last game.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The only one it would probably be bad for is Beckman. Lambos would be fine next to Spurgeon. Spurgeon somehow makes Middleton look decent, which was really exposed when he was out.

The rest are in bottom roles where they can work their way up the lineup with quality play.
I just don’t think it makes sense to throw a bunch of guys who aren’t excelling in the AHL into prominent roles in the NHL.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The only way I see this team turning it around would be a big time hot streak from a goaltender. Offensively there’s not a whole lot more to get out of this group imo. Defensively, it’s a bunch of bottom pair guys, spirgeon, Brodin playing his worst hockey of his career, and a rookie. A pretty flawed team and a lot of other teams got significantly better.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I just don’t think it makes sense to throw a bunch of guys who aren’t excelling in the AHL into prominent roles in the NHL.
Are 3rd pairing/4th line really prominent roles?

I have full confidence Wallstedt would be fine as the starter.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
We were the 10th best PK team last season. Was it just because of the goalies, that now can't stop anything? I don't think that I fully believe that.

No Dumba or Spurgeon (for the most part) this year. Faber and whichever warm body is playing RD is a big step down from those 2.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No offense, but that’s not a well thought out response.
Nono, you're right. What's going on currently is totally better. Do players have to climb every rung in the organization then? Maybe they should have sent Faber down too, I mean he didn't play in the AHL AT ALL.
But, why are we calling them up in the first place, if they're not excelling in the AHL?
Do you even watch Iowa? Serious question.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nono, you're right. What's going on currently is totally better. Do players have to climb every rung in the organization then? Maybe they should have sent Faber down too, I mean he didn't play in the AHL AT ALL.

Do you even watch Iowa? Serious question.
This was based on the conversation. It was stated already that these guys aren't excelling in the AHL... as seen here...
Based on that, why would we call them up?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Between this and you thinking that Ohgren, Khusnutdinov and Yurov should all make the NHL team next year, I don’t find you to be rational about prospects much at all. I think you’re being overly emotional about the current status.

And yes, I actually do believe that playing 4 rookie defensemen at once could be worse than what is currently going on.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Between this and you thinking that Ohgren, Khusnutdinov and Yurov should all make the NHL team next year, I don’t find you to be rational about prospects much at all. I think you’re being overly emotional about the current status.

And yes, I actually do believe that playing 4 rookie defensemen at once could be worse than what is currently going on.
I didn’t say Ohgren would make the team. You’re twisting my words and then basically calling me stupid and emotional, so that’s very fantastic for you as a person.

I do think that Yurov and Khusnutdinov will make the team. They play in the second best league right now. Why would they travel across the world to downgrade their competition to the AHL…? Do you think they need to climb every rung of the organization?

I do think that Lambos, Hunt, and Spacek are better than Middleton, Mermis and Bogosian.

I did say that those that didn’t figure it out would be sent down… ya know, how most franchises utilize their prospects? Feels like you just glossed right over that part…

I don’t think that will harm their development in any extreme way. Their development is already being harmed playing on Iowa.

If being of these opinions means I’m stupid and emotional, then I guess I’m stupid and emotional. Feel free to disagree. Feel free to defend Middleton, Mermis and Bogosian too. They are a huge part of the problem.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I didn’t say Ohgren would make the team. You’re twisting my words and then basically calling me stupid and emotional, so that’s very fantastic for you as a person.

I do think that Yurov and Khusnutdinov will make the team. They play in the second best league right now. Why would they travel across the world to downgrade their competition to the AHL…? Do you think they need to climb every rung of the organization?

I do think that Lambos, Hunt, and Spacek are better than Middleton, Mermis and Bogosian.

I did say that those that didn’t figure it out would be sent down… ya know, how most franchises utilize their prospects? Feels like you just glossed right over that part…

I don’t think that will harm their development in any extreme way. Their development is already being harmed playing on Iowa.

If being of these opinions means I’m stupid and emotional, then I guess I’m stupid and emotional. Feel free to disagree. Feel free to defend Middleton, Mermis and Bogosian too. They are a huge part of the problem.
I kind of already did.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

The "downgrade" between KHL and AHL might have been true in the past, not sure that's the case any more. Guys like Nikolay Goldobin and Jordan Weal aren't in Russia because they're too good for the AHL, they're there because they're not good enough for the NHL. Yurov is obviously a special talent, and Khusnutdinov could be a player as well, but he doesn't have the kinds of physical gifts that scream NHLer.

Spacek, Lambos and Hunt are better than Bogosian? I mean, he's obviously not what he was...but there's a huge divide there. Experience, "man strength" matter. Some day.

I just don't think there's any example of a guy who played in the AHL too long, whereas hockey history is littered with players who were pushed into the NHL too soon and flamed out from injury, from lack of confidence, or from a perception that they couldn't play at the top level because they literally weren't ready to do it.

This team should be in no rush with its prospects. That said, it would be very Wild to get a high draft pick in this draft when last year's was apparently much stronger. The ghost of Benoit Pouliot never left us.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Firstov (9g/10a, 30 games) has better stats than both Marat K (3g/4a, 20 games) and Yurov (6g/9a, 25 games) this year. So is he NHL lock too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad