Confirmed with Link: Toews signed to 7 year deal (7.25AAV)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Baugh had some good quotes in his article on the extension as well.

It's pretty clear Toews is one of those examples of guys who actually does value winnings and family considerations more than just the money.

I'd say he took anywhere from $1.5-2.5M less per year compared to what he would have gotten on the open market.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Having G
Baugh had some good quotes in his article on the extension as well.

It's pretty clear Toews is one of those examples of guys who actually does value winnings and family considerations more than just the money.

I'd say he took anywhere from $1.5-2.5M less per year compared to what he would have gotten on the open market.
If your wife and kids enjoy the Colorado River what good is another $1 million after tax a year to live in Winnipeg or something.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Now, I'm not an advanced stat expert by any means, but I believe this is good, right?

I admit, when I first saw this earlier this morning, I thought Dom was signaling a touchdown, then I realized he was laughing. lol
is that saying his value is 7.3?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We won't need to trade anyone. Calm down, quit worrying about the cap and just enjoy this absolute gem of a contract one of the best defenders in the league just signed.

The numbers speak for themselves. One $3.5m+ contract needs to be moved next off-season for cap purposes. That's not me worrying that's just a fact.

I'm happy about Toews deal, it creates more flexibility than expected.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
The numbers speak for themselves. One $3.5m+ contract needs to be moved next off-season for cap purposes. That's not me worrying that's just a fact.

Why? You're assuming Landeskog comes back and even if he does we still would have 3.5 million in space with 9 forwards, 5 Dmen and a goalie signed.

Lehkonen - Mackinnon- Rantanen
Landeskog- Johansen- Nichushkin
Wood- Colton- O'Connor
?- ?- ?

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard- ?

Georgiev

It would be tight but a 4th line, 6th Dman and goalie all signed for 775k each would be $3,875,000 so we would have to clear roughly 400k to be cap compliant.

Manson could easily be moved and we could sign a few solid 4th liners for 1.5m each

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Didn’t realize there were so many big defenceman contracts out there.

When this deal kicks in, he’ll be the 29th highest paid defenceman in the NHL. So, as new deals are handed out, he’ll be paid like a #2 defenceman by year 1, or 2 the deal.

Great deal for Colorado.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

That's assuming Landeskog comes back though. I hope he does, but unfortunately I don't think he does.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
What makes you think Landy doesn't come back?

He missed all of last year, and most of the year before. Lonzo Ball of the NBA had the same surgeries before Landeskog and he isn't close to being back either. If there was Vegas betting odds, its more likely he doesn't return than he does at this point sadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad