Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Good.. He needs to watch himself... Hes gonna put a target on his back now.. Kid has guts.. But sometimes you need to pick your battles wisely...
I actually don't hate the move by him. He's going to be targeted his whole career. League has to know he's not above defending himself with a dirty short.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Good.. He needs to watch himself... Hes gonna put a target on his back now.. Kid has guts.. But sometimes you need to pick your battles wisely...
You don't want him doing this?

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Good on him showing he doesn’t put up with shit and won’t be pushed around. Who cares about the fine and who cares about the penalty in the regular season. Him showing he has a set is better for his future then anything else.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Good on him showing he doesn’t put up with shit and won’t be pushed around. Who cares about the fine and who cares about the penalty in the regular season. Him showing he has a set is better for his future then anything else.
If anything he's opening himself up to guys doing cheap shit to get under his skin. Looking at that play it doesn't take much.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Everyone should care about the fine. It means he now has a history with DOPS that can be taken into account with future unnecessary but suspendible actions to increase the penalties.

• Haha
Reactions: LuGBuG

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If anything he's opening himself up to guys doing cheap shit to get under his skin. Looking at that play it doesn't take much.
Guys are going to do that no matter what. In a playoff series they aren’t going to look at this clip and say “oh we better play him hard and try to get under his skin”. He’s going to be our best player and they will be doing that anyway. Although a guy make think twice if he doesn’t wanna get speared in the balls.

Everyone should care about the fine. It means he now has a history with DOPS that can be taken into account with future unnecessary but suspendible actions to increase the penalties.
He isn’t a head hunter. He will be fine. If he gets an extra game 2 years from now for something dumb because of this it doesn’t matter.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It was a weird choice at that moment but I think, big-picture, it's a good sign. If he can refine that instinct into a reputation as a pest who will hurt you, without turning into a penalty magnet, then I think he and the team will be better off, especially since it seems protection is not a top priority for PV.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It was a weird choice at that moment but I think, big-picture, it's a good sign. If he can refine that instinct into a reputation as a pest who will hurt you, without turning into a penalty magnet, then I think he and the team will be better off, especially since it seems protection is not a top priority for PV.
Without turning into a penalty magnet is the key, as is the retaliatory aspect. Perry was such a master at it because he instigated so often that he was never the one retaliating and getting caught.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Without turning into a penalty magnet is the key, as is the retaliatory aspect. Perry was such a master at it because he instigated so often that he was never the one retaliating and getting caught.
I agree in principle and yet Pears is the franchise leader in PIMs, and not all that far behind a guy like Des in PIM/game. But of course Pears had like 40 fights while he was here, too, so....

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He chose LaMelo Ball and Nick Kyrgios as the 2 athletes he would want to be.... Yikes :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They gave an assist to Z on the late Henrique goal. 2 point night, has 12 points in 12 games now. He seems to be playing better defensively, is one of the few players who is even or + . Still makes these poor decision passes, needs to be more aware with that, but he is winning more face offs and checking more.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
They gave an assist to Z on the late Henrique goal. 2 point night, has 12 points in 12 games now. He seems to be playing better defensively, is one of the few players who is even or + . Still makes these poor decision passes, needs to be more aware with that, but he is winning more face offs and checking more.

Big reason I think is his face offs have improved tremendously.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I feel like you could almost see the moment a few games back where he decided to start taking this season seriously. Maybe the game before the meeting? But since then he's been physical and engaged and still making some poor decisions, but they aren't lazy decisions. Plus he's been kind of funneling his anger in a good way (mostly). Last night for example he dragged Gadjovich off of Benoit because no one else was going to do it obviously (thanks, PV!).

Anyway he's really coming around, he's noticeable on most of his shifts now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like you could almost see the moment a few games back where he decided to start taking this season seriously. Maybe the game before the meeting? But since then he's been physical and engaged and still making some poor decisions, but they aren't lazy decisions. Plus he's been kind of funneling his anger in a good way (mostly). Last night for example he dragged Gadjovich off of Benoit because no one else was going to do it obviously (thanks, PV!).

Anyway he's really coming around, he's noticeable on most of his shifts now.

Z’s overall game is improving and he is still producing. It makes me excited because he has the potential to really be a legit elite 1C in the league but yeah those bad decision passes he needs to be smarter there and if he is pressured, keep it simple.

Funny you mentioned him pulling a guy off Benoit, not only was I not surprised they didn’t get a PP, but I was shocked they didn’t call one on Z and make them go short handed again.

That is how bad the reffing has been. I hate complaining about the refs , every team has their unfair moments but the Ducks take the prize in that regard.

I actually was fine with the off-side goal standing but those goalie interference calls or non-calls the last couple of games were brutal. Plus, they missed a blatant interference call on Stolarz last night.

I don’t know what goalie interference is anymore and I don’t think the refs or the NHL do either, lol

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I think Z turned his season around in that game where he scored a goal and instead of hot dogging around he just glared, stone serious. That was a couple games ago but I forget which.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad