TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
I’m gonna miss Pierre McGuire and Ray Ferraro on 690, and already miss Bob. Let’s hope they can get some better experts and insiders as regular this year. I don’t mind Ward, mostly for his banter with Mitch and not for his expertise .

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He doesn't seem all that much up to date with the Habs, yet he's constantly asked for his opinion. I noticed how several times he didn't know something that an average fan knows. He'll have to catch up if they intend to have him as a regular expert.
Yeah he's a regular, he took McGuire's spot. Everyday around 5 PM...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’m gonna miss Pierre McGuire and Ray Ferraro on 690, and already miss Bob. Let’s hope they can get some better experts and insiders as regular this year. I don’t mind Ward, mostly for his banter with Mitch and not for his expertise .
What happened to Ferraro? He have good insight to game at times.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Ferraro won't be there anymore? That's quite a loss.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

Between losing McGuire, Ferraro and having these new guys on (julian Mckenzie?, still and ohayon), having Ward on daily (I don't find he has anything insightful to say/has been wrong way more than right/didn't he beat his wife?) Along with Melnick's daily boomer rants the station has, in my opinion, become unbelievably bad.

Like reminds me of a US college radio station bad

Reactions: angusyoung

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
As a Habs fan in Toronto, my options for Habs radio is pretty limited to 690. I can say Mariano, Gallo and Campbell are the main reasons why I no longer listen. Wish Robertson and Momesso were daytime personalities also… I’d listen to them.

Thankfully it’s baseball season, so I got too much radio right now to choose from.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Between losing McGuire, Ferraro and having these new guys on (julian Mckenzie?, still and ohayon), having Ward on daily (I don't find he has anything insightful to say/has been wrong way more than right/didn't he beat his wife?) Along with Melnick's daily boomer rants the station has, in my opinion, become unbelievably bad.

Genuine question, all of your posts are about how much you hate this guy and that guy and this guest and that guest, but you still know about all the new guys so that leads me to believe you listen. But if you hate it so much, why do you listen?

Reactions: Redux91

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Genuine question, all of your posts are about how much you hate this guy and that guy and this guest and that guest, but you still know about all the new guys so that leads me to believe you listen. But if you hate it so much, why do you listen?

I don't anymore. The last spot I listened to was Melnick's last McGuire interview. I heard these clowns all of last year and it made me stop listening to pretty much every hit outside of the odd marinaro rant or when Melnick didn't have amateur hour guests.

I supported Team 990 when they were getting shut down more than most and think I have a right to speak up when the quality of the broadcast craters over a 12 month period

Regardless, you're right. I strongly dislike the new hosts incompetent guests and the general direction of the station towards amateur hackery. I won't comment anymore on this thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't anymore. The last spot I listened to was Melnick's last McGuire interview. I heard these clowns all of last year and it made me stop listening to pretty much every hit outside of the odd marinaro rant or when Melnick didn't have amateur hour guests.

I supported Team 990 when they were getting shut down more than most and think I have a right to speak up when the quality of the broadcast craters over a 12 month period

Regardless, you're right. I strongly dislike the new hosts incompetent guests and the general direction of the station towards amateur hackery. I won't comment anymore on this thread

You're free to post (or not if you don't want to). It was a genuine question I had.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Non sports related but Simon Tsalikis just admitted he pees sitting down on air. Thought it was worth mentioning lol

Guess he doesn't have these type toilets:dunno:
upload_2021-9-14_8-45-16.jpeg

Reactions: WickedPegJets

HabsHammer

Oct 15, 2019
As a UK Montreal fan, I listen to 690 religiously but have found the past few months unbearable. I know he gets a lot of criticism, but when McKenna is on the Morning Show, I can find myself listening to the whole show and being entertained throughout. Whereas since he’s been on paternity and Sean Starr being away, it’s is some of the worst and most childish, amateurish broadcasting I’ve ever heard!

Don’t get me started on TM!

Reactions: jackeymoon

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
As a UK Montreal fan, I listen to 690 religiously but have found the past few months unbearable. I know he gets a lot of criticism, but when McKenna is on the Morning Show, I can find myself listening to the whole show and being entertained throughout. Whereas since he’s been on paternity and Sean Starr being away, it’s is some of the worst and most childish, amateurish broadcasting I’ve ever heard!

You want to see the quality of marinero, all you had to do is listen when he took over the broadcast sat afternoon when kk was not matched and habs traded for dvorak.
He went on for over 15 minutes talking about who habd should get and ramble and say he checking news and nothing yet while in fact the habs had announced the trade via all media 15 minutes earlier.
he was so caught up in his monologue he forgot that all listeners can see the fact live and that his made up news or lack off dont pass

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You want to see the quality of marinero, all you had to do is listen when he took over the broadcast sat afternoon when kk was not matched and habs traded for dvorak.
He went on for over 15 minutes talking about who habd should get and ramble and say he checking news and nothing yet while in fact the habs had announced the trade via all media 15 minutes earlier.
he was so caught up in his monologue he forgot that all listeners can see the fact live and that his made up news or lack off dont pass
To be fair that was the master control's dude f***up, he was supposed to let Marinaro know that a trade happened.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace

I can't listen to any of TSN690 clowns. I listen to TalkSport. Some great radio personalities there.

Last edited:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

Agree 100%. The new crew they've attempted to push sound like a bunch of drunken "woke" frat boys . Zero originality or personality. The Coors Light of Radio

Reactions: Corson27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Something about the way John Still enunciates that makes me unable to listen to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad