TSN McKenzie's Top 15 Rankings, NHL Draft Lottery Edition

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I can see Blackhawks, Ducks and CBJ going D.

Montreal will take Lindstrom, Flames will take Iginla if he's there. I think Seattle, Ottawa and Buffalo prioritize defense. Eiserman goes to NJ
Jackets seem to be pretty heavy with quality D prospects,

Would be stupid for the Devils to go for a Holtz Jr, yeah Eiserman beat Caufield's record but Cole can at least skate.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Jackets seem to be pretty heavy with quality D prospects,

Would be stupid for the Devils to go for a Holtz Jr, yeah he beat Caufield's record but Cole can at least skate.
Yeah that's the one I'm least confident about "maybe" going D. But looks like Svozil, Cuelemons aren't really taking the next steps as quickly as I thought.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah that's the one I'm least confident about "maybe" going D. But looks like Svozil, Cuelemons aren't really taking the next steps as quickly as I thought.
Jiricek can't really do much other then complain but He did voice frustration on not staying with the Jackets for the full season which is rare coming from such a young player. :dunno:

Reactions: Sombastate

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Well Ceulemans isn't really a factor, but Svozil is still progressing well, still looking like a potential middle pair guy. Then you've got Mateychuk also on the left side. Only so many spots there on top of Werenski.

On the right side they've got some big contracts along with Jiricek. I don't think the Jackets have any particular positional issue.

spfan

May 4, 2009
A RHD wouldn't be a bad thing. Like you said, Ceulemans not really progressing that well.

But getting Lindstrom, Catton would also be good. Fantilli is a great start. Brindley is good too. Johnson isn't a sure thing as a long term Center. and Already kinda seems like questions on if he's gonna be there long term in general. Even Eiserman might be a good pick for them.

Reactions: Sombastate

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
I think we should draft the best player.
We stand a much better chance of landing a top 6 RW with the 14th pick, than we do a 1c or 2c.
Yes, but that’s why I was hoping we trade up if none of the 2nd-5th ranked defense prospects falls to 14. All of them are likely going top 10.

Last edited:

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Yes, but that’s why I was hoping we trade up if none of the 2nd or 3rd ranked defense prospects falls to 14. Both are likely going top 10.
We will still have picks 33&42. I'd either see who's dropping and trade up then or just use them both on D prospects.
I'm not a big draftnik but it seems there's not a lot of separation in D prospects once you get past the top 5 or 6 Defenders.
I'm hoping for MBN or Sennecke at 14.
Scoring Celebrini and another 200 ft forward would do wonders for our overall team D

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I can see Blackhawks, Ducks and CBJ going D.

Montreal will take Lindstrom, Flames will take Iginla if he's there. I think Seattle, Ottawa and Buffalo prioritize defense. Eiserman goes to NJ
CBJ could get something from Mtl who might be way more interested in Lindstrom/Demidov than any d or Iginla.
And still get their dman at 5.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
You're kind of proving a point I have about this center discussion - that folks have a needless fixation on putting the best player at center.

As for Jack Hughes, he's effectively spent much of his career with Erik Haula and others doing much of the center duties for him, even though Hughes is always labeled the center. Perhaps Hughes has it figured out now though, I don't know. People are very obsessed with who is at center, but seemingly mostly obsessed with who is labeled center, and less interested in who is actually doing center things.
Thank you for having enough understanding of the game to see this. Sometimes I feel like nobody on this site actually watches hockey and recognizes what is going on.

Hughes does not play like a center even though he takes face offs. He is extremely sheltered and put into positions where he can use his skill to succeed. As major said he is like a winger who takes faceoffs.

Reactions: majormajor

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Late riser cause of his play in the playoffs and people wanting to be the smartest guy in the room syndrome.:sarcasm::naughty:
Iginla is a riser too, in fact both Iginla and Sennecke were pretty much seen mid-teens in bob’s january list. If Iginla is seen like a guy that can go as high as 5th overall i don’t see why Sennecke wouldn’t be in the conversation also.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Iginla is a riser too, in fact both Iginla and Sennecke were pretty much seen mid-teens in bob’s january list. If Iginla is seen like a guy that can go as high as 5th overall i don’t see why Sennecke wouldn’t be in the conversation also.
Iginla is 7 months younger and right close to the weight he should be for his height.

Sennecke is a bean pole with a late growth spurt, Going to be awhile for him to hit his target weight, until then he will be easily pushed off the puck.

I guess for the Habs it's whether or not they feel like waiting a extra year or two for perhaps the better player or go for the NHL ready or one year of seasoning players.

New front office but the organization and the fanbase has never been very good about letting their 1st rounders marinate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad