UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
Sky's the limit with Irving if he wants you bad enough, unlike other teams the only one he has to answer to is himself.

Gards certainly has the work ethic, and installs the same in his team, that fits in the Irving mold.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The CW used to have a prominent group of coaches going pro:
- Mike Babcock
- Wayne Fleming
- Clare Drake
- George Kingston
- Dave King

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Off topic but is the UNB bookstore website the only place you can order UNB apparel? I remember talking to a fan before last season who ordered a UNB UCup Champions shirt online. They had a few on sale at the games once the season was under way but all the adult sizes were gone.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
They had some available to order online just after the UCup this year…similar to last year (I got one then but missed the deadline this year…think they were only available for a week or two).

I believe it was through U Sports though as there were ones for other sports as well.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
They had some available to order online just after the UCup this year…similar to last year (I got one then but missed the deadline this year…think they were only available for a week or two).

I believe it was through U Sports though as there were ones for other sports as well.
Yeah I ordered a shirt and hoodie and they were only available until March.31st

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I would love you see them have some more and different clothing options though (especially retro stuff with the Devils logo)…or even posters/pictures…that kind of thing. Especially in wake of the perfect season.

I think last year was a step in the right direction as I recall they had some new stuff I hadn’t previously seen.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I would love you see them have some more and different clothing options though (especially retro stuff with the Devils logo)…or even posters/pictures…that kind of thing. Especially in wake of the perfect season.

I think last year was a step in the right direction as I recall they had some new stuff I hadn’t previously seen.
If I could get my hands on anything I want one of the game worn white sweaters they wore from 02/03 - December 2006. I cringe every time I see someone walking in a nacho cheese covered one lol. Definitely the jersey missing from my collection I most want lol.

I’d love a SnapBack with the red devil logo, most of the hats they’ve sold have the school Reds logo.

Reactions: Rob

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I have one of those hats. I remember they had a pop-up online store maybe 8-10 years ago with a few different items you couldn’t get anywhere else, that hat being one of them. I remember it was quite expensive (at the time for a basic hat) + the shipping took forever lol.

While we’re on the subject of clothing/jerseys. I used to like the black jerseys with the “New Brunswick” script going diagonally down the front. It’s been a number of years now since I recall them being worn so I presume they’ve been taken out of circulation.

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I have one of those hats. I remember they had a pop-up online store maybe 8-10 years ago with a few different items you couldn’t get anywhere else, that hat being one of them. I remember it was quite expensive (at the time for a basic hat) + the shipping took forever lol.

While we’re on the subject of clothing/jerseys. I used to like the black jerseys with the “New Brunswick” script going diagonally down the front. It’s been a number of years now since I recall them being worn so I presume they’ve been taken out of circulation.
I would like to see the University put out "Back to Back" merchandise. Not sure if they do it or that has to come from Usports?

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach

All of UNB’s 3rd jerseys have been better than the primaries I’ve found.. I’m also a sucker for black. They were selling custom replicas of those in 2011 I believe , pretty sure I’m the only person in Fredericton who custom ordered a Ben Wright jersey.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
From Jeff Marek:

QMJHL News - Sounds like UNB's Gardiner McDougall will be the next head coach of the Moncton Wildcats, with his son Taylor MacDougall taking over the GM position. Taylor, who is considered a major up-and-comer, had been working as an agent with Roy Sports Group.
Sounds like those early rumors are going to prove to be true.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Sounds like those early rumors are going to prove to be true.
From Kevin Barrett on Twitter:

Expect clarity in the coaching jobs at UNB and Moncton Wildcats beginning today. UNB has scheduled a press conference for 5:30 at the Aitken Centre.

Men's hockey team members and University officials will be on hand for a special announcement regarding the leadership of the Reds’ men’s hockey program.

Reactions: timbitca

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Hoping they stream this, was pretty last minute, not sure if I can make it.

Edit- rearranged my night , so guess off to a press conference I go lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad