Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hey friends, I live out near Philly and am thinking of getting tix to Wednesday's game to watch Ovi and McDavid. How's the traffic around there that time of night? I live about 2 hrs 15 min from DC with no traffic. Should I give myself like 3 and half hours to get to Capital One? So leave at like 3:30-4?

I’d plan on arriving at the arena no later than 530. Earlier if you want to eat before.

check Waze.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Hey friends, I live out near Philly and am thinking of getting tix to Wednesday's game to watch Ovi and McDavid. How's the traffic around there that time of night? I live about 2 hrs 15 min from DC with no traffic. Should I give myself like 3 and half hours to get to Capital One? So leave at like 3:30-4?

I think you need to give yourself way more time than that. Expect a lot of traffic on 95/495.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I think you need to give yourself way more time than that. Expect a lot of traffic on 95/495.
I would be taking 83 and 695 if it makes any difference. Coming about an hour and 10 West from Philly.

I lucked into the tickets because a buddy isn't immunized. It's looking like 4:00 is about the earliest I'll be able to leave here without doing some rescheduling of life. You think that's not quite enough?

Reactions: TheLegendOfPatPeake

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I would be taking 83 and 695 if it makes any difference. Coming about an hour and 10 West from Philly.

I lucked into the tickets because a buddy isn't immunized. It's looking like 4:00 is about the earliest I'll be able to leave here without doing some rescheduling of life. You think that's not quite enough?

I'd be shocked if that's early enough....

Reactions: DancingPanther

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

If you want to avoid all the in-town traffic you can take Metro instead. Park at the Greenbelt metro stop Northeast of town and take the green/yellow line. There's a stop right at the arena.

There's plenty of parking at metro, but it does cost a few dollars.

Metrorail | WMATA

I used to do that when I lived in Baltimore, and thought it worked pretty well.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Must do metro. Youll need to buy a pass.
Greenbelt is a good call, big parking lot right off 495. I do Silver Spring and there is the Silver Branch Brewery right there, great beers, good food. There are a bazillion food places around the arena but it can be overwhelming picking a spot, finding a table etc.
No purses.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Traffic hasn’t been terrible (relatively speaking for the area) but you’re trying to get through both Baltimore and DC and either one can be a nightmare let alone both. If you can leave at 4:00 you may get there right at 7:00 but that’s probably not taking parking into consideration.

Metro is best and echoing Greenbelt as a good option. I grew up in a suburb of Baltimore and we’d drive to Greenbelt and take the Metro in whenever we went into DC. Huge parking lot and very convenient to 95; it’s literally right off the highway. Good luck!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Traffic hasn’t been terrible (relatively speaking for the area) but you’re trying to get through both Baltimore and DC and either one can be a nightmare let alone both. If you can leave at 4:00 you may get there right at 7:00 but that’s probably not taking parking into consideration.

Metro is best and echoing Greenbelt as a good option. I grew up in a suburb of Baltimore and we’d drive to Greenbelt and take the Metro in whenever we went into DC. Huge parking lot and very convenient to 95; it’s literally right off the highway. Good luck!
Is the metro like a subway where you can get a ticket at the station or is it more like Amtrak where I should buy a ticket ahead of time?

I'm seeing trains come every 20ish minutes so it seems like it's kind of like the regional rail in Philly, somewhere "in between" Amtrak and public transit subways

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is the metro like a subway where you can get a ticket at the station or is it more like Amtrak where I should buy a ticket ahead of time?

I'm seeing trains come every 20ish minutes so it seems like it's kind of like the regional rail in Philly, somewhere "in between" Amtrak and public transit subways
You can buy a ticket at the station just like at a subway station. There are automated card dispensers before the entrance which are easy to use. Rookie mistake to avoid: load enough money on the card to cover the fare of a round trip so you’re not stuck trying to fight the crowds to reload your card after the game.

The station you’ll want to get off at is Gallery Place-Chinatown which is literally underneath the arena and both of your stops are on the Green line so no need to transfer. The trains are running every 20 minutes or so because the Metro has been horribly mismanaged for years and it came to a head during Covid but it’ll still get you there.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Going up the long metro escalator to the street level, with the go go buckets going and explosion of life and energy, is one of the cooler stadium walk ups. You go from the relatively quiet metro to a zillion people in caps gear bustling around, vendors yelling vendor things, everyone is happy.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Ovy out tonight….stings but you still get McDavid.

SoulessGingerCapsFan

Jul 5, 2013
Not a visitor… but I am looking for two tickets for my dad and I for next Tuesday’s game against the flyers. Hoping to sit down low if possible. Anyone here have two to sell at a semi-reasonable price?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad