GDT: WCQF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 21st | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Nine Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Lafferty to the 1st. Interesting.

I doubt it lasts ... but, Lafferty has 2 goals in the last 20 games and Mikheyev has 1 goal ... double the production!

It's too late now, but I'd have liked to have tried Suter on Pettersson's week, at least he's a top-nine player, unlike these other guys. That leaves PDG back with Miller-Boeser though, probably.

Also, please stop listing the Pettersson line as the top-line. This hasn't been the case for quite a while. It's probably not even the second line, honestly.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I doubt it lasts ... but, Lafferty has 2 goals in the last 20 games and Mikheyev has 1 goal ... double the production!

It's too late now, but I'd have liked to have tried Suter on Pettersson's week, at least he's a top-nine player, unlike these other guys. That leaves PDG back with Miller-Boeser though, probably.

Also, please stop listing the Pettersson line as the top-line. This hasn't been the case for quite a while. It's probably not even the second line, honestly.
I actually don't mind Suter at all with Boeser and Miller, I've noticed he frees up JT to be a little more aggressive offensively since Suter is a natural center and a reliable 2-way forward with more skill than a guy like Lafferty. That line has had some solid games together.

It really does feel like this team lacks another top 6 winger if they want 3 scoring lines.

Hoglander - Petey - xxxxx
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Mikheyev and Lafferty just aren't those guys, I don't think Pod is either. PDG definitely isn't,

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I forgot what it was like to be excited for the playoffs
IMG_0189.gif

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I actually don't mind Suter at all with Boeser and Miller, I've noticed he frees up JT to be a little more aggressive offensively since Suter is a natural center and a reliable 2-way forward with more skill than a guy like Lafferty. That line has had some solid games together.

It really does feel like this team lacks another top 6 winger if they want 3 scoring lines.

Hoglander - Petey - xxxxx
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Mikheyev and Lafferty just aren't those guys, I don't think Pod is either. PDG definitely isn't,

I like that Miller line as well, but Pettersson needs another quality winger more than Miller-Boeser, I'd say. It's too late and we're likely sticking with that topline now, but I'd have liked to see Suter tried with Pettersson at some point when we were doing all the line-blending. 1st, 3rd and 4th line are all pretty good at this point.

And yes, Lafferty, PDG and Mikheyev all belong on a 4th line since over the last 30+ games they've generated basically no offense.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Their bottom 6 is very much playoff built. Big, physical, fast checking forwards that all play with a bunch of bite and snarl.

Evangelista is their pest like Garland is for us. Novak had 5 hits all season in 70 games, soft as butter not worried about him. Their defense is physical, not big, but have two high volume hitters back there. Top 5 defenseman and a top 5 shutdown defensemen. And a first line that’s as good as any.

This series is not going to be easy at all.

Plus Saros. Down year for him, but could be trouble for us if he finds his game again.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I actually like moving up Lafferty for game 1. Plays a straight line game and I’m certain the message to the entire team is to crash and bang every single chance you get.

PDG for Pod is a head scratcher. I have a feeling Tocchet wants no mistakes and might not trust Pod right now. Might see him do a last minute switcheroo like he does

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I like Podz over PDG in the bottom six, but I guess Tocchet wanted experience.

Lafferty has had his legs under him recently - hard to see him being more of an offensive void than Mikheyev has been.

I actually like moving up Lafferty for game 1. Plays a straight line game and I’m certain the message to the entire team is to crash and bang every single chance you get.

PDG for Pod is a head scratcher. I have a feeling Tocchet wants no mistakes and might not trust Pod right now. Might see him do a last minute switcheroo like he does

Podz will almost certainly draw back in sooner than later.

Remember how Tocchet did something similar with Hoglander earlier in the year, I've a feeling Tocchet's gonna give some extra attention to Podz to help him have a much larger impact when he draws back into the line-up.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Lafferty to the 1st. Interesting.
hes been doing well the last couple of games. fast speedy can get in on the forecheck. im sure hes pumped up to get the game going. he will be one of the x factors for vancouver. IMO.

All year the team has been screaming for a winger, and somehow we are going fully healthy into the playoffs with both Laff and Suter in the top 6.
had vancouver aquired another top 6 forward like monohan before the lindholm trade. van could be in good hands.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
An Anthony Duclair or Tyler Toffoli would’ve made me so much more confident in a real run
I get the three top Centers deployment it makes sense strategically but Reallyunfortunate we couldn't afford one winger, especially with a legit path to atleast wcf.

If Lafferty can't keep up put suter with EP, and PDG back with jtm & brockstar.

If almost all of us can see it surely the FO does too, and with miks constant demotions I can't imagine they don't move on from him this summer.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I get the three top Centers deployment it makes sense strategically but Reallyunfortunate we couldn't afford one winger, especially with a legit path to atleast wcf.

If almost all of us can see it surely the FO does too, and with miks constant demotions I can't imagine they don't move on from him this summer.
it will be our downfall. but whatever. save that talk for offseason. let the games BEGIN x factors has to be petterson and lindholm because of the price we paid him for.

Reactions: wonton15 and Flik

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

That line had what two good games against the Oilers early and then was hot garbage the rest of the season.

Reactions: Indiana

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Like that Lafferty and Hoglander are re-united. I think Pettersson and Lindholm should swap wingers though. Also Juulsen > Cole. But whatever can’t wait for game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad