GDT: WCQF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 21st | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Nine Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
it will be our downfall. but whatever. save that talk for offseason. let the games BEGIN x factors has to be petterson and lindholm because of the price we paid him for.
I think so too, I'd be way more excited about a real chance to go all the way with even a bjugstad tier fwd upgrade for playoffs.
But with some luck and health there's a chance and a path.

Really it's just a bit surreal rn, like Vector idk what to even think or feel or comment on. The expectations were just so far exceeded, the Division title is pretty huge, and it's kinda just been glossed over.

It's hard to focus on this postseason, I'm dying for an offseason thread because this entire playoffs feels like found money. And next year should be a step forward still, competitive wise.

The best part is no matter what happens this year, one round or more, the experience gained by the whole team will be invaluable, and the fire it's going to light for Hughes (everyones) desire to win even stronger should pay off big for this team.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I think so too, I'd be way more excited about a real chance to go all the way with even a bjugstad tier fwd upgrade for playoffs.
But with some luck and health there's a chance and a path.

Really it's just a bit surreal rn, like Vector idk what to even think or feel or comment on. The expectations were just so far exceeded, the Division title is pretty huge, and it's kinda just been glossed over.

It's hard to focus on this postseason, I'm dying for an offseason thread because this entire playoffs feels like found money. And next year should be a step forward still, competitive wise.

The best part is no matter what happens this year, one round or more, the experience gained by the whole team will be invaluable, and the fire it's going to light for Hughes (everyones) desire to win even stronger should pay off big for this team.
i think vancouver could make it to the third round and fall to a superior team like dallas or winnipeg. good for experience and come back next year even hungrier and hopefully with more offensive weapons at their disposal. all in all the goals were met. expectations succeded. make the playoffs was the goal from day 1 at camp. 3rd banner division winners since 2013? now first playoff in almost nine years is an acommplishment to this season.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm in the same boat, what do we even talk about? I guess I'm glad there's no long break between the regular season and the start of the playoffs. It all begins tomorrow and I'm so excited

Demko's health and the fact he's only had two games to get playoff ready, Tochhet's inability to find a permanent winger for the Pettersson line, and Podz being scratched for PDG seem like good talking points.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I actually like moving up Lafferty for game 1. Plays a straight line game and I’m certain the message to the entire team is to crash and bang every single chance you get.

PDG for Pod is a head scratcher. I have a feeling Tocchet wants no mistakes and might not trust Pod right now. Might see him do a last minute switcheroo like he does
Well tbf, PDD scored a pretty sweet goal against NSH
One hand deke and shit

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Thank the old gods and the new that this game is tomorrow. That way we don’t have to watch the Leafs if the game goes to overtime or have all the intermission talk be about the Leafs. Not that I really listen to the intermission anymore unless it’s Bieksa.

Reactions: Indiana

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Thank the old gods and the new that this game is tomorrow. That way we don’t have to watch the Leafs if the game goes to overtime or have all the intermission talk be about the Leafs. Not that I really listen to the intermission anymore unless it’s Bieksa.

But Leafs coverage draws the ratings!

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Does anyone have a Sportsnet+ subscription and know how it works?

I am going to be in Europe for the end of the first round and most of a potential second round (not getting ahead of ourselves). It looks like you can watch completed games after the fact?

I am going to be 9 hours ahead so game times would be 3-4am.

Looks like a monthly subscription is pretty easy. Hopefully can use the app without seeing the scores anywhere.

Thanks!

Reactions: Indiana

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Does anyone have a Sportsnet+ subscription and know how it works?

I am going to be in Europe for the end of the first round and most of a potential second round (not getting ahead of ourselves). It looks like you can watch completed games after the fact?

I am going to be 9 hours ahead so game times would be 3-4am.

Looks like a monthly subscription is pretty easy. Hopefully can use the app without seeing the scores anywhere.

Thanks!
I have one I watch on my tv. But I live in the lower mainland. Pay 40$ a month can watch any game on any night. Feed is 90% buffers once and a while. You can re-watch games not sure how long after 24 hours or longer?

The home menu doesn't have a box score unless you go looking for it I believe.

Reactions: Bonham

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I have one I watch on my tv. But I live in the lower mainland. Pay 40$ a month can watch any game on any night. Feed is 90% buffers once and a while. You can re-watch games not sure how long after 24 hours or longer?

The home menu doesn't have a box score unless you go looking for it I believe.
Awesome, thank you.

It looks like you can replay for up to 24 hours perhaps. I believe today's games are on there for replay.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is not an exaggeration.

I have waited my entire life to go to a playoff hockey game, and I’m finally going.🥹

This is a dream come true for me, and I’m going to embrace every single moment during the game, good or bad, feel the energy and the atmosphere, and just have hopefully the most incredible time.

I can’t wait

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver

I have waited my entire life to go to a playoff hockey game, and I’m finally going.🥹

This is a dream come true for me, and I’m going to embrace every single moment during the game, good or bad, feel the energy and the atmosphere, and just have hopefully the most incredible time.

I can’t wait

Enjoy brother

p.s. I think we met years ago at a Canucks event at a Boston Pizza lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Enjoy brother

p.s. I think we met years ago at a Canucks event at a Boston Pizza lol
I don’t think it was me, I don’t remember ever going to Boston Pizza for a Canucks event.

Thanks for the nice comment though!

Reactions: DFAC

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

I can’t wait

I'll be there as well. First time for me too. Either going to wear my Pettersson skate jersey or buy a new Hughes jersey with the C and playoff patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad