Buffalo Bills Week 4: Bills @ Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Amazon broadcast finally have the balls to show last weeks concussion and talk about it.

Cincy not putting away the Fins here going to haunt them ?

It's pretty fascinating what Al will bring up in his old age these days. He just went out of his way to allude to the spread as the game was ending. Gotta love a guy who doesn't eat vegetables.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Tua being discharged and will likely be travelling with the team home.

I thought airplanes and concussions didn't mix well?
Apparently that's based on brain bleeds, and if you're cleared of that it's not a problem? I don't know. I can't even imagine him being released tonight with how he looked on the field.....didn't they keep Jackson overnight to observe?

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Dude I'm real sick of watching you question guys for missing games for injury. Is Oliver your new scapegoat now that Star's gone? For all you know the coaching/ training staff kept him out.

Still frame doesn't show the guy crashing in from the outside that made him cut in to avoid the tackle. He had no chance to get OB after that.

Well glad to see Ed is back and ready to go this week!

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It seems insane that they're rushing Tua to get back on a plane. I'd think the changes in altitude/pressure wouldn't be good for someone who just suffered a concussion

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Well glad to see Ed is back and ready to go this week!
Wait...he isn't? And Phillips wasn't even on the field to practice?

I'm not a debbie downer by trade, I just think our D-Line has a real knack for taking games off. Of course I hated Star for last season. He was a fantastic football player who didn't care enough to be out there.

I get your point and I'll try and cool it but good grief, our D-linemen are either suffering an eternal injury bug or we aren't giving them the correct standard for what is and is not a playable injury. This is several years in the making now.

It seems insane that they're rushing Tua to get back on a plane. I'd think the changes in altitude/pressure wouldn't be good for someone who just suffered a concussion

It's Miami. They have no idea what they're doing. That's asking for a serious health issue if he's not 100 percent cleared. Flores was a dick and wrong about some things but his criticisms of Miami's organizational issues were just swept under the rug.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex

I'm not a debbie downer by trade, I just think our D-Line has a real knack for taking games off. Of course I hated Star for last season. He was a fantastic football player who didn't care enough to be out there.

I get your point and I'll try and cool it but good grief, our D-linemen are either suffering an eternal injury bug or we aren't giving them the correct standard for what is and is not a playable injury. This is several years in the making now.

It's Miami. They have no idea what they're doing. That's asking for a serious health issue if he's not 100 percent cleared. Flores was a dick and wrong about some things but his criticisms of Miami's organizational issues were just swept under the rug.
Ed might be back, Phillips is out, it takes 3-4 weeks for a hamstring to properly heal.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Dude, stop. This is really not a good look with what just happened tonight. We should all be thankful the Bills are generally careful in regards to injuries.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Apparently that's based on brain bleeds, and if you're cleared of that it's not a problem? I don't know. I can't even imagine him being released tonight with how he looked on the field.....didn't they keep Jackson overnight to observe?

Exactly. It's bizarre. I don't know how you can clear the man of everything after what happened tonight, compounded by 5 days prior. This is getting close to Philly/Lindros levels of ineptitude.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Ed might be back, Phillips is out, it takes 3-4 weeks for a hamstring to properly heal.

If Ed is back I'll be stunned and own my absolute loser self here.

With that said, he isn't coming back on Sunday. Just like Tre isn't coming back the minute he's off the IR. These guys are in no hurry.

But if they do, I'll do something drastic and delete my account or change my profile to me crying or something. I've got that parlayed with Tage Thompson sucking this season so I'll likely be gone sooner than later.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I hate that I'm wondering this, but in light of the news he's being released and not even kept overnight, I have to: I wonder if the doctors treating him were informed of what happened last Sunday, given that the official story was that injury was not at all head related....

Reactions: buffalowing88

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Lets get to Sunday but if that's the case then I stand corrected. I could see Poyer and Morse playing through injury. Not so much Oliver.
If Oliver can't play, I trust both the team's doctors and Oliver's commitment enough that I will know it is in both the team's best long term interest as well as Oliver's that he not play.

And it's f***ing gross the way you pile on these players about not playing through injury like you have any idea what the severity of their injuries are or any idea about the danger of re-injuring and making it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad