Proposal: Wild/Bold Islanders Hockey trade this Offseason - What's Yours?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Assuming there will be changes this offseason - What is a bold/wild trade the Isles could make this offseason that would seriously shake things up?
Please consider NMC & NTC as well as cap implications -

I'll start -

Trevor Zegras, C, 24 (in May) 2 y @ 5.75 and will be an RFA
for
Noah Dobson, D, 24, 1 y @ 4 AAV and will be an RFA

A Nelson trade follows to a contender for futures - i.e. Detroit for Axel Sandin Pellika as the key to the trade... future PP QB
LL signs someone like GHOST to man the PP or Trades for Chychrun to man the PP

What's Yours?

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Assuming there will be changes this offseason - What is a bold/wild trade the Isles could make this offseason that would seriously shake things up?
Please consider NMC & NTC as well as cap implications -

I'll start -

for

A Nelson trade follows to a contender for futures - i.e. Detroit for Axel Sandin Pellika as the key to the trade... future PP QB

What's Yours?
Bold but actually Dobbers is the last person I would trade on the Isles...

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I would hold onto Dobson at all costs and def not for Zegras. I would absolutely love to bring in Nylander or Marner if Toronto deems them tradable.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Assuming there will be changes this offseason -
for

What's Yours?

I was going to say that your Dobson proposal won’t be received well but I guess that ground has already been covered.

Here is a fun fact. Detroit’s “future PP QB” was a recent draft pick. One of those mid first rounders that reportedly aren’t worth much. What’s the origin of that pick?

Trading Dobson would be monumentally stupid.
Couldn’t agree more with that. While I’m not advocating, actively shopping Dobson, it would be pretty interesting to see what type of talent other teams would be willing to give up for him. Zegras doesn’t come close.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I would trade Dobson, but not for Zegras.
For who?

I was going to say that your Dobson proposal won’t be received well but I guess that ground has already been covered.

Here is a fun fact. Detroit’s “future PP QB” was a recent draft pick. One of those mid first rounders that reportedly aren’t worth much. What’s the origin of that pick?

Couldn’t agree more with that. While I’m not advocating, actively shopping Dobson, it would be pretty interesting to see what type of talent other teams would be willing to give up for him. Zegras doesn’t come close.
And yes, Pellika was Isles 1st round pick traded for Horvat. The Nelson deal would be Pellika plus 2024 1st or 2025 1st.

Who does?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Trading Dobson would be monumentally stupid.
Probably, it is desperate. if you don't trade Dobson, it goes back to the most likely Pageau or Nelson and pretty much everything stays the same. Let me be clear, not advocating for Dobson to go out the door - just exploring

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
May be, but Chychrun has hinted he’s gonna explore UFA. Only a matter of time
If/when Tkachuk asks out.

So, get cost and term certainty with Barzal/Pulock or Pelech.
It would take Ottawa being completely spineless to cut bait like that.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It would take Ottawa being completely spineless to cut bait like that.
They’ve been humming being the ‘next team’ to take the next step, yet it ain’t happening. They either need to make some additions or make adjustments to their current roster.

I highly doubt Tkachuk re-ups there as a UFA considering he sees what his brother’s situation is.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
For who?

And yes, Pellika was Isles 1st round pick traded for Horvat. The Nelson deal would be Pellika plus 2024 1st or 2025 1st.

Who does?
I'm not sure if there's a trade that even exists. It would have to be a highly skilled forward of the same age or younger to make sense.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I'm not sure if there's a trade that even exists. It would have to be a highly skilled forward of the same age or younger to make sense.
Isn't that Zegras? off-year and injured for most of the year.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Isn't that Zegras? off-year and injured for most of the year.
I don’t think Zegras is good enough. It would have to be a player like Tkachuk to make up for the fact that we’re trading a RD for a forward.

I would do pretty much anything besides trading Dobson to pry Nylander away from Toronto. I honestly think that’s a fair trade in a vacuum, but doesn’t make sense given how little leverage they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad