Proposal: Wild/Bold Islanders Hockey trade this Offseason - What's Yours?

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
If it's a "wild" proposal you are looking for then we are talking about "Kiril the Thrill". Lou reminds Guerin it was him that got him on the 96 World Cup Team and it is time to collect.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Lamoriello for Dubas makes us younger and faster . . .

In reality,

Pelech
Pageau
Wally
Jeffries
for
Nylander
Liljegren

Reactions: iggy

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I don’t think Zegras is good enough. It would have to be a player like Tkachuk to make up for the fact that we’re trading a RD for a forward.

I would do pretty much anything besides trading Dobson to pry Nylander away from Toronto. I honestly think that’s a fair trade in a vacuum, but doesn’t make sense given how little leverage they have.
I wouldn't call Zegras a prospect after Two 60-point seasons - one injury-plagued season on a BAD team, could be an aberration.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I wouldn't call Zegras a prospect after Two 60-point seasons - one injury-plagued season on a BAD team, could be an aberration.
I don't think I understand what you're saying? I didn't call him I prospect, I just think the value of Zegras for Dobson isn't fair for us.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If it's a "wild" proposal you are looking for then we are talking about "Kiril the Thrill". Lou reminds Guerin it was him that got him on the 96 World Cup Team and it is time to collect.
I would KILL to have him here either way but there is no way the Wild lose him. No chance in hell.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I don’t think Zegras is good enough. It would have to be a player like Tkachuk to make up for the fact that we’re trading a RD for a forward.

I would do pretty much anything besides trading Dobson to pry Nylander away from Toronto. I honestly think that’s a fair trade in a vacuum, but doesn’t make sense given how little leverage they have.

Nylander's Migraines worry me too much....
Great Player otherwise

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Re: Nelson:
I'll stand firm that if Nelson is moved, he's not going for anything less than what Horvat cost us.

There will be a current U25 NHLer, a top prospect, and a 1st rounder - at the bare minimum.

No reason to accept anything less.

Of course, his trade value was likely higher at the TDL this past season.

PS) I sure don't see Zegras as being a Lou type...

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Throw another one out:

Nelson and Bolduc to Minnesota for their 1st (#13) and Heidt

Then draft Greentree, Freij and Bednarik with the 2 1sts and the 2nd

@Chapin Landvogt , like that haul?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
One has to also think Roy, even though plucked from being ostracized, isn’t really up for going backwards, ie rebuild.

Reposition/retool seems more like the plan.

Also, Canadian media keeps refreshing Hunter’s name out there about rejoining Lou.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
The problem with the Islanders is that the only players we have that other teams would want are the players NYI can't afford to lose. The players everyone wants to trade either have no value, or have underwater contracts that would require assets to get rid of.

Most deals are futures/prospects for immediate contributors. NYI don't really have prospects but do have futures. Not sure it would be wise to keep trading them though. Other player for player deals often happen when a team has a logjam of talent at a position and is dealing from a surplus. NYI doesn't have a surplus anymore. The bottom 6 is a mess and the bottom d-pair starting in the playoffs were waiver fodder.

Reactions: The Real JT

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Maybe we could check to see if he forgets to cut his toenails too? Three goals in Game 6/7 with migraines worries you?

No, having a player with Headache problems who is eating a large chunk of Salary and is unable to play worries me. With NYI Luck, (Just Like Brett Lindros) that could be a potential problem.
I did say he was a Great Player didn't I?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Fixing the bottom 6 is pretty easy to do. They have sunsetting UFAs in those rolls. Fasching/Gauthier can be tossed into trades to free up roster space and cap, if needed.

Reactions: 12Dog

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
No, having a player with Headache problems who is eating a large chunk of Salary and is unable to play worries me. With NYI Luck, (Just Like Brett Lindros) that could be a potential problem.
I did say he was a Great Player didn't I?
Lindros was a whole different degree of issue, the comparison is not there.

This is the NHL, you don't get guarantees. You take your best shot at talent and it works or not.

So you called him a great player, but are still worried something might go wrong? Doesn't work that way.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Fixing the bottom 6 is pretty easy to do. They have sunsetting UFAs in those rolls. Fasching/Gauthier can be tossed into trades to free up roster space and cap, if needed.
Its gonna be fixing the bottom 6 regardlessly this offseason, and adding another defenseman.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Its gonna be fixing the bottom 6 regardlessly this offseason, and adding another defenseman.
Kinda my point. It was going to be addressed anyway due to the UFAs allegedly aging out. For people to continue to complain about it is just redundant. They went into the season knowing that was the situation. Right or wrong, I think Lou gave these guys another shot under their contract.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Kinda my point. It was going to be addressed anyway due to the UFAs allegedly aging out. For people to continue to complain about it is just redundant. They went into the season knowing that was the situation. Right or wrong, I think Lou gave these guys another shot under their contract.
I think the biggest target is still Stephenson. They need that kind of center to replace JGP should he be traded.

Reactions: Throttle

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The problem with the Islanders is is that the only players we have that other teams would want are players NYI can’t afford to lose. The players everyone wants to trade either have no value, or have underwater contracts that would require assets to get rid of.

Most deals are futures/prospects for immediate contributors. NYI don't really have prospects but do have futures. Not sure it would be wise to keep trading them though. Other player for player deals often happen when a team has a logjam of talent at a position and is dealing from a surplus. NYI doesn't have a surplus anymore. The bottom 6 is a mess and the bottom d-pair starting in the playoffs were waiver fodder.
When a team is devoid of depth, that’s the dilemma you are faced with.

As a fan, I always enjoy playoff hockey but frankly I never saw this squad as having even a remote chance at a deep run this year. Now I’m left to root for my second favorite team (whoever plays the Rags).

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Throw another one out:

Nelson and Bolduc to Minnesota for their 1st (#13) and Heidt

Then draft Greentree, Freij and Bednarik with the 2 1sts and the 2nd

@Chapin Landvogt , like that haul?

That would be pretty doggone fun. That's for sure!

Like all three of those prospects and for me, Heidt's a bigger Maccelli with Cizikas' tenacity.

Then the UFA period would get quite, quite interesting for us as well.

Reactions: leeroggy

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Lindros was a whole different degree of issue, the comparison is not there.

This is the NHL, you don't get guarantees. You take your best shot at talent and it works or not.

So you called him a great player, but are still worried something might go wrong? Doesn't work that way.
Do you know anything about Migraines?
Some people get them chronic, and yes A Concussion can complicate that issue.
If you cannot respect being cautious then "What-Ever' as Dice Clay used to say....

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Varlamov for J. Greenway.
Funny you say that, because I was thinking about the possibility that they deal Varlamov. Partly for the assets he'd return, but as much or more to eliminate any potential controversy in goal going into next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad