Injury Report: 2016-17 Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
can players be traded when injured? I didn't think they could but I could be wrong

seems like that's something I should know, but am not certain

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I wonder what affect Vatanen being injured will have on our trade negotiations before expansion.

yeah, should be interesting. Since he's apparently going to miss a bit of the season; I think it hurts Vatanen's value. that said, the plus side is that he was pretty good in the playoffs, and there's no question he was holding back because of that shoulder so that's impressive in itself.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Horton and Clarkson.

ya those LTIR guys do all the time, but I thought there was something about just regular injured guys not being able to, but im probably wrong....

I guess teams would just be nervous acquiring an injured guy cause who knows how they will heal and that's why we don't really see it

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
oh ok I thought that was cause they are on LTIR

I guess teams would just be nervous acquiring an injured guy cause who knows how they will heal

That's the thing. You can trade them, you just have to be absolutely Certain that you pass on all the medical info. The Kings and Oilers had a brouhaha over that a couple years ago.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That's the thing. You can trade them, you just have to be absolutely Certain that you pass on all the medical info. The Kings and Oilers had a brouhaha over that a couple years ago.

so it kinda seems like to me that Vatanen is going nowhere this offseason. A shoulder injury/surgery like this is very serious and im unsure a team would wanna acquire him until hes fully back healthy.

I know I would definitely not acquire a guy that just had shoulder surgery that will keep him out longer than 5 months.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
so it kinda seems like to me that Vatanen is going nowhere this offseason. A shoulder injury/surgery like this is very serious and im unsure a team would wanna acquire him until hes fully back healthy.

I know I would definitely not acquire a guy that just had shoulder surgery that will keep him out longer than 5 months.

He's under contract for a much longer period of time, was somewhat effective playing trough the injury, and is the type of player who is almost never available. Someone will take a shot.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
So this is in addition to Hampus' bum wrist right? He was still somehow the best d-man on ice every night in the playoffs. Epic.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
He's under contract for a much longer period of time, was somewhat effective playing trough the injury, and is the type of player who is almost never available. Someone will take a shot.

Possibly, but it's still a major complication that will hurt his trade value for sure. The only silver lining for a buyer is that he should come out fresh for next year's playoffs. A non-PO team will basically a pay a full year's salary for a sneak peek.

Actually he just became effectively a TD addition. Except one that you as a GM have to buy blind in advance, without seeing his shape and form post major surgery. "Complicated" is an understatement.

Someone could still bite, should even. But he won't bring the return that may have been expected.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So this is in addition to Hampus' bum wrist right? He was still somehow the best d-man on ice every night in the playoffs. Epic.

Yeah he still had that wrap on his wrist during the Preds series.

I dug up an old OCR article about when the wrist injury first came about, he injured his wrist in his third game of the year against Nashville. So he essentially played the whole year injured. Pretty impressive season given the circumstances IMO.

Edit: here's the article http://www.ocregister.com/2017/02/14/ducks-hampus-lindholm-playing-best-defense-of-his-young-career/

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

Can't say I agree there. He was pretty brutal against CGY and EDM. Played better against NSH.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can't say I agree there. He was pretty brutal against CGY and EDM. Played better against NSH.

He was great against Edmonton. He was the guy Carlyle matched up against McDavid and McDavid was much worse off whenever Lindholm was on the ice. He still got chances but far less than when he was out against our other guys.

I agree he was brutal against Calgary though.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
yeah, should be interesting. Since he's apparently going to miss a bit of the season; I think it hurts Vatanen's value. that said, the plus side is that he was pretty good in the playoffs, and there's no question he was holding back because of that shoulder so that's impressive in itself.

Yeah, it's definitely impressive he was able to play as well as he did - Hampus too.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things shake out.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Did we ever get a confirmation on Kesler's apparent injury? Didn't he also have something that was nagging him?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Guessing Hampus comes back at end of October. I could see Vatanen being out until Thanksgiving though based on Murray's comments.

Hampus's timeline puts him at late September to late October. At best he will be back for the last bit of preseason, at worst he will miss just under 10 games.

I wish we had an actual timeline on Vatanen though. I wonder how bad his was compared to Lindholms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad