Injury Report: 2016-17 Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hampus's timeline puts him at late September to late October. At best he will be back for the last bit of preseason, at worst he will miss just under 10 games.

I wish we had an actual timeline on Vatanen though. I wonder how bad his was compared to Lindholms.

yeah I said late October as that's the latter part of the range Murray gave. I think that's likely though as they'll want to play it safe with Hampus (as they should).

I agree about Vatanen. Gotta think it's much longer than Lindholm's though. Otherwise I'd assume Murray would have said Sami would be back shortly after Lindholm got back. I'm hoping he's back by Thanksgiving.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Surprised they haven't announced anything since the surgeries are done. Usually the question as to recovery time is because they don't know the extent of the damage. But now that the surgeons have gone in and repaired everything, it should be clear how long they'll be out.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Surprised they haven't announced anything since the surgeries are done. Usually the question as to recovery time is because they don't know the extent of the damage. But now that the surgeons have gone in and repaired everything, it should be clear how long they'll be out.

They were both pretty serious. How quickly the surgery heals is dependent upon many factors specific to the individual as well as the original damage. Most joints (including around the shoulder labrum) get very little blood flow. Blood flow is the key to healing. And that takes time. A few days post surgery is still a bit early to know much.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Too bad we have no local media who will follow up with him. It will be the same mystery as last year's Getzlaf injury that Bob said he would answer more questions on, a week later, but was never asked by our media people.

Given our media coverage I'm surprised we even got that article. I'm not expecting to know their actual timelines until preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad