WC: 2024 Team USA

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Glad to see the depth really start to materialize. We've got 7 guys over a point per game. But we need to make some changes in our bottom 6, they just don't feel dangerous enough at all. I would make the following tweak:

Farabee - Zegras - Brindley
Essymont - Hayes - Kunin

Brindley has been awesome, I think he deserves a promotion - he's the perfect type of guy who could really spark Zegras if we move him back to center. That 3rd line now feels like a scoring line again.

we of course got the worst qf match compared to Canada, Sweden and the Swiss...it is never easy for us here.
We got this. Team is finally starting to flex its depth muscles.

Look at how beefy our top 6F and top 4D are:

1716326440740.png

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I had a crazy thought about something I would love to see happen.

What if USA Hockey brought that years WJC team with them to the World Championships each year? Not to play but to be there as a group and watch their peers play.

Imagine the bond and culture that would lead to. Bringing our top young guys to see a tournament like this (at least have them there for 7-10 days)..obviously any player still playing couldn't come, any CHL kids in the Memorial Cup..but they could practice and scrimmage on ice against the Men's squad.

I know we have a few of those kids playing this year, but something like that would lead to more of these top kids understanding this tournament and wanting to come and return as players when they turn pro. They get to hang out with professionals like Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Nelson, Werenski, etc..

I know it would be a big expense, but if they were able to pull it off, I truly believe it would lead to years of strong showings at the WC's. To me this would be amazing to see, the benefits would be massive...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad