Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Oh did he?

Look up his gamelog to end the season and tell me why Axel or even Gus went in before him :laugh:

Adam Lowry :

View attachment 861860
A month between goals

I'd snip the other part, but it's so big it doesn't fit the screen. Regardless, he had 1 goal from January 1st to March 5th. 2 months, 1 goal.

5 goals from Jan 1st till the end of the season. But Perfetti, his 9 goals Since Jan 1st? BIG concern.

January 1st to the end of the season, all strengths :

View attachment 861863

Can't play him :laugh:

Laine wasn't anymore un-coachable than Connor, Scheifele or Ehlers were. There's just a hierarchy that every player drafted by this org needs to adhere to, regardless of the success of it. Cole's learning that now. It's not about how well he plays, it's about how much better he has to be than the players that fit the coaches brain.

Barron, Gus, Iafallo, all worse.
Cole was playing 2RW, and was expected to produce as such. You stats guys always like to point to quality of linemates as the most important factor in production. So to compare Cole vs AJF and Gus is diengenuous at best, and borderline deceptive

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I blame Rick for this way more than I ever blamed Maurice. Post 2019 Maurice never had the rosters to accomplish much. Rick had a great roster, multiple deadline additions giving him exactly what he wanted, overall a mostly healthy roster and seemingly given free reign by the GM to ignore preseason plans (Perfetti was supposed to get a run at 2C, Ville was supposed to be in the mix for a d spot).

Maybe the Jets are still in this position if the roster that was given was used appropriately but it sure doesn't inspire a lot of faith when basic resources that are obvious to the average fan are being poorly utilized, you wonder how much poor-utilization is happening with decisions that are not transparent to fans.

Anyways, post-season interviews should be interesting. I really hope the media gets a good explanation of certain things that have baffled the fanbase and Rick might actually speak the truth being on his way to retirement.

If Heinola can't make the roster next year then move him, at 23 he has done as much as he can in the A and I'm sure another team sees the potential and would take him.

Heinola is not waiver exempt after this season and if the Jets don't keep him up with the big club they will lose him for nothing on the waiver wire. No AHL for him.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Bowness said his team isn’t winning enough battles and he wants his players’ intensity to ramp up against the 2022 Stanley Cup-champion Avalanche.

“You can make all of the adjustments that you want, if the intensity and everything else isn’t there, it’s going to go for naught,” he said.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
And will lose ag
Any relation to the Maurice who's taking his Panthers to the Cup again?
After a lengthy stint wiith the Jets, Maurice saw the problem finally and left. The problem is on the ice. This team does not have the will to win, that extra effort that is required in the playoffs. It was on full display by Colorado in this series. Intestinal fortitude!

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Alright Bones I've come up with the winning formula but you have to follow it exactly to get the W.

Perfetti - Scheifele - Vilardi
Connor - Monahan - Toffoli
Niederrieter - Lambert - Ehlers
Iafallo - Lowry - Appleton

Morrissey - Demelo
Samberg - Pionk
Heinola - Schmidt

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
52-24-6 for 110 points, 4th overall in the NHL, where is that team? Colorado is a good team but at worst we should be tied up 2-2 in this series and been in every game win or lose. Bowness has his faults and its time to change coaching next year but putting all the blame on coaching for how these guys have played so far is wrong. These players, every single one of them need to look in the mirror as to why we are playing like shit .

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
OK, I think I've identified my current struggle. :)

The rationalist angry fan in me suggests that the Jets lose game 5 in epic fashion.

The hopeful fanatic in me suggests the Jets struggle and push this to game 7 and win in the first OT at 17' with Ehlers getting the game winning goal.

Where do you fit?

a. rationalist angry mofo
b. hopeful fanatic swine
c. both, depends how much coffee/cilantro I've ingested
definitely fuggin ...Eh/A

Reactions: kanadalainen

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Cole was playing 2RW, and was expected to produce as such. You stats guys always like to point to quality of linemates as the most important factor in production. So to compare Cole vs AJF and Gus is diengenuous at best, and borderline deceptive

Cole was playing 3RW, and 3LW and 4LW.

Perfetti was 12th in F for ES time on ice/GP from Jan 1st and on.

12th.

Appleton was third. Third. THIRD.

Lowry was 5th.

The only regular he was ahead of was Barron.

Expected to produce? :laugh:

7th on the team in ES P/60 though, ahead of Lowry, Appleton, Barron, Nino, Iafallo, Vilardi.

People need to stop taking the narratives the Jets org and the media crafts as fact.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm guessing he wanted speed but Perfetti brings more to the Jets than Axle that's for sure.

If he wanted speed why did he put Stanley back in ahead of Miller 🤔.

I've loved how he got the team to play a good defensive game this year but I'm f***ing baffled by him lately :laugh:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Cole was playing 3RW, and 3LW and 4LW.

Perfetti was 12th in F for ES time on ice/GP from Jan 1st and on.

12th.

Appleton was third. Third. THIRD.

Lowry was 5th.

The only regular he was ahead of was Barron.

Expected to produce? :laugh:

7th on the team in ES P/60 though, ahead of Lowry, Appleton, Barron, Nino, Iafallo, Vilardi.

People need to stop taking the narratives the Jets org and the media crafts as fact.
Appleton plays on the shut down line vs other teams best. Other teams play their best a lot. That's why apples plays a lot. He also kills penalties

I have no idea what the org's or the media's narrative is. I don't pay attention to either

But I would say that some people need to stop taking Murat and Twitter users narratives as fact also

You're also ignoring Cole's wrist injury that may have impacted his usage. But hey, doesn't fit YOUR narrative, so that's cool

Edit:
Cole average 13:35 a game this year. Only had 6 games under 10 minutes, and 3 of those were 9:45 or more

For everyone clamoring about how Dallas deploys their youth, Stankoven averaged 14:40 per game

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Appleton plays on the shut down line vs other teams best. Other teams play their best a lot. That's why apples plays a lot. He also kills penalties

I have no idea what the org's or the media's narrative is. I don't pay attention to either

But I would say that some people need to stop taking Murat and Twitter users narratives as fact also

You're also ignoring Cole's wrist injury that may have impacted his usage. But hey, doesn't fit YOUR narrative, so that's cool

He doesn't play only against the other teams best, he plays against other weaker lines as well. Unfortunately they don't score enough to deserve the ice time. The lowry line was *okay* against top lines but thrived when they played the weaker competition, because they're a good group of players but aren't elite. That was also ES time on ice, no PK or PP involved.

I don't need Murat or twitter to see what's wrong. Murat has been slow on the draw and is too much of a nice guy. It's been pointed out for months, you've just missed it because you've been copy/pasting your "You can't criticize the Jets, look at the points/standings" posts in every single PGT at people daring to callout the PP, PK, the lineup decisions, the lack of line changes for a certain group of players vs the knee-jerk line changes for another group of players.

Don't get me wrong, the players have not stepped up while the Avs have, but this has been building up and when the chips are down Bowness will go down with *his* hand.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
He can defend just fine. He’s not going to overpower anyone but he is very intelligent, similar to how Enstrom played defense. And a huge part of defence is the ability to transition out of our end and that is where he shines. That is the ability we lack currently.
Exactly. Which is why I feel he should be given a chance. Instead we have the pylon, penalty machine known as Logan Stanley taking his spot on the roster. Make it make sense…

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If he wanted speed why did he put Stanley back in ahead of Miller 🤔.

I've loved how he got the team to play a good defensive game this year but I'm f***ing baffled by him lately :laugh:
I had really hoped Stanley turned into a decent defenseman but i don't think that's happening,Stanley is just not a good enough skater and ends up taking too many penalties because of it. That was the great thing about Buff , big guy but he was a great skater.

Reactions: MardyBum

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He doesn't play only against the other teams best, he plays against other weaker lines as well. Unfortunately they don't score enough to deserve the ice time. The lowry line was *okay* against top lines but thrived when they played the weaker competition, because they're a good group of players but aren't elite. That was also ES time on ice, no PK or PP involved.

I don't need Murat or twitter to see what's wrong. Murat has been slow on the draw and is too much of a nice guy. It's been pointed out for months, you've just missed it because you've been copy/pasting your "You can't criticize the Jets, look at the points/standings" posts in every single PGT at people daring to callout the PP, PK, the lineup decisions, the lack of line changes for a certain group of players vs the knee-jerk line changes for another group of players.

Don't get me wrong, the players have not stepped up while the Avs have, but this has been building up and when the chips are down Bowness will go down with *his* hand.
I've never once defended the PP or the PK. In fact, I've been vocal about the PP's lack of motion and it's inability to create shooting/passing lanes. I've also never once suggested any line combos or changes, but instead try to help people like you see what the org might see. Personally, IDGAF who plays with who

I have no idea why you've misrepresented my posts. I'm fine criticizing what needs criticizing. But then there are posters like you that do nothing but criticize, 24/7.

I just think that you don't like people disagreeing with you

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba

Yeah, this passes the eye test. The Avs are ridiculous. Too bad the Jets haven't been able to raise their game to the same level.

They simply are not able to. The Avs have 4 players who are better than anything the Jets can put out there. 2 of those are in the top 5 of the league. We don't even have one guy in the top 20 for skaters. Star power makes a huge difference

Have we seen this movie with Scheifele before
In this case I dont think Scheif is the one who is wrong. Bones is a dinosaur from another era. He should be in a museum

Reactions: Buffdog

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I had really hoped Stanley turned into a decent defenseman but i don't think that's happening,Stanley is just not a good enough skater and ends up taking too many penalties because of it. That was the great thing about Buff , big guy but he was a great skater.

He had an amazing little stretch of games, but, I don't know if he just starts trying to overdo stuff? He overreaches, takes himself out of play, bad penalties etc.

Buff was a unicorn. I can be a lazy asshole for all winter and run 10k in an hour in the spring while getting into shape, but I can't run 10k in world record time, and he could just *be that guy* at the drop of a hat :laugh:. Elite NHL player then go fish drink beer and eat like shit. What a stud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad