Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I wasn't aware we had Connor McDavid in the back room to elevate otherwise terrible players.

If Hyman did what he's doing with the Oilers when he was here, he'd still BE here. The reason he was released is because he was missing empty f***ing nets in Toronto. Difference? Being released made him decide maybe he should work on his close range shooting. Because anyone who watches him can see it; the majority of Zach Hyman goals are McDavid and Drai doing all the work and Hyman standing in front to bang the garbage in. That was his role in Toronto, but here he couldn't do it at all.
That's another "it's all Hyman's fault" narrative. I'm not buying that.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Watching the IIHF world hockey championship, I hope these rumours about them being interested in Binnington aren’t true.

He’s absolutely brutal right now. I would honestly rather bring back Sammy then trade for him.
Its the usual Marek/Friedman nonsense.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He was a center 10 years ago so its new to him. Lots of players come up at C like Kessel did and have their careers on the wing. A guy can be a successful amateur center on pure skill and not be capable at the NHL level. If he had shown that potential he would have pushed JT to the wing two years ago. I sort of get what you mean about the #1 vs #2 except they are paying him $11.5M to produce at a 100 point clip so they expect him to play at a top line potential. Like Malkin as a #2 C.
Except for the odd game with the Leafs, he last played centre for Sweden in 2019.

I agree he should have pushed JT to the wing or 3C a couple of years ago, but JT was Dubas' big signing, and I couldn't see Keefe doing that, and confirming Dubas' mistake. Maybe Berube will fix it.

He played this year at virtually a 100 point clip, as a 2W. Is the likelihood better at 1W or 2C (like Malkin or Drai)? Have Matty and Willy on one line or two?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I wasn't aware we had Connor McDavid in the back room to elevate otherwise terrible players.

If Hyman did what he's doing with the Oilers when he was here, he'd still BE here. The reason he was released is because he was missing empty f***ing nets in Toronto. Difference? Being released made him decide maybe he should work on his close range shooting. Because anyone who watches him can see it; the majority of Zach Hyman goals are McDavid and Drai doing all the work and Hyman standing in front to bang the garbage in. That was his role in Toronto, but here he couldn't do it at all.

We have better than McDavid. We have Mitch Gretzky. He almost got paid like McDavid too. I love our media, man they must get big bucks under the table by these agents to hype players.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Are we Leafs fans or certain players or GM fans?

Wonder how many will not post here any more when let’s say AM choose to leave the Leafs?

Reactions: Buds17

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
That's another "it's all Hyman's fault" narrative. I'm not buying that.
It's not his fauit he got top line minutes every year he was in Toronto and was basically stapled to Matthews for his entire Leafs tenure, and yet could never produce more than 40 points his entire time here, and was basically on the line to dig pucks out of the corner because he had stone hands in front of the net and didn't bother to do anything about it in 5 years?

Fact: He's scoring now. Fact: He wasn't scoring here. Fact: He was given every f***ing chance imaginable here; the only thing he didn't get here that he's getting in Edmonton is PP1 time. Fact: If he did what he's doing now in Toronto, he'd be resigned.

What does Hyman have to do with Berube?
Because there are idiots who argue the Leafs should have oubid the Oilers for Zach Hyman and his career high 21 goals on the assumption he'd double that total if they did, because he ended up doing so.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
We have better than McDavid. We have Mitch Gretzky. He almost got paid like McDavid too. I love our media, man they must get big bucks under the table by these agents to hype players.
Funny thing; Mitch gave Hyman at leat three tap-in goals as good as some of McDavid's best setups in the Montreal series, and Hyman proceeded to miss the empty net. Three times.

Reactions: WillNy29

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If IF’s and BUT’s were candy and hits everyday would be Christmas, real fan’s don’t make excuses, they identity what went wrong and hope the team fixes their previous short comings…………
If wishes were horses, beggars would eat.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's not his fauit he got top line minutes every year he was in Toronto and was basically stapled to Matthews for his entire Leafs tenure, and yet could never produce more than 40 points his entire time here, and was basically on the line to dig pucks out of the corner because he had stone hands in front of the net and didn't bother to do anything about it in 5 years?

Fact: He's scoring now. Fact: He wasn't scoring here. Fact: He was given every f***ing chance imaginable here; the only thing he didn't get here that he's getting in Edmonton is PP1 time. Fact: If he did what he's doing now in Toronto, he'd be resigned.

Because there are idiots who argue the Leafs should have oubid the Oilers for Zach Hyman and his career high 21 goals on the assumption he'd double that total if they did, because he ended up doing so.
Berube wasn't the Coach when Hyman left. I don't see what the connection is between the two.

I guessing this is more the squirrels taking over.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

His 82 game pace was 34 and 29 his last two years here. That was a clear step up from his previous years.

Reactions: DarkKnight

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
When his rookie year ? Hyman was a stud lol

This is what a stud looks like to some.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 1.42.54 PM.png

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Berube wasn't the Coach when Hyman left. I don't see what the connection is between the two.

I guessing this is more the squirrels taking over.
Hyman is a good example of finding a player that’s fit the talents on the roster.
Like Domi and Bert with AM.
Just need Tre to find a few more for Willie, Rielly, Knies and McCabe

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hyman is a good example of finding a player that’s fit the talents on the roster.
Like Domi and Bert with AM.
Just need Tre to find a few more for Willie, Rielly, Knies and McCabe

Domi Bert AM looked good. Nylander is just stuck with anchors

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What does Hyman have to do with Berube?

Well you see, the same folks who ripped on Babcock for playing Hyman so much and called for him to not be re-signed due to his poor playoffs are now claiming losing him was a mistake.

Leaf fans have this sadistic kink or something. People just love to be miserable. The Leafs are a few moves away from a cup not a complete organizational tear down.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This is what a stud looks like to some.

View attachment 874009
That's why we actually watch games instead of staring at a piece of paper to draw conclusions, if you watched you would've realized several things

Elite defensively
Elite PKer
Elite forechecker
Wins puck battles/Puck retrieval
Always competes at his highest level
Could take faceoffs
Very high hockey IQ, hence the success with McDavid

Most of us acknowledged this. The beef everyone had was with the term of his contract not the $ amount.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Well you see, the same folks who ripped on Babcock for playing Hyman so much and called for him to not be re-signed due to his poor playoffs are now claiming losing him was a mistake.

Leaf fans have this sadistic kink or something. People just love to be miserable. The Leafs are a few moves away from a cup not a complete organizational tear down.
I'm extra bitter today.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That's why we actually watch games instead of staring at a piece of paper to draw conclusions, if you watched you would've realized several things

Elite defensively
Elite PKer
Elite forechecker
Wins puck battles/Puck retrieval
Always competes at his highest level
Could take faceoffs
Very high hockey IQ, hence the success with McDavid

Most of us acknowledged this. The beef everyone had was with the term of his contract not the $ amount.
To be fair, I don’t think Hyman will ever have his success if he stayed.
But I am 100% sure he will always give 110%, play his hearts out, engage the moment he steps on the ice and won’t be learning any new lessons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad