F Adam Sykora - Hartford Wolf Pack, AHL (2022, 63rd, NYR)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
At 63, you can't go wrong. I mean, you can look back in a few years and say these players picked after him ended up better value, were hidden gems, or just better players, but this isn't like they used a mid 1st round pick with better options on the board. It was a late second round pick. Good value if the player becomes a bottom 6 for sure.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good. No offense to Medicine Hat, but they are a complete disaster. He will develop much better staying in the Slovak top league for the season then coming over to the AHL next year.

Reactions: Antiillafire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I was just wondering that when I read these news, how often does a 1st overall not play for the CHL team at all?
Since 2000, there has only been 3.

2000 Ivan Huml - Val D'or

2007 Nikita Filatov - Sudbury

2016 Klim Kostin - Kootenay

Usually the #1 import pick is reserved for an elite talent that WILL report. If Sykora doesn't report next year either he'll be only the 4th 1st overall import to not report. I'll assume Medicine Hat will retain his rights however in case they're able to trade them to a team he will report to.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sounds like a situation where Medicine Hat initially thought he was going to play for them because he probably told them that. Then he got drafted in the NHL, and he spoke to his NHL team who told him they thought Slovak league made the most sense.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Mato94

Apr 11, 2020
Bratislava, Slovakia
Sounds like a situation where Medicine Hat initially thought he was going to play for them because he probably told them that. Then he got drafted in the NHL, and he spoke to his NHL team who told him they thought Slovak league made the most sense.

Yeah, he initially thought the NHL team that was going to draft him would send him to the CHL. This is what he said a couple of days after the Import Draft:

„It all depends on the NHL club that will draft me. I think it’s more likely they’ll want me in Canada and I’ll go to the WHL.” But he had never talked to the Tigers before the Import Draft.

And now it’s been known for a week +- he’s staying with Nitra. A bit of a surprise, but they obviously trust the Slovak team, which is good. Sýkora should have a big role this year.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Kids gonna be a real solid middle 6 all situations puck hound. He's the type of player that helps win championships.

Hopefully his work ethic and intensity rubs off on some of their younger players.
Obviously he will add more than points but what do you think his ceiling in the department is?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Thanks. I imagine his biggest impact will probably be on shot supression.
I think he's gonna create a lot of offense as well, just not by way of being credited a point due to his insane forechecking skills - He might be the best forechecker I've seen at his age. Great anticipation and determination, and he's very strong on the puck/body. He's going to be a turnover forcing machine which will result in offense.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I think he's gonna create a lot of offense as well, just not by way of being credited a point due to his insane forechecking skills - He might be the best forechecker I've seen at his age. Great anticipation and determination, and he's very strong on the puck/body. He's going to be a turnover forcing machine which will result in offense.

And you are right this is the type of player you win championships with. Reminds me of Lehkonen.

Wish the Rangers could fit Motte in and build a thue bottom six that supresses shots in front of Igor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad