IIHF World Championships 2024

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
caufield has 2 goals in 6 games, should Habs fans be worried? Smith has 0 points in 5 games, should the Sharks be worried? on Canada, Mccann has 2 points in 0 games. all these players are good NHLers, not producing in this tournament doesn't mean much and people shouldn't be worried about Zegras' lack of production.

Worry ≠ surprise though. People just assumed he'd go and dominate after what amounts to a lost season. I, for one, am not remotely worried.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
caufield has 2 goals in 6 games, should Habs fans be worried? Smith has 0 points in 5 games, should the Sharks be worried? on Canada, Mccann has 2 points in 0 games. all these players are good NHLers, not producing in this tournament doesn't mean much and people shouldn't be worried about Zegras' lack of production.
Am I reading that right? 2 points in 0 games? I haven't been paying attention at all and idk if there's some rule like if he left halfway it doesn't count as a game played or something. Or it's just a typo and that makes way more sense.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Am I reading that right? 2 points in 0 games? I haven't been paying attention at all and idk if there's some rule like if he left halfway it doesn't count as a game played or something. Or it's just a typo and that makes way more sense.
lol no, i messed up. 2 points in 6 games

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well, now I want him to not score next game too :laugh:
Guys, we really need a win vs USA, so if that could somehow happen, that'd be great :laugh:

PS
Yesterday Latvia-Slovakia was a fantastic game. Regenda looked nice, but I'm still not convinced he can make the Ducks. Seems like Colangelo brings more promise. But would'nt be against resigning Regenda

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Z took a dumb penalty in the 2nd period and was benched afterward.

There was plenty of stupidity to go around on Team USA, but he was the only one held "accountable".

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

There was plenty of stupidity to go around on Team USA, but he was the only one held "accountable".
He’s been pretty bad I think he ended the group play with 2 points in 8 games. If you ain’t producing…. Less room for dumb penalties…. Specially if your game is mostly 1 dimensional

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

At some point, it has to be Zegras, right? I understand why a lot of people are skeptical regarding Cronin's handling of Zegras - Cronin is a rookie NHL head coach (at age 60 or whatever) who has no track record to fall back on and his public messaging seemed inconsistent. But this is Mike Sullivan. And it's for the same type of stuff that Zegras has been doing for the last several years.

I believe he can grow out of it, but I don't think we can absolve Zegras of responsibility. He needs to be better and more mature.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
At some point, it has to be Zegras, right? I understand why a lot of people are skeptical regarding Cronin's handling of Zegras - Cronin is a rookie NHL head coach (at age 60 or whatever) who has no track record to fall back on and his public messaging seemed inconsistent. But this is Mike Sullivan. And it's for the same type of stuff that Zegras has been doing for the last several years.

I believe he can grow out of it, but I don't think we can absolve Zegras of responsibility. He needs to be better and more mature.
Oh yah... Z needs to get his head out of his ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad