HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Frustrating to see the jets out so early but Avs are unreal.

Islanders was only a matter of time. Hopefully the rangers kick some ass next round.

L-O-L at Boston, yet another choke job is on the horizon. Toronto is playing with house money now and I bet you they force gm7.

Sad for the Canucks but they really needed to get that insurance goal. I think they can close it out on gm6.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Jets lose. Jets lose. Now we need the Preds and the old bum O'Reilly to wake up. And Boston to win and kick the shit out of Florida.
Thank you Monahan for doing nothing in the playoffs. Time for Hughes to offer you a contract.
Preds are a gritty team. They have just found a way to shut down Vancouver. Its not pretty but effective
With no offense or they would run up the score on Canucks mediocre goaltending.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Losing a late pick to solidify your team makes sense...as long as that part is useful.

Imagine if someone had traded for marner..And honestly I know matthews is sick, but dude looked bad out there and was actively hurting his team. They played 2 better games(4 periods) with him not playing.

Edit-did I mention that the Toronto-Bruins rivalry is meh at best. Boring hockey games and nothing like when habs play bruins. I am cheering for the make beliefs and yet find myself satisfied with the bruins winning or losing. Though I know once SN gets the hype train on again I will be stuck having a hard time cheering for the leafs. Them taking out boston in game 7 would be hilarious, or vice versa. And Florida destroying either is just a nice bit of deja vu from last playoffs.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He totally is. He changed all 4 games Jets lost.

Oh snap! And his 8.5m aav deal kicks in next year.

8omdaj.jpg

Damn Winnipeg gave up a first round pick for a first round exit...thats gotta sting

It's OK the Peg can always attract UFAs to make up for it. Like Vlad Namestnikov :sarcasm:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The Scheifele and Hellebuyck extensions are going to age terribly. 17 million locked up for 7 years between two guys that'll be 31 at the start of next season.
Just another team locking their aging core for way too long. GMs are more interested in saving their hide short terms than planning long term and few players have any interest in signing short terms contracts anymore. This is the result.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The Scheifele and Hellebuyck extensions are going to age terribly. 17 million locked up for 7 years between two guys that'll be 31 at the start of next season.
Hellebyuck is likely going to win his second Vezina this year and has been a rock for them for 7 years now. He had a bad postseason but he’ll be alright granted he doesn’t have a rapid decline in his 30’s. He seems healthy. Bobrovsky was known as a prolific playoff choker for years and managed to shake that label late in his career. I don’t think Winnipeg was anywhere near as good as their regular season record would indicate.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Tonight is Vegas @ Dallas, 7:30 pm. Series is tied 2-2.

And, LAK @ Edmonton, 10 pm. Elimination game. I expect the Oilers to win easily. We'll be down to 3 series.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Listening to the team 1200 they had Dreger on.

Said he (Matthews) was sick and then took an awkward hit in game 3 and that's what his injury is/why he's out.

Mentioned could be concussion and that the symptoms can take a few days to show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad