RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Previous part surpassed 1000 posts - a lot has transpired aince that thread was created, may as well start fresh.

Michkov was injured early in the season, then returned from injury where he started playing in the VHL where he was scoring at a rate never really seen by a draft eligible player before (10 goals in 12 games played). He deserved a callup to St.Petersburg of the KHL but was essentially labeled as too weak to play against men in the KHL by their head coach Roman Rotenberg.
Michkov then gets loaned to one of the worst preforming KHL franchises HC Sochi where he has finally gotten legitimate playing time in the top-6 and has produced at a very respectable rate in the 10 games he has played so far (6points in 10 games). And that’s where we are today.

Link to Part 1:

Link to Part 2:

Link to Part 3:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I don’t know what more could top learning that Michkov has the greatest IQ of any Russian player ever, as was the case in Part 3. What’s next, he is a better chess player than Kasparov too?
It's amazing because the Russian have a HOF player who dominated the Soviet scene and the NHL who is called 'The Professor' and he's now the 2nd on the Russian hockey IQ list. I assume Datsyuk is a distant third!

Reactions: Conbon and Blueston

Anahome

Oct 5, 2019
It's amazing because the Russian have a HOF player who dominated the Soviet scene and the NHL who is called 'The Professor' and he's now the 2nd on the Russian hockey IQ list. I assume Datsyuk is a distant third!
Some Soviet era players considered to have higher IQ. Larionov wasn't the best of them.

Reactions: Czechboy

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Will he still be a top 5 pick, or will he keep falling because of politics?

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
And I hope the new part will have fewer foreign influences from Canada and the Czech Republic... who are unhappy because they don't get the same praise for their boys here.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Will he still be a top 5 pick, or will he keep falling because of politics?
I don't think politics is a factor. His contract is a bit of a factor. My guess is that he goes 3rd or 4th.
A team towards the end of their rebuild might pick a player that is closer to the NHL while a team at the start of their rebuild won't mind waiting for him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Page after page and there's very little scouting information here.

People are constantly dropping in to say how great Michkov is but no one seems to be watching him, not even our Russian friends. I want to see "Michkov did x y z good things in this game and x y z not so good things".
Agreed. It's tiresome.

I think he has looked a lot better since the move to Sochi though.

He has been so much more engaged.

Hope to see that across the remainder of his games.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Page after page and there's very little scouting information here.

People are constantly dropping in to say how great Michkov is but no one seems to be watching him, not even our Russian friends. I want to see "Michkov did x y z good things in this game and x y z not so good things".
The Russian users didn't talk about anything else.. but after the U20 World Cup this thread was flooded with garbage (see the first posts here after the opening). Some of your post liker know what Im talking about.

@Opener, "has produced at a very respectable rate in the 10 games he has played so far". It is not a "very respectable rate", we are talking about the best PPG this league has seen like ever (but thanks otherwise for a good opening with links and a little introduction):

Michkov-KHL.jpg

(draft eligible U19 min 10 games)

And, like it was mentioned here many times before, he is doing that beeing smaller/lighter than everyone on this list while playing for the worst team the KHL has seen like ever (just a fact). He shouldn't even be playing in the KHL with his physique, let alone being the top player on his KHL team.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The Russian users didn't talk about anything else.. but after the U20 World Cup this thread was flooded with garbage (see the first posts here after the opening). Some of your post liker know what Im talking about.

@Opener, "has produced at a very respectable rate in the 10 games he has played so far". It is not a "very respectable rate", we are talking about the best PPG this league has seen like ever (but thanks otherwise for a good opening with links and a little introduction):

Michkov-KHL.jpg

(draft eligible U19 min 10 games)

And, like it was mentioned here many times before, he is doing that beeing smaller/lighter than everyone on this list while playing for the worst team the KHL has seen like ever (just a fact). He shouldn't even be playing in the KHL with his physique, let alone being the top player on his KHL team.
Looking at stats isn't scouting information

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad