RW Matvei Michkov - HC Sochi, KHL (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Size
Russian
Doesn't want to play for you
Mercurial
etc....
I appreciate your scouting report. And there are even more « red flags »?

But i’ll go with Elite prospect’s:

The rare triple-threat winger, Michkov is a constant threat to find the back of the net. His puck skills are near the top of the draft, owing to immense creativity, hip pocket handling, dextrous hands, and a never-say-die attitude. You may think that you have him, but most of the time, you really don’t. His ability to problem-solve his way out of defensive pressure is at a level all its own. Michkov creates plays on the ice that we can’t even fathom with the benefit of a bird’s eye view.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u6.jpg

Reactions: Devonator

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Interesting if he comes over this early, Russian forwards seem to develop well in Russia. Either way I'll be interested in seeing what he can do. Philadelphia could use a forward who can bring some excitement.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
crazy, this is why you always take BPA. one of the biggest reasons he dropped was cause he wasn't coming over or expected to come for 3 years.
going to hurt some of the fans who's team passed on him very soon. and not talking about the first 3 teams after Bedard. Utah just happy to have a team now too

dumb move, he's not ready for the nhl and won't be ready next season.
so what about his game makes him not NHL ready?

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Fatass

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Well if this is true, so much for the "Bobrov was feeding the Habs intel on Michkov" excuse.

I guess the intel on "We might terminate his contract" must have slipped his mind.
I think teams just didn't like the player. Not sure anything on that front has changed either.

I'm glad he's coming over and I hope he's a good player for the Flyers. Much better than 2 more years of speculating while he's in Russia

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
I think teams just didn't like the player. Not sure anything on that front has changed either.

I'm glad he's coming over and I hope he's a good player for the Flyers. Much better than 2 more years of speculating while he's in Russia

Not liking him as a player is at least just a difference of opinions which I can understand. That's a believable reason for passing on him.

"Montreal has connections to Bobrov so they must know something" was just a dubious talking point that sounded like a coping mechanism.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
hilarious will be michkov playing in the nhl under torts next year. It'll be a disaster. Hope they will be open to sending him to the ahl. A year or two there will surely help.
you’ve clearly failed to keep up with Torts

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All the teams that passed on him other than Chicago look incredibly stupid.

Even Fantilli and Carlsson were like second liners at best last season for teams that weren’t competitive right away with them.

Now Michkov will be there year 2 of this draft class’ NHL eligibility. He’ll also be in the NHL before all the guys picked after 3 before he was picked.

A lot of teams taking a big L. Everyone who passed on him other than Chicago.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
All the teams that passed on him other than Chicago look incredibly stupid.

Even Fantilli and Carlsson were like second liners at best last season for teams that weren’t competitive right away with them.

Now Michkov will be there year 2 of this draft class’ NHL eligibility. He’ll also be in the NHL before all the guys picked after 3 before he was picked.

A lot of teams taking a big L. Everyone who passed on him other than Chicago.
I mean, if Michkov told those teams that he wouldn't sign with them, then I don't know if they really look that stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad