Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2 strong TDS:
Trump Derangement Syndrome
Torts DS

Get Torts in some court in September.
Tony DS is another one. Tony DeAngelo to be exact.

Flyers fans might know a little about this because he also played for you guys, but there is a small segment of Rangers fans that boos this guy every time he plays against us. There’s no real reason behind it to. Strikes me as very odd and for no reason that he gets hated when he was a decent player for the team.

• Love
Reactions: FlyguyOX

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Tony DS is another one. Tony DeAngelo to be exact.

Flyers fans might know a little about this because he also played for you guys, but there is a small segment of Rangers fans that boos this guy every time he plays against us. There’s no real reason behind it to. Strikes me as very odd and for no reason that he gets hated when he was a decent player for the team.
No reason. The dude fough with Georgiev after a loss and was then waived for it.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and kp61c

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Michkov compares more to Valeri Kharlamov.
Interesting. Based on build, size, and his ultra-slippery jitterbug approach to attacking... Michkov has always reminded me of another Soviet legend... Sergei Makarov. Kharlamov seemed more like Lafleur, Perreault, or Fedorov to me... a beautiful skater... flashy in a regal sense. Michkov has the stop/start thing going on with sublime edgework and tight dekes... he's also a goalscoring wizard like Makarov.

Reactions: Baysick

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Interesting. Based on build, size, and his ultra-slippery jitterbug approach to attacking... Michkov has always reminded me of another Soviet legend... Sergei Makarov. Kharlamov seemed more like Lafleur, Perreault, or Fedorov to me... a beautiful skater... flashy in a regal sense. Michkov has the stop/start thing going on with sublime edgework and tight dekes... he's also a goalscoring wizard like Makarov.

If Michkov had Makarov's speed he'd have been an even better player than Makarov...

Reactions: Acallabeth

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If Michkov had Makarov's speed he'd have been an even better player than Makarov...
He's 19. He will get faster and wiser navigating the NHL game. His maneuverability in tight is as dynamic as Makarov, who may have been among the all-time best in that regard. Of course he needs to do it against star NHL defensemen but I think he's going to be a megastar worth the price of admission.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
small, selfish, self-entitled, not very fast, can't (won't) play defense. torts will hate him.
So are we just making shit up?

5'11" 183 isn't small
Selfish is MTL media making up rumors like a scorn ex
Self entitled see above
Very quick skater
Forechecks hard and hustles, just isn't great in his own end positionally

hilarious will be michkov playing in the nhl under torts next year. It'll be a disaster. Hope they will be open to sending him to the ahl. A year or two there will surely help.
hilarious will be michkov playing in the nhl under torts next year. It'll be a disaster. Hope they will be open to sending him to the ahl. A year or two there will surely help.
He'll be better than any Canadian forward day 1

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
How does Demidov compare to him? Stylistically and potential. Thanks.
Not nearly as good tbh.

Complete opposite players. Demidov is 90% tools, 10% toolbox

Michkov has slightly less tools but generational IQ

Demidov needs this skills to thrive whereas michkov can thrive with vision/iq alone

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
the common answer is that Demidov is more flashy. Although, I think he just chooses to play that way more frequently. He probably is a better skater and that's about it. And Michkov is the epitome of efficiency and IQ. Their IQs are not really close
Michkov for sure is the better skater, Demidov is a little quicker, big difference. Demidov has a very ugly stride, he's just more explosive

Demidov def more flashy and "electrifying"

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
People keep thinking Torts is going to eat this kid alive, but they only base this on "Skill" and not what they players gives during games. It's been evident over the years what Torts hates, guys that give it 50% of the time. If he expects you to be a great player, but you only show up once in a while, he's making you ride the pine. Everything I've seen from Michkov, the guy is constantly on the go every shift. He isn't Morgan Frost.....

• Love

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
If Reinbacher ceiling is 2nd pairing then Michkov ceiling is 2nd line winger.
Michkov ceiling is generational talent, his middle potential is playmaking first liner and his floor is second line center. Reinbacher will be never generational defenseman. His ceiling is first line defenseman but not your potentail Norris candidate. Miles away from generational defenseman label.
Mtl drafted Reinbacher for needs, sometimes GMs doing things like that. Its not fault of Reinbacher to be less than some fans expecting. He is very good defenseman.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
People keep thinking Torts is going to eat this kid alive, but they only base this on "Skill" and not what they players gives during games. It's been evident over the years what Torts hates, guys that give it 50% of the time. If he expects you to be a great player, but you only show up once in a while, he's making you ride the pine. Everything I've seen from Michkov, the guy is constantly on the go every shift. He isn't Morgan Frost.....

Michkov was repeatedly benched and healthy scratched over his KHL career, not just by Roman Rotenberg. You're kidding yourself if you think Torts is gonna be any more forgiving than KHL coaches.

• Haha

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Michkov was repeatedly benched and healthy scratched over his KHL career, not just by Roman Rotenberg. You're kidding yourself if you think Torts is gonna be any more forgiving than KHL coaches.
I have him being benched one time last year in Sochi after battling pneumonia. How many other times last year was he benched?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Demidov has 6 KHL games: no point
Michkov has 90 KHL games: 66 pts

MM last play in jr MHL league in 21-22: 30 goals in 28 gp.

ID in MHL last yr: 23 goals in 30 gp.

Not selling the farm to get ID when you have MM is my point.

Reactions: Flynn84

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I have him being benched one time last year in Sochi after battling pneumonia. How many other times last year was he benched?

He was perma scratched by Rotenberg until he was finally shipped out again. Then in Sochi he got benched and scratched, too.

Played horribly vs Kunlun, was on the ice and partly to blame for all 4 goals against in a game Sochi lost 2-4. Michkov was -3 after the first period. Then got scored on again in the 2nd period on his second shift I believe. Played 11mins until then but was benched for the rest of the game and healthy scratched for the next one vs Minsk.

• Haha

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
He was perma scratched by Rotenberg until he was finally shipped out again. Then in Sochi he got benched and scratched, too.

Played horribly vs Kunlun, was on the ice and partly to blame for all 4 goals against in a game Sochi lost 2-4. Michkov was -3 after the first period. Then got scored on again in the 2nd period on his second shift I believe. Played 11mins until then but was benched for the rest of the game and healthy scratched for the next one vs Minsk.
Anything else outside of Rotenberg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad