Team Board Mck Draft

Who will the Sabres take?

• Sacha Boisvert, C, North Dakota (NCA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

• Igor Chernyshov, LW, Dynamo Moscow (KHL)

• Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
How small is Helenius?
Helenius is 5'11" 181. Average size, probably slightly below at C.

Who plays with piss and vinegar out of this group? I'm willing to change my vote

Benson does.
Savoie isn't a mixer-upper, but goes to dirty areas.

Kulich does not.
Rosen does not.

Ostlund doesn't based on an incredibly small NA side, check back with me in December 2024 when I see about 20 Amerks games.

Helenius to me is another Savoie pick, --speed, +iq. This is no knock on the prospect. In different circumstances in terms of the organizational depth chart, I'd be pounding the table for him over Yak. In this battle, however, tie goes to the big RD to me.

5'11 190lbs thereabouts so average size. If you want true piss and vinegar you need to go with Surin. Chernysov plays like Necas in that he uses his frame to protect the puck but doesn't hammer people
Surin is my Kulich/Wahlberg/I hope 43 is moved up for him.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I just don’t think a D in our situation can be in a tie with a C in our situation. Even if he’s right handed.

Here’s what the Sabres have at C:

Tage coming off a bad year with mounting injuries.
Cozens playing out of position because he isn’t a center
Krebs…ha
Ostlund who knows

That’s it

I can go that deep on D with much higher end on top…and three of them are already signed forever. They just traded a C for the fourth one.

If this was a tie I’d go with the center. Couldnt care less what size the wingers they’ve drafted are.

They’ve got one guy who is an NHL center in the organization right now…and he’s not a #1 but has to play there. I’ve got all the investment in top 4 D. Unless this is another route for an hilarious misguided request to trade Owen Power. Those never get old.

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Helenius is 5'11" 181. Average size, probably slightly below at C.

Benson does.
Savoie isn't a mixer-upper, but goes to dirty areas.

Kulich does not.
Rosen does not.

Ostlund doesn't based on an incredibly small NA side, check back with me in December 2024 when I see about 20 Amerks games.

Helenius to me is another Savoie pick, --speed, +iq. This is no knock on the prospect. In different circumstances in terms of the organizational depth chart, I'd be pounding the table for him over Yak. In this battle, however, tie goes to the big RD to me.

Surin is my Kulich/Wahlberg/I hope 43 is moved up for him.

I meant who plays with piss n vinegar out of the group of prospects to be picked

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I just don’t think a D in our situation can be in a tie with a C in our situation. Even if he’s right handed.

Here’s what the Sabres have at C:

Tage coming off a bad year with mounting injuries.
Cozens playing out of position because he isn’t a center
Krebs…ha
Ostlund who knows

That’s it

I can go that deep on much better D and three of them are already signed forever.

If this was a tie I’d go with the center.
Savoie is a center. Maybe not immediately, but then again, Helenius is no more an immediate center than Savoie.

They also played Kulich a ton at C all year in Roch. He was miserable, brutal in the postseason, but it wasn't in March and April.

I meant who plays with piss n vinegar out of the group of prospects to be picked
Yakemchuk with a large lead (he plays mean)....followed by probably Eiserman, honestly. He's got some of that dirtbag in him.

Reactions: Beerz

spfan

May 4, 2009
They need a RHD and Parekh has very high upside,
Though trading the pick might be the actual best move though. They're full of young players and prospects.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
Though trading the pick might be the actual best move though. They're full of young players and prospects.
He has high, high bust potential due to not not knowing how to play defense and being contact adverse. There are plenty of RD prospects to be found in the 2nd round.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Feels like Sabres have to take Yakemchuk, or maybe go for the HR in Sennecke. Helenius if they want to play it safe.

spfan

May 4, 2009
He has high, high bust potential due to not not knowing how to play defense and being contact adverse. There are plenty of RD prospects to be found in the 2nd round.
Could be a bust yeah, but any player can be too. So called safe players have failed too.

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Parekh would be scary

They should honestly trade the pick anyways though. Buffalo needs to take the next step.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm leaning towards Sennecke over Helenuis and Yakemchuk here. I'd be fine with any of the 3....and I honestly see the argument for Helenuis. I'm just siding with the bigger forward who uses his size.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Could be a bust yeah, but any player can be too. So called safe players have failed too.

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Parekh would be scary

They should honestly trade the pick anyways though. Buffalo needs to take the next step.
Well, with this defense, maybe we will score five goals in a game, but we will concede eight, Parekh makes no sense.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I went with Parekh as well, I see a fit there bigtime and he and Dahlin together would be utter playmaking magic.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Think were drunk to not trade #11 at this point. KA will be fired before he sees this kid in Sabres uniform.

spfan

May 4, 2009
I went with Parekh as well, I see a fit there bigtime and he and Dahlin together would be utter playmaking magic.
I think him and Power might make more sense. And then Byram-Dahlin. But I don't know if Parekh will realistically be available at their pick anyways, but it's possible.

Well, with this defense, maybe we will score five goals in a game, but we will concede eight, Parekh makes no sense.
Dahlin, Power, Byram can improve their defensive games over time too. Even if you don't believe in Parekh, you've got 3 other top d-men to help him. Another forward doesn't make much sense either.
In this scenario, I go Parekh, but I think they should really just trade the pick.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Scary? Scary for their own goalie.
Dahlin, Power, Byram can improve their defensive games over time too. Even if you don't believe in Parekh, they still got them.
Their coaching change might improve their underperformances in recent times.
But as I've said, trading the pick altogether might be the actual best move anyways.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Dahlin, Power, Byram can improve their defensive games over time too. Even if you don't believe in Parekh, they still got them.
Their coaching change might improve their underperformances in recent times.
But as I've said, trading the pick altogether might be the actual best move anyways.
You're definitely wrong, trading the pick is stupid. The smart move would be to trade from their plethora of blue chip wing prospects as they're all on the same basic timeline. The 1st would optimally spend 2yrs in their current league, followed by a year in Rochester to then come in as a minimum salary replacement

spfan

May 4, 2009
You're definitely wrong, trading the pick is stupid. The smart move would be to trade from their plethora of blue chip wing prospects as they're all on the same basic timeline. The 1st would optimally spend 2yrs in their current league, followed by a year in Rochester to then come in as a minimum salary replacement
Those players are further along though and could help sooner in a contending window than whoever they'd pick this year.
11th + whatever else(Rosen/Ostlund) for Saros.

Sure, you could just do Rosen, Ostlund and Kulich for Saros or something, but losing 11th overall isn't a bigger loss really, depending on the package.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Those players are further along though and could help sooner in a contending window than whoever they'd pick this year.
11th + whatever else(Rosen/Ostlund) for Saros.

Sure, you could just do Rosen, Ostlund and Kulich for Saros or something, but losing 11th overall isn't a bigger loss really, depending on the package.
Once again you're wrong. First off they don't need a Saros, they need a competent backup for UPL. The issue you're neglecting is in the immediate situation they need defensive wingers / C to fill the bottom 6. There is no room for Rosen or Kulich so much better to move them and replenish the pool with something different than a sub 6' offense first winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad