Speculation: The coaching search continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What if Berube wanted to wait and see what other jobs there were? He did his interview with the Sens and the job was his but he wanted to wait. As the Sens, would you move on to the next guy or risk waiting on Berube and maybe missing out on him and other people? Does this sort of thing even happen?
It does. I suspect that the "best" available coaches have been contacted by other teams who are contemplating a coaching change but cannot make it because they are in the playoffs.

If an available coach refuses to sign now and wants to wait, I would be suspicious of his motives and sign someone else who I like.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looks like i have bad info haha. Granted these two rumors came from different sources. Id prefer Julien personally.
I was surprised when I saw that the other day... I hope we give him a shot. If they want to continue what Jacques started he's the guy imo

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I wouldn't hate Green. He had some great players in Vancouver but the bottom half of his lineup was atrocious. Looks even worse in hindsight than it did at the time.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
It’s actually hilairious how much less patient other teams are with their coaches than we were with DJ.
Honest question: did Dorion even have the $$ funds available to change the coaching staff ?

Weren't the Sens & The Melnyk Estate borrowers from the NHL EMERGENCY FUND - just to sign Giroux & "prop up" the Team & ready it 'For Sale ' ??

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Green definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

Wasn't gifted a stacked roster in Vancouver but they underperformed pretty significantly during his tenure.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I read somewhere today that a team gonna give 7m year for a coach. I predict Rod to Seattle with his friend Francis

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I read somewhere today that a team gonna give 7m year for a coach. I predict Rod to Seattle with his friend Francis
IMO, If the Sens want an experienced coach like Bethune, they’ll have to pay a premium. Toronto might need a new coach and we might have to outbid them.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Does Staios' salary limit the options for a new coach?

What is Staios' salary? Anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad